Malaysia may drop High Speed Rail project with Singapore

Wt_know

agreement signed.

so do we have leverage to bargain some things else against Malaysia?

what u have in mine  [sly]  more LSB here will be great  :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)
Now , it’s TIME to see whose balls are bigger ....

Think we need to faster make advance appts at The Hague for the next few years ahead..

Heard the cancellation clause is 500 million .. RM or SGD I’m not sure though..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Good it is severed at this early stage when nothing has been awarded yet.

I am very doubtful about this cross border HSR.

Even if it is built, one day when relations are no good it was grind to a halt at JB.

Then messy divorce negotiations which is billions of times worse than walking away now.

Thanks TDM.

I share the same sentiments. We just don’t have the critical mass to make it viable. Unless the objective is just to import to make up the mass.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

agreement signed.

so do we have leverage to bargain some things else against Malaysia?

Tun M probably will rofl over SG leverage ... Actually to sabo the contract, all they have to do is investigate and reveal some under-table deals made by ah jib (very likely, since it's ah jib we're talking about here) then the agreement becomes illegal, and void already.

I am still wondering why over here so many scholars in high places failed to predict this upset happening in our neighbour. Somehow intelligence failed. So far here silence is deafening and just indicates that there is no Plan B.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

what u have in mine [sly] more LSB here will be great :D

I mean more water supply deal!

you dirty old men.

Tun M probably will rofl over SG leverage ... Actually to sabo the contract, all they have to do is investigate and reveal some under-table deals made by ah jib (very likely, since it's ah jib we're talking about here) then the agreement becomes illegal, and void already.

I am still wondering why over here so many scholars in high places failed to predict this upset happening in our neighbour. Somehow intelligence failed. So far here silence is deafening and just indicates that there is no Plan B.

their plan B.

xiao Lee and wife make a 30min fruitless visit.

(edited)

here all think ahjib kor SURE WIN la

even the last meeting between both leaders gave a thumbs up sure win ... lol

seriously, who would thought PH will defeat BN?

Edited by Wt_know

what u have in mine [sly] more LSB here will be great :D

want more lsb also not here in singapore lah.

free border crossing for Singaporean into JB? further up or outside JB than need passport. how?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Actually government already have plan to remove many golf course in singapore. As it takes up large amount of land. Then the hsr project come just nice can remove that plot of land to build hsr.

Since Tun M said hsr will be scrapped, it actually does not hurt much due to before that already have plan to remove the golf course. So it is actually remove much eariler only. So eariler remove, eariler can go back to the drawing board to replan on what to do with that land with hsr being scrapped lor.

There could be interesting thing like theme park in jurong east, or dog friendly swimming pool and etc.

• Praise 1

want more lsb also not here in singapore lah.

free border crossing for Singaporean into JB? further up or outside JB than need passport. how?ð

Ohhhhh good idea . I like
  • Praise 5

Actually government already have plan to remove many golf course in singapore. As it takes up large amount of land. Then the hsr project come just nice can remove that plot of land to build hsr.

Since Tun M said hsr will be scrapped, it actually does not hurt much due to before that already have plan to remove the golf course. So it is actually remove much eariler only. So eariler remove, eariler can go back to the drawing board to replan on what to do with that land with hsr being scrapped lor.

There could be interesting thing like theme park in jurong east, or dog friendly swimming pool and etc.

how about those investment in tuas. the fingers. The newly built smrt depot. There are already few major projects around tuas West (custom) vicinity.
  • Praise 1

It cost about S$66 for Economy Seat and S$98 for my Business Class Seat from Kaohsiung to Taipei. Taiwan's high-speed rail is considered one of the world's most efficient and affordable HSR network.

Between Singapore and Malaysia, how much cheaper can it be? Unlikely, the price will be way higher than Taiwan's prices.

post-3198-0-76714400-1527510207_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Ohhhhh good idea . I like ð

I know is a non realistic proposal. what if we are able to shift the custom a bit further up north? No need to far just Aeon will do.

Let's say i want to go to KL for Hokkien Mee TOMORROW.

The cheapest returned ticket i found on skyscanner is SGD 221. Airasia + Jetstar.

Time needed:

Home to airport: 30mins

Waiting time: 1.5 hrs

Flight time: 45mins

KLIA to KL sentral: 1hr

Total time: 3hrs 45mins

What's HSR selling point?

Won't go missing from the air!
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Yes. Like I said earlier. There might be some keppelesque tactics used to get the deal signed.

(edited)

reading the yahoo review/comments not a single negative posted for the scrap of this HSR. Many infact thanks Dr M for the decision. I too nod my head with a warm smile.

see how high in the Ivory our PAP sitting up there now!

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 4

Students, employee, etc staying in KL or further come here can be faster than commuting from Pasir ris to Tuas.

Then it would mean there is serious lousy infra within Singapore!

(edited)

Wonder if our side will absorb more of the construction cost to make the hsr a reality?

Will nvr know what Dr M can be up to...

Edited by WangWang888
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Let's say i want to go to KL for Hokkien Mee TOMORROW.

The cheapest returned ticket i found on skyscanner is SGD 221. Airasia + Jetstar.

Time needed:

Home to airport: 30mins

Waiting time: 1.5 hrs

Flight time: 45mins

KLIA to KL sentral: 1hr

Total time: 3hrs 45mins

What's HSR selling point?

HSR:

Home to HSR station: 30mins

Travel Time: 90mins

KL HSR station to KL sentral: 30mins (assume)

Total time: 2.5hrs

Cost: i assume $150...

↡ Advertisement