Malaysia may drop High Speed Rail project with Singapore

Wt_know

(edited)

that’s because spore want to make JE the new CBD

in europe high speed rail link city to city right into the city centre [thumbsup]

no point hsr stop at tuas and depends on the laoya mrt train from tuas to je

besides hsr in je will give a boost for local and international developer and investor to make je the 2nd cbd a reality!

tuas already has its simi plan to move the port from tanjong pagar to tuas

Frankly it is stupid to end the HSR in Jurong E (if really want to have HSR) . End it at Tuas next to check point, then no expensive digging. Build up Tuas area into a new commercial and business hub - plenty of land there, or can reclaim more.

Build cheap above ground MRT to link up to that station.

Personally I think improving the customs for the current land links first if saving time is the priority.

Tun M is absolutely right.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

that’s because spore want to make JE the new CBD

in europe high speed rail link city to city right into the city centre [thumbsup]

no point hsr stop at tuas and depends on the laoya mrt train from tuas to je

besides hsr in je will give a boost for local and international developer and investor to make je the 2nd cbd a reality!

tuas already has its simi plan to move the port from tanjong pagar to tuas

Actually stop at Tuas better. MRT link to all parts of Singapore from Tuas like Woodland cannot meh. who say take high speed train must go JE only? we don't want another tanjong pargar right? 

• Praise 1

HSR reach "city centre" is norm

make JE to another TP ... why not? it's part of de-centralisation .... must think 20-30 years down the road

seamless to reach destination and connectivity is a must for the success of HSR

Actually stop at Tuas better. MRT link to all parts of Singapore from Tuas like Woodland cannot meh. who say take high speed train must go JE only? we don't want another tanjong pargar right? 

Supersonic

make JE to another TP ... why not? it's part of de-centralisation .... must think 20-30 years down the road

If they can think 20-30 years down the road, the current problem in our MRT would not happen liao. Too bad they cannot think ahead.  [rolleyes]

• Praise 3

(edited)

current MRT saga is operational issues mainly asset replacement, maintenance, system upgrading, poor management, etc

deciding where HSR terminal is "strategic" consideration and investment (FDI) and future growth for long terms

If they can think 20-30 years down the road, the current problem in our MRT would not happen liao. Too bad they cannot think ahead.  [rolleyes]

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

I guess they are treating HSR like plane. go direct to location instead of border. But i feel Sg is different  we are a tiny dot. Tuas or JE no different but Tuas is our border. check at border before entering feel better. haha

Supersonic
(edited)

Since @kusje brought it up, I suspect the deal of the lands has something to do about Najib's debts. 

Najib only became pm in 2010.... Don't think he had already set up his "debts" then. Most likely he would have not been so bold and started off small.

I'm more concerned over what kind of keppelesque tactics were used to close the HSR deal.

Edited by Kusje

Unless we become another EU, border and customs check will always be required.

• Praise 1

HSR deal has been in discussions for a long time. Japan and China were both in contention for many years, i.e. until US DOJ started their investigation on MO1. At this juncture the open tender is meaningless when Najib announced PLA Navy will be docked at Malaysian ports and they will have China build Bandar Malaysia, ECRL, HSR .. A whole package to seal Malaysia as an ally of China. This was very apparent even China's own propaganda swing quickly toward pro-Malaysia, the closest partner in ASEAN.

is the HSR part of the china 一带一路 project? did they get the contract for building the railway or i thought it was awarded to a Japanese company?

I believe msia got subsidized (or najib has taken something) from china for building the HSR.

Supersonic

It was possible in the past when the old train station was in tanjong pagar right? Malaysia based their customs right at the train station.

But I reckon that was because the land there was considered "malaysian land".

(edited)

although not borderless but immigration check is ONCE on departure only

KL (stamp passport) to SG

SG (stamp passport) to KL

that should at least solve a lot of anxiety and waiting time assuming hourly train per timetable

but yes i agree with you ... no border is the most seamless but security [thumbsdown]

with the proliferation of terrorist attack and illegal immigrant ... no border checking is no good

Edited by Wt_know

It was possible in the past when the old train station was in tanjong pagar right? Malaysia based their customs right at the train station.

But I reckon that was because the land there was considered "malaysian land".

last time no terrorist problem so one immigration at tanjong pagar is good enough, when the train arrive at JB sentral, the officer only come on board and check everyone has a passport on hand but no proper verification and stamp.

last time no terrorist problem so one immigration at tanjong pagar is good enough, when the train arrive at JB sentral, the officer only come on board and check everyone has a passport on hand but no proper verification and stamp.

train windows cannot open so not too bad ... passengers cannot throw bags out of the train to a friend like last time. Some even do it for non contraband items for the fun of it.

Hypersonic

TDM already said to review HSR ...... likely no go or he will re-negotiate MY pay lesser SG pay more.

TDM already said to review HSR ...... likely no go or he will re-negotiate MY pay lesser SG pay more.

TDM renegotiate for “crooked bridge”? muahahaha
  • Praise 1

That's because all border control (Singapore and Malaysia) is within Tanjong Pagar.

Similarly, current KTM border control also within Woodlands Checkpoint.

(edited)

ECRL ... look at the revelation

no open tender ... contractor must be PRC

loan is from PRC ... the loan interest and repayment

money is kept abroad

GST exempt for PRC contractor

money chop chop come in go out

very obvious when ahjib kor sign the ECRL

the core “objective” is not about OBOR ...

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement