Summer Transfer Windows for 2018/2019 Season

Ya agreed 26 year old German Intl goalie is fair price.

I don't think both Cech and Ospina will go, just one of them likely Cech or maybe whoever they can get a buyer.

ospina left 1 year.. cech i presume is high wages... i guess letting Cech go may be a better option since opsina likely won't command much fee

I think all these pre-taken de. Wait for their preferred timing to officially unveil as new signing, or perhaps need all parties to sign off + get the international permit thingy they all need.

Hope all these world class talents dont become ordinary when they join

So many of these best players in their previous teams have not performed well once they signed for Man U

Juan Mata, Chelsea player of season

Alexis, Arsenal player of season

Depay, Best Dutch player

Fellani, Falcao, Di Maria etc etc

Fred unveiled as Manchester United player. £52mil from Shakhtar, Brazilian International.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5869983/Fred-unveiled-Man-Utd-52m-deal-Jose-Mourinho-hails-creative-brain.html

• Praise 9

Hope all these world class talents dont become ordinary when they join

So many of these best players in their previous teams have not performed well once they signed for Man U

Juan Mata, Chelsea player of season

Alexis, Arsenal player of season

Depay, Best Dutch player

Fellani, Falcao, Di Maria etc etc

Sometimes the trouble is they are big fish in “small” pond though some of the players u listed are admittedly not exactly from “small” clubs but point is that at OT, many of the players are star players in their own right n so IMO, it could be that the sum of the parts are greater than the whole just like I suspect this is exactly the situation with Belgium in this WC.

• Praise 5

Sometimes the trouble is they are big fish in “small” pond though some of the players u listed are admittedly not exactly from “small” clubs but point is that at OT, many of the players are star players in their own right n so IMO, it could be that the sum of the parts are greater than the whole just like I suspect this is exactly the situation with Belgium in this WC.

Compare Vardy when he is at club level.. He is the star of the team...

Put him in the England team.. He is only the bench warmer...

He contributed 0 during the 6-1 win last night while Kane get 3.

People may argue he came on after England have a big lead so he is not required do anything more than wasting time but I hardy see him getting the ball at all.  :a-bang:

People may argue he came on after England have a big lead so he is not required do anything more than wasting time but I hardy see him getting the ball at all.  :a-bang:

vardy is suited for counter attacking play. Playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

He's a good striker.

But kane's position in the squad is untouchable currently.

• Praise 1

vardy is suited for counter attacking play. Playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

He's a good striker.

But kane's position in the squad is untouchable currently.

Ya agreed. Vardy can add value with his pace n ball over the top of the opposing defence esp against tiring defenders so his pace can come in handy but England need a good passer to execute this which they don’t really have but Henderson has sprayed some good balls over the last 2 games.
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

Ya agreed. Vardy can add value with his pace n ball over the top of the opposing defence esp against tiring defenders so his pace can come in handy but England need a good passer to execute this which they donât really have but Henderson has sprayed some good balls over the last 2 games.

where is Drinkwater... [furious]

In the match last night, Kane scored 3, supposedly.

2 were penalties, granted they were very well taken.

the 3rd was a fluke which he knew nothing of.

In open play, he was not outstanding. The one who played well was Lingard.

If/when England meet a good/better team, i can foresee that the bubble will burst, and be it vardy or kane or welbeck, likely all will struggle.

It was panama that made england looked good.

I hope i'm wrong, but my gut feel is that the furthest they can go will be the quarters, if they meet a weak team in 2nd round.

The team doesn't have a creative player. If the opponents play a tight game and can counter well, that will spell trouble.

• Praise 1

If/when England meet a good/better team, i can foresee that the bubble will burst, and be it vardy or kane or welbeck, likely all will struggle.

I hope i'm wrong, but my gut feel is that the furthest they can go will be the quarters, if they meet a weak team in 2nd round.

The team doesn't have a creative player. If the opponents play a tight game and can counter well, that will spell trouble.

Agree with you. England never look good to win when the meet some 1st grade team. :grin:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Agree with you. England never look good to win when the meet some 1st grade team. :grin:

actually i dun quite agree.

in the past, england tend to flop with matches against lowly teams. 

many a times they will fail winning the smaller teams at group stages but somehow when they matched up with top teams, they are able to grind out the results. more than often, they lose because of penalty shootout during knockout stages. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

lets see how they fare vs Belgium...

Arsenal to sign Lucas Torreira form Sampdoria for £25mil. This Uruguayan International reminds me of Kante. Tigerish DM worth a shot at this price n Gunners definitely need strengthening in that dept. Emery has bought well this window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5904757/Arsenal-set-finalise-signing-Uruguay-midfielder-Lucas-Torreira-Sampdoria-week.html

• Praise 4