Summer Transfer Windows for 2018/2019 Season

Maxus-MIFA9

felt surprised that the current crop of players and manager are willing to stay on, despite the apparent lack of resources to progress further and mount a more serious challenge.

To be champions, you need champions. Same as Pool all their players are young and has never won anything before. Sometimes really need some old heads(ex-chamipons) to guide them
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

To be champions, you need champions. Same as Pool all their players are young and has never won anything before. Sometimes really need some old heads(ex-chamipons) to guide them

true. just that Spurs' current crops of stars - Kane, Aelli, Erikson have been together for 3-4 years and they hardly had a sniff at a cup. though they kept playing well and getting into the top 4

Pool's stars players have generally come and gone..   Suarez, Couthinho etc.  That's why I find it surprising that spurs have generally remained loyal to the club despite the lack of titles 

surprising choice for new RM manager...

Real Madrid hire Spain's Lopetegui as new coach http://www.espnfc.com/real-madrid/story/3523531/real-madrid-hire-spain-coach-julen-lopetegui-to-take-over-as-coach-after-world-cup

Ya cos this guy was not on any shortlist of potential RM bosses. That said, Spain has thrived under him and if they go on to have a good run at the WC, his appointment would be justified. Being RM boss is on a hiding to nothing!

• Praise 5

felt surprised that the current crop of players and manager are willing to stay on, despite the apparent lack of resources to progress further and mount a more serious challenge.  

Ya agreed, I'm also surprised that Poch and Kane was willing to sign new contracts and this is as good if not better than any new signing!!

Levy has done well though their wage structure has been busted for sure. 

• Praise 3

What happen to Arsenal after they bought Danny Welbeck?    :grin:

Stoke have many Champion League winner players but they still get demoted [lipsrsealed] . 

Supersonic

Ya cos this guy was not on any shortlist of potential RM bosses. That said, Spain has thrived under him and if they go on to have a good run at the WC, his appointment would be justified. Being RM boss is on a hiding to nothing!

i thought RM would have waited to see how Spain performed, before hiring Lopetegui...

i thought RM would have waited to see how Spain performed, before hiring Lopetegui...

Sacking him before WC is a wise choice imo

Supersonic

Sacking him before WC is a wise choice imo

Lopetegui will only join RM after WC, based on the report.

I think its the manner and timing of the discussions, rather then when he'll join.

This RM also another KNN...

He just got sacked today, see WC thread
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

I think its the manner and timing of the discussions, rather then when he'll join.

He just got sacked today, see WC thread

ah paiseh... just saw the news...

Spain fires coach prior to World Cup, names sub http://www.espn.com/soccer/spain/story/3524002/spains-julen-lopetegui-leaves-as-coach-ahead-of-world-cup

via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Opening day fixtures for 2018/19 season and a mouthwatering heavyweight clash Arsenal v Man City!!

Arsenal vs Manchester City

Bournemouth vs Cardiff

Fulham vs Crystal Palace 

Huddersfield vs Chelsea

Liverpool vs West Ham 

Manchester United vs Leicester 

Newcastle vs Tottenham

Southampton vs Burnley 

Watford vs Brighton 

Wolves vs Everton 

Opening fixtures set to take place on weekend of August 11 and August 12

• Praise 8

Always has been

for 20m i think is a good signing...

so now arsenal left 30-40m to spend lol

looks like cech and ospina will be leaving

Ya agreed 26 year old German Intl goalie is fair price.

I don't think both Cech and Ospina will go, just one of them likely Cech or maybe whoever they can get a buyer.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Ya agreed 26 year old German Intl goalie is fair price.

I don't think both Cech and Ospina will go, just one of them likely Cech or maybe whoever they can get a buyer.

Cech more likely the one to be let go as it is hard to see him playing as back up. Ospina probably more used that role.

Cech's performances are on the downtrend in recent seasons as age is catching up. Hence, Arsenal is looking to refresh that position which is good to have.  

There are more gaps in the midfield... and Ozil's position in the squad is increasing under fire. However, I cant see how he can move on due the enormous wages he is on at the moment.  

↡ Advertisement