Fibre broadband

Discoburg

I don't have fibre.

Starhub cable is fine for my needs.

But I use Home plugs for room to room coverage.

Simple to set up and no problems.

Can't you use them with fibre???

If I ever upgrade to fibre, which will only be if Starhub discontinues cable BB. then I'd use Home plugs for room to room coverage.

Starhub contractor suppose to come to check if the trunking can be used for the new data lan cable.

The contractor say no problem can even squeeze in 2 line if i want, I ask them if they can remove the coax cables but they dun dare to remove it. Apparently the contractor still differentiate starhub and the old SCV, he keep saying the the coax cable belongs to SCV so he can only lay the data cable using the same trunking, job done in 20min and left.

I didn't commit to re-contract and they already have the data point done  [laugh]  [laugh]

Oh btw the guy told me about 50% of the island already on fiber, and the old coax cable will be phase out by end of the year or next year, not sure how true.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

M1 shares notndoing well as I like it to be

Should I hold or should I release?

share with me lah !

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Starhub contractor suppose to come to check if the trunking can be used for the new data lan cable.

The contractor say no problem can even squeeze in 2 line if i want, I ask them if they can remove the coax cables but they dun dare to remove it. Apparently the contractor still differentiate starhub and the old SCV, he keep saying the the coax cable belongs to SCV so he can only lay the data cable using the same trunking, job done in 20min and left.

I didn't commit to re-contract and they already have the data point done  [laugh]  [laugh]

Oh btw the guy told me about 50% of the island already on fiber, and the old coax cable will be phase out by end of the year or next year, not sure how true.

Thanks for that.

Did the contractor charge you for running the new data lan cables which I presume are for fiber???

And did they do the data point for you which again I presume is for fiber???

Thanks for that.

Did the contractor charge you for running the new data lan cables which I presume are for fiber???

And did they do the data point for you which again I presume is for fiber???

No charge for running the 2nd fiber data lan (free for certain length which i can't remember), main one has to be less than 2m away from ONT point.

Can call their sales hotline for more detail.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

M1 shares notndoing well as I like it to be

Should I hold or should I release?

You go become M1 CEO and DIY the share prices problems. Edited by DACH

(edited)

You go become M1 CEO and DIY the share prices problems. ð

Wah piangz! If I so satki, I drive g class liao loh :XD: Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 1

after recontract with 1Gbps and linksys router, the wifi speed i get is quite slow although detected speed is 800mbps+, actual speed test is almost the same as when i was on 300Mbps plan.

i understand my ipad mini (1st gen) and iMac (2009) has its limitation (iMac can't even detect 5Ghz network). Could it be the setting on the router or the devices, or the position of the router?  

Not really bother me since i pay the same price as before and the speed very minimum slight better than before  [laugh]

Twincharged

after recontract with 1Gbps and linksys router, the wifi speed i get is quite slow although detected speed is 800mbps+, actual speed test is almost the same as when i was on 300Mbps plan.

i understand my ipad mini (1st gen) and iMac (2009) has its limitation (iMac can't even detect 5Ghz network). Could it be the setting on the router or the devices, or the position of the router?  

Not really bother me since i pay the same price as before and the speed very minimum slight better than before  [laugh]

actually a lot of devices cannot detect 5ghz ... all my ipcams cannot detect 5ghz.

and i think all these speed detecting website all buay zhun one ...

per my previous captures, my d/l speed only about 200 mbps on my 1gbps plan ... but i can d/l a 2gb file very fast.

• Praise 1

after recontract with 1Gbps and linksys router, the wifi speed i get is quite slow although detected speed is 800mbps+, actual speed test is almost the same as when i was on 300Mbps plan.

Not really bother me since i pay the same price as before and the speed very minimum slight better than before [laugh]

Even iPhone x, the best I could hit is 150mbps.

It is limitation of router.

If you use Ethernet port, the speed is close to 1gbps.

It is strange that 5Ghz cannot be detected

Even iPhone x, the best I could hit is 150mbps.

It is limitation of router.

If you use Ethernet port, the speed is close to 1gbps.

It is strange that 5Ghz cannot be detected

really that bad!  my ipad get around 100mbps, and iMac around 200-300mbps, but Android phone can get around 600mbps though.

old devices cannot detect 1Gbps 5Ghz network but were able to connect to the 300mbps 5Ghz network, dun understand why   [confused]

actually a lot of devices cannot detect 5ghz ... all my ipcams cannot detect 5ghz.

and i think all these speed detecting website all buay zhun one ...

per my previous captures, my d/l speed only about 200 mbps on my 1gbps plan ... but i can d/l a 2gb file very fast.

I never save on my router because that is usually the bottleneck for whatever internet connectivity you are paying the telcos for.

Have been using this  Asus RT-AC88U since launch and it has served me well  for all my surfing and wifi streaming needs in the house.

https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RT-AC88U/

Adaptive-QoS-prioritize-your-game.png

100-working-for-asus-RT-AC88U-Wireless-D

It has built in Link Aggregation trunking which I connect to my managed switch and on to my NAS for 2Gbps throughput

i5_101515.jpg

all said....people who knows me will know that I usually over-spec my tech purchase and setup....LOL...it's always a want rather than a need.

really that bad!  my ipad get around 100mbps, and iMac around 200-300mbps, but Android phone can get around 600mbps though.

old devices cannot detect 1Gbps 5Ghz network but were able to connect to the 300mbps 5Ghz network, dun understand why   [confused]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

my handphones can detect 5mhz but the connection is not stable ... so I just stick to the 2.4mhz instead.

I guess, that's just one of the aces hidden up the manufacturers' sleeves to push out one upgraded standard in the near future to squeeze more money out of the consumers ... maybe they will call it "Wireless 5.1 ?"

really that bad! my ipad get around 100mbps, and iMac around 200-300mbps, but Android phone can get around 600mbps though.

old devices cannot detect 1Gbps 5Ghz network but were able to connect to the 300mbps 5Ghz network, dun understand why [confused]

I use Linksys router from Starhub.

Both 2.4 and 5 also stable

Twincharged

Really hate to fall on to your router without wearing pants, sure tear beyond repair

I never save on my router because that is usually the bottleneck for whatever internet connectivity you are paying the telcos for.

Have been using this  Asus RT-AC88U since launch and it has served me well  for all my surfing and wifi streaming needs in the house.

https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RT-AC88U/

Adaptive-QoS-prioritize-your-game.png

100-working-for-asus-RT-AC88U-Wireless-D

It has built in Link Aggregation trunking which I connect to my managed switch and on to my NAS for 2Gbps throughput

i5_101515.jpg

all said....people who knows me will know that I usually over-spec my tech purchase and setup....LOL...it's always a want rather than a need.

• Praise 1

You sure have some weird fetish to be walking pantless around a router.....  :D

Really hate to fall on to your router without wearing pants, sure tear beyond repair

Twincharged

You sure have some weird fetish to be walking pantless around a router..... :D

I know otherwise how to appear genuine when visiting you.

By the way waiting for your excellent DIY project for a very very long time

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/starhub-to-stop-cable-services-from-july-next-year

Q: What is needed to set up fibre service?

A: Customers need a termination Point (TP) installed in their homes. Those without a TP can check if their addresses are ready for fibre services by entering their postal code at http://www.netlinktrust.com/

If the customers’ address is eligible, StarHub technicians will take care of the installation and activation of fibre services.

Charges will be waived for the installation of the first TP and the optical network terminal for eligible customers.
↡ Advertisement