Rant..... Pointless Leave

Extremme

Twincharged

Have you guys reach a point where sometimes u feel taking leave is wasting your life away? More for people who has family (kids) where your life evolves around them. When you take leave and your wife did not take and you have to clear leave. Your good friends all have their own families and work so it's really yourself on your leave days. Pretty depressing... Rotting away at home and not travelling.

do what you want to do while you are able and young

dont put off until you retire because you and i dont know if we will be able to wake up tomorrow

it need not be traveling

there is so much to do and so little time

you could learn something like playing the guitar

if you are adventurous you can travel around in Singapore places like Geylang or even Pertain Road. Do interview and you may just meet some MCF members there and can exchange notes, there you go new friends

you only rot because you let it rot

you are the only one who can control your life and nobody else

if cant sleep PM staff69, he got lobang for your night life, he always get invited to places happening like zouk

want to learn cooking and bake bread look for carbon

want to be sweet talk look for Tianmo

want to slap some one  just page blacky Radx

want to see nice legs cryst

want to spend your time look see look see  property and learn something Merc

want to rub shoulders with MO1 talk to Jamesc

want to eat escargot look for DACH

want to know more chio nurses look for Philpkee

want to haolian look for T2 

already give you so many hints ..... how can you claim you will be bored

you need to help yourself

goodnight

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17

Supersonic

When younger, taking leave if not for travelling and just rot at home really feel like wasting my life. But when get older, taking leave rotting at home and wasting my life is something i dont mind to do.  [:p]

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Have you guys reach a point where sometimes u feel taking leave is wasting your life away? More for people who has family (kids) where your life evolves around them. When you take leave and your wife did not take and you have to clear leave. Your good friends all have their own families and work so it's really yourself on your leave days. Pretty depressing... Rotting away at home and not travelling.

Just in case

https://www.sos.org.sg

1800-2214444

• Praise 2

Hehe sports? :blink:

Hehe

Actually I got tons of things to do during leave

So much that I don’t have enough time

Tons of diy and repairs to do

House repairs, cleaning, new diy projects like solar, self massage

These I already peng san already

I don’t enough have time to vacuum my truck!

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Hehe

So many DIY ah?! And so busy sia!  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

What sports you do during your leave ah?

Hearsay Mustank is very sporty and very hip so he likes to hop. Also hearsay he likes to Lorong hop at Geylang when he’s on leave. Tio boh hip-hop Mustank ?

:XD:

Hehe

• Praise 3

Supersonic

want to eat escargot look for DACH

Hello...

I don't eat escargot, but if eat cai peng, I can give advice.  [lipsrsealed]

However on a serious note to TS, if you feel bored at home and do not want to go overseas, maybe I can suggest something.

Learn some cooking, and cook for yourself some lunch when you are on leave. 

Can try cooking some western food. Since it is for yourself, no need to cook too big portions.  :secret-laugh:

And you can also cook for your family dinner so they can have a nice dinner when they come back from school and work. 

Since you only take a few days of leave, it will be quite interesting to plan what to cook everyday and go to the nearest market to buy the food. It's also more fun since you only cook for these few days and not 365 days a year.  [laugh]

take leave then drive around aimlessly to show u is car-lover

Yes, I actually did that when I was on leave. Drive around Singapore to explore. [drivingcar]  No need to drive with the peak hour traffic. Then evening drive to somewhere near the sea and watch sunset sitting on the car.  :a-dinner:  [inlove]  

• Praise 2

How will your company react if you tell them that you will just forfeit the leave and continue working?

With married couples, I find that the point about you clearing yet your wife not taking leave means that the couple really needs to communicate more effectively.

Double income family, the husband and wife should have planned their leave and holidays 1 year ahead so that leave dates can coincide. You know how much leave you are entitled and carried over, why not plan earlier? Why wait till it is going to be forfeited then you are forced to clear the leave?

Food for thought.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

i have reached the point of life where i feel working is wasting my life away, and leave or weekend is when i am living my life and not selling my lifespan to a faceless organization. 

is my point before or after the point when taking leave feel like wasting life away?

I share the same sentiments with you on this.

Leave is so precious that you wish you can have more from the company (not the no pay leave). 

• Praise 1

I have a fren whom has reached a point in life that he told his boss that he needs no more pay increment but more annual leaves citing aging parents...he uses the extras to jio drinking buddies instead.

• Praise 7

(edited)

Hehe, if only I could switch with you.

My work days and on leave days all busy like crazy. My wife would pre-book half of my leave in advance.

I wish for the time to smell the roses and work that guitar or catch up on some old shows I like, or just sleep the day away, or exercise. Being alone is marvellous. With friends also great.

Do watch out as you might have some kind of depression. Pick up a skill or hobby.

Weekdays all say not free sigh... After work means family commitment
That's why I am too free till come up with such bo liao thread lolxx

Edited by Showster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5