Singapore to Fail without PAP?

Aventador

With minister salary, buying a good class bungalow is also quite stretch on their budget unless they got other source of income also.

To comfortably live in GCB need to be at least multi-millionaire.

Now I know why GCT voice out ministers pay still not enough. But hey, people will never be satisfied with things. When one got this thing, they want to get better things, so the whole process is just envy those who own better property then them and aspire to be like them. When reach their level, they want even higher level.

There are certain limits to things leh. They are politician which draws on tax payers money, they are not self made multi millionair or billionaire. So they cannot demand the same as what multi millionair and billionaire lifestyle leh.

Those who is multi millionair or billionaire want to continue living their rich lifestyle can, continue with what they are doing and don't join politician lor. If they ownself want join politician, can, they need to sacrifice as it's their own will. They dont join as politicians, many others who is very good thinker also want to join. It is just a matter of whether government priorities is in line with them or not. Government cannot send a wrong signal to other people that super rich is only the main motive to bring these people into politicians. Other thing is secondary. This is no good.

What's the cheapest GCB on market?

30 yrs loan cannot afford meh.

↡ Advertisement

I speak for myself.... 

The role of a politician (incumbent at that) is to ensure that he communicate his ideas and thoughts in verbatim to the people under his governance. It is warped to think that the people have to put themselves in the shoes of the ruling party to "perceive" their elite thoughts and plans. 

Have they lost touch with the ground? That is a rhetorical question by the way.

Agree to disagree. 

I believe the ONLY warped people around are those who make decision based on how much GST rebate they can get, how much rebate they can get from purchasing HDB and etc. 

• Praise 4

I believe the ONLY warped people around are those who make decision based on how much GST rebate they can get, how much rebate they can get from purchasing HDB and etc.

its all about profits bro.....how much one could squeeze without breaking the law and bank.

Was it about the other thread.......? Dont read too much on opposing websites.......gives a lot of unsubstantiated and false info. Peace ya!

What's the cheapest GCB on market?

30 yrs loan cannot afford meh.

At least 20 million... Monthly installment can be around close to 80k. That exclude monthly maintenance and other cost like need to hire at least 2 maid, swimming pool need to maintain, land tax and etc. To maybe all add up can be close to 90k per month. So one year is about 1 million plus.

post-14834-0-57614600-1534045436_thumb.png

So imagine junior minister salary earn 500k per year.. Maybe plus bonus end up 1million plus. So all end up all the salary paying for big bunglow?

Even prime Minister salary also abit tight. Given that they also need to pay income tax. Imagine tax for them is already at the top at 22%.

So confirm need to be at least multi millionaire and above then be able to comfortably live in GCB.

This is at least the cost in singapore. So let's face it.. Its darn expensive in singapore.

Edited by Yewheng

But lets agree that critetia for back benchers and ministers are different as it is so obvious. There are about 90 positions for back benchers, out of which only 1x for ministers.

This is factually not accurate:

There are about (perhaps more than) 40-50 PAP political appointees (Senior Parliamentary Secretary/Mayor, MOS, first and second ministers) in total.  That's more than 50% of the parliament (including WP), meaning PAP "Back benchers" is actually a minority.  Mind you, even the lowest paid appointee's celery is 500k-600k, plus MP allowance, perhaps plus pay as town mayor (this has not been clarified in my memory if the town mayors are paid separately).

See list below.

https://www.pmo.gov.sg/newsroom/changes-cabinet-and-other-appointments-apr-2018

• Praise 1

At least 20 million... Monthly installment can be around close to 80k. That exclude monthly maintenance and other cost like need to hire at least 2 maid, swimming pool need to maintain, land tax and etc. To maybe all add up can be close to 90k per month. So one year is about 1 million plus.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180812-114231.png

So imagine junior minister salary earn 500k per year.. Maybe plus bonus end up 1million plus. So all end up all the salary paying for big bunglow?

Even prime Minister salary also abit tight. Given that they also need to pay income tax. Imagine tax for them is already at the top at 22%.

So confirm need to be at least multi millionaire and above then be able to comfortably live in GCB.

This is at least the cost in singapore. So let's face it.. Its darn expensive in singapore.

Less than 10m

post-16870-0-35509000-1534047992_thumb.png

Based on 100% loan

post-16870-0-83299600-1534048065_thumb.png

• Praise 1

Less than 10m

attachicon.gifIMG_1929.PNG

Based on 100% loan

attachicon.gifIMG_1930.PNG

This is far from a GCB.

Only a normal detached at best and small one.

Built up only 2000sft

Probabl6 original single storey

Quite nice for retirement.

I think $6mil, seller better let go

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Not even a shadow of his fatherâs hair! Only know how to offend everyone!

Yup. All money faced.

This resonates well with me.

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/06/23/shakeup-at-glcs/

If they do well and make money, sure, pay them a good bonus. But lose money like siao and cock up and still sit there? Paid like commercial sector should also be sacked like commercial sector if shit happens.

All want to be paid high high and yet no accountability. This I cannot accept!

Yup, I can accept high pay and good bonus but not the lack of accountability. If they can deliver strong broad based growth with low inflation, better quality of life with low inequality, what is S$100m for a country with GDP of US$300b? Pay them lah (水涨船高).

But the fact is, only a few have actually performed and we have so many "honest" mistakes. Many ex-ministers, paid peanuts in today's context, did much better to build this country.

Is passion to serve more important? We probably need more diversity as well, we have too many high SES running the country these days that can't even read the ground well and yet claim to represent our interest, implementing polices that they deem to be good for the country but are really milking the majority to death.

• Praise 2

This is far from a GCB.

Built up only 2000sft

Dairy Farm! maybe got hantoo......must tell abang Radx to check. Its rather huge for a detached and with land surrounding the house.

Sorry if I am not from the non-mediocre population group, so I cannot understand how much it takes to support:

- own parents

- parents-in-laws

- house

- so on

(I am particularly interested in the "so on" part.... Multiple investment properties on finance? Multiple high SES cars on finance? Multiple maids? Multiple girlfriends? ) 

Sgd 500k Pa not enough? Will go into financial hardship like what Najib said when his bank accounts were frozen?  :D

Mr Goh then revealed that former lawyer Edwin Tong took a pay cut of about 75 per cent when he became a Senior Minister of State for Health and Law earlier this year.

Mr Tong was earning more than S$2 million as a Senior Counsel, said Mr Goh, adding that he was asked by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to be a minister of state.

"He came to see me,” Mr Goh said. “He said, at this stage of his life, he has got a house, he has got a mother-in-law to support, a father-in-law to support, his own parents and so on, what should he do?

"So I asked him, Edwin, what were you in politics for? (He said) Here to serve. So I said you’ve got to serve, well, you know between S$2 million and perhaps half a million, later on you hopefully become a full minister, S$1 million, you have to decide which is more important."

"So Edwin told me his job in politics is to serve," Mr Goh added. "He said, 'yes, I will take on' (the job), and he felt very strongly that he could do the job."

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/goh-chok-tong-salary-not-starting-point-in-looking-for-ministers-10597576

• Praise 1

I thought GCB is largely defined by the postal code rather than the size/cost..... If Like that, a sprawling bungalow in Sembawang also can be considered GCB. 

Sorry, just trying to learn something here. 

This is far from a GCB.
Built up only 2000sft

Dairy Farm! maybe got hantoo......must tell abang Radx to check. Its rather huge for a detached and with land surrounding the house.

2000 / 6000 for detached is considered not big, Eviil bro

I thought GCB is largely defined by the postal code rather than the size/cost..... If Like that, a sprawling bungalow in Sembawang also can be considered GCB.

Sorry, just trying to learn something here.

Postal code yes and also

Minimum land size 15000sft to qualify as real GCB

2000 / 6000 for detached is considered not big, Eviil bro

Postal code yes and also

Minimum land size 15000sft to qualify as real GCB

for me it is...
↡ Advertisement