What Did You Makan Today Part 4

BabyBlade

Supersonic

Dinner at chin Lee after wanting to try it for so long. Mum's birthday.

7.5/10. Very value for money. Simple dishes. Not too heavy still, more teochew. Maybe not every dish is hotel restaurant level but then it's not at that price point.

Food one notch above fragrant garden. But didn't try their steamed pomfret, duck and orh luak. Latter 2 not available.

Gelatin pork. It has less gelatin cf putien and fragant garden version. Not my kinda thing but not bad.

Cold platter. Hae zhor good and prawn popiah interesting.

Tofu with mushroom, ordered for kids.

Sea cucumber. My mother wanted to try. Good. For 25 dollars for small, I thought it was excellent value. Would easily cost 2-3x more in a peach garden equivalent.

Coffee ribs. Some of us liked it but my mum and sis thought taste too strong

Oat prawns. Good. Not too greasy

Teochew kuay teow. Strong wok hei. My mother and wife don't like it. Haha taste burnt to them. But the two of them have a strong sense of smell.

No pict of the orh née. But the best I've eaten in Sg. Not too sweet and the 白果 balances the sweetness perfectly.

I ate quite a lot. I would be feeling sick if it wasn't for teochew food.

Most satisfying meal I had in Sg for a while.

Went there ate a few times since it's near relative house.

Yes, they are famous for their orh nis.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Homemade bacon from my friends.

Homemade waffles from me.

BREAKFAST!

Wow, how your friend made the bacon, our weather so humid. Can't keep the meat dry.

Supersonic

This is probably the simplest meal I've seen featured by your helper. Maybe she's sick? Haha

Haha. Simple meal for the adults cuz she wanted to make something else for the kids, something the kids really like

post-17237-0-71799900-1527639356_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 16

Dinner at chin Lee after wanting to try it for so long. Mum's birthday.

7.5/10. Very value for money. Simple dishes. Not too heavy still, more teochew. Maybe not every dish is hotel restaurant level but then it's not at that price point.

Food one notch above fragrant garden. But didn't try their steamed pomfret, duck and orh luak. Latter 2 not available.

Gelatin pork. It has less gelatin cf putien and fragant garden version. Not my kinda thing but not bad.

Cold platter. Hae zhor good and prawn popiah interesting.

Tofu with mushroom, ordered for kids.

Sea cucumber. My mother wanted to try. Good. For 25 dollars for small, I thought it was excellent value. Would easily cost 2-3x more in a peach garden equivalent.

Coffee ribs. Some of us liked it but my mum and sis thought taste too strong

Oat prawns. Good. Not too greasy

Teochew kuay teow. Strong wok hei. My mother and wife don't like it. Haha taste burnt to them. But the two of them have a strong sense of smell.

No pict of the orh née. But the best I've eaten in Sg. Not too sweet and the 白果 balances the sweetness perfectly.

I ate quite a lot. I would be feeling sick if it wasn't for teochew food.

Most satisfying meal I had in Sg for a while.

You should try the orh nee at Hua Yu Wee then. Personally, I find the orh nee there nicer than Chin Lee.

Always go Hua Yu Wee to dabao the orh nee cos that restaurant always full house on weekends... so I just dabao and go. No need find parking.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

You should try the orh nee at Hua Yu Wee then. Personally, I find the orh nee there nicer than Chin Lee.

Always go Hua Yu Wee to dabao the orh nee cos that restaurant always full house on weekends... so I just dabao and go. No need find parking.

Thanks. I'm not much of an east boy though lol.

Dinner at Quench! Bistro & Bar (Orto) ytd before going prawning! Had this fish and chips for 9.90, quite nice and very worth it  [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]

post-156882-0-24444200-1527674315_thumb.jpg

• Praise 22