Metallic tapping sound after replacing 4-1 extractor

I have just changed my factory extractor to 4-1 extractor. after changing I dont find any significant difference in engine power. However the engine noise is louder with metallic tapping sound when I rev pass 100km/h. Is this normal and what does the metallic tapping sound indicate? I have just changed my catalytic conver as well but retain factory pipes. Muffler was changed last year due to leakage issue.

↡ Advertisement

What kind of high performance car require an extractor mod that did not result in any performance gain and yet introduce weird noises....

:blink:

@vratenza the weird noise is indeed annoying! planning to change back to factory extractor. Im a car mod newbie here planning to increase hp. it's a kia rio cinco. Any opinions on increasing power that really works?

@vratenza the weird noise is indeed annoying! planning to change back to factory extractor. Im a car mod newbie here planning to increase hp. it's a kia rio cinco. Any opinions on increasing power that really works?

Save $$$$.

Buy Stinger GT

I have just changed my factory extractor to 4-1 extractor. after changing I dont find any significant difference in engine power. However the engine noise is louder with metallic tapping sound when I rev pass 100km/h. Is this normal and what does the metallic tapping sound indicate? I have just changed my catalytic conver as well but retain factory pipes. Muffler was changed last year due to leakage issue.

Should be engine knock. Can say bye bye to your engine.

↡ Advertisement