• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 102 praises

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

Ironstarz
  • Ironstarz
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I’m in the midst of comparing a couple of cars for my next drive . Currently I’m looking at 2014 Harrier VS 2014 IS300h

Understand that one is SUV another is sedan which is not my main issue , the thing that I’m thinking about is the reliability of each drive down the road if possible I would want to extend the COE when time come .

Which is a better choice ?

2 Anonymous members praised this
Talk is cheap

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I would go for Harrier cos non Hybrid.
Uncle2 praised this
focus

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

Ironstarz
  • Ironstarz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I would go for Harrier cos non Hybrid.

I did consider about the hybrid portion . First 10 year under warranty . Subsequent replacement outside at Hevshop will cost about 3.5k . Not sure is the fuel saving would be worth it.
Talk is cheap

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Char
  • Char
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I will go for cheapest one

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:06 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is a toyota road show at suntec city when I had dinner there.

Coming from someone that just viewed a sorento in the morning, the harrier build quality really fall short of the Korean, right from the moment the door is opened.

The kia feels much more substantial and better put together.

My frank opinion and no offence to harrier owner.

Edited by Hamburger, 16 June 2018 - 10:06 PM.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:28 PM

jjandyy
  • jjandyy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Opss...am sure some Toyota fanboys will retaliate.......
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

mistergoh
  • mistergoh
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Is300 is pretty small and cramp at the back. Do u foresee u will need to ferry kids or parents over the next 10 yrs, esp when u are thinking of Coe renewal?
Both are equally good and definitely reliable. Go harrier if you have family expansion, otherwise 300 is good but hybrid battery cost quite a bomb (not sure why yours was quoted so low)
s2000
FD2R
IS250
W212

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:46 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is a toyota road show at suntec city when I had dinner there.

Coming from someone that just viewed a sorento in the morning, the harrier build quality really fall short of the Korean, right from the moment the door is opened.

The kia feels much more substantial and better put together.

My frank opinion and no offence to harrier owner.

True kia has better build that my harrier. I bought harrier for reliability and also look (personal preference).

I did consider about the hybrid portion . First 10 year under warranty . Subsequent replacement outside at Hevshop will cost about 3.5k . Not sure is the fuel saving would be worth it.

I tell u harrier fc ard 11-13km/l based on my daily driving 60% highway. I dont think is300h is any better than that. IS300h has more power and brand also better. But downside i believe higher dep, more ex to maintain and after 10 yrs battery issue including battery converter thats not cheap. Please check with hevshop whether thats only batt or include the converter.

Space wise IS300h too small ald and harrier has decent boot space.
If i were u if budget allow i would get the facelift harrier from borneo, got turbo, more power and also 2014 harrier batch might have torque converter issue
Hamburger, Ironstarz, andrewyewkc and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

uniquely_ad
  • Premium member
    uniquely_ad
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Go for harrier if u haven’t try SUV before. I agree the is300 back seat sucks.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

Selanking
  • Selanking
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

TS may want something fun, is300h is rear wheel drive

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

Ironstarz
  • Ironstarz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Is300 is pretty small and cramp at the back. Do u foresee u will need to ferry kids or parents over the next 10 yrs, esp when u are thinking of Coe renewal?
Both are equally good and definitely reliable. Go harrier if you have family expansion, otherwise 300 is good but hybrid battery cost quite a bomb (not sure why yours was quoted so low)

I haven really took a look at the rear of IS300, I did heard complains on the is250 tho. Will go check it out thanks .

Hybrid battery from original AD will cost a bomb , but original Lexus battery from outside workshop is a fraction

True kia has better build that my harrier. I bought harrier for reliability and also look (personal preference).
I tell u harrier fc ard 11-13km/l based on my daily driving 60% highway. I dont think is300h is any better than that. IS300h has more power and brand also better. But downside i believe higher dep, more ex to maintain and after 10 yrs battery issue including battery converter thats not cheap. Please check with hevshop whether thats only batt or include the converter.

Space wise IS300h too small ald and harrier has decent boot space.
If i were u if budget allow i would get the facelift harrier from borneo, got turbo, more power and also 2014 harrier batch might have torque converter issue

11-13 for an SUV is pretty decent !
Talk is cheap

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:09 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Original Lexus hybrid battery may be cheaper than BM but have you asked about any workshop having the expertise and experience to handle a hybrid system repair? Even if you can find one, the workmanship is not going to be cheap.

The hybrid car is not just about the battery. It is a full system with the independent front and rear electrical.motors, control modules and computers, ventilation system etc. Any of these can fail within the 10yrs.

When I sold off my 8+Yr old lexus gs hybrid, I heaved a sigh of relief because I no longer goes to bed worrying if any of the above mentioned parts will fail on me before I am ready to change car. 

I haven really took a look at the rear of IS300, I did heard complains on the is250 tho. Will go check it out thanks .

Hybrid battery from original AD will cost a bomb , but original Lexus battery from outside workshop is a fraction
11-13 for an SUV is pretty decent !

andrewyewkc praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:50 AM

Qaz20
  • Premium member
    Qaz20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I believe toyota has one of the most reliable hybrids. And as hybrid gets more common, there's alternative repair sources out there.

IS300h really saves fuel. You can easily get 15-16km/L. And more if you are the gentle type.
All voice down to your preference, if you are high mileage user, then hybrid is the way to go, else, go with non hybrid.

For me, i buy the car i like, reason being you feel differently when you are driving something that you like.

For road holding, handling, cornering, high speed stability, IS is a better choice.
mistergoh and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

Fudanjx
  • Fudanjx
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

harrier more practical. IS300h better brand badge, good reliability but more exp to maintain 

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Harrier ftw!
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Original Lexus hybrid battery may be cheaper than BM but have you asked about any workshop having the expertise and experience to handle a hybrid system repair? Even if you can find one, the workmanship is not going to be cheap.

The hybrid car is not just about the battery. It is a full system with the independent front and rear electrical.motors, control modules and computers, ventilation system etc. Any of these can fail within the 10yrs.

When I sold off my 8+Yr old lexus gs hybrid, I heaved a sigh of relief because I no longer goes to bed worrying if any of the above mentioned parts will fail on me before I am ready to change car.

the fact that the car hasn't fail you is a sign of reliability isn't it?

im same side as you. refused to buy hybrid... some more i bought from PI...

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Harrier ftw!

You drive hybrid, why don't recommend hybrid?
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nope.

4th year of life, the power control PCB chip and associated electronics failed. The system was repaired along with hybrid battery replacement under the 3+2yr warranty by BM. 

I drove the remaining 3+yrs in anxiety u till it was sold. 

Good luck! 

the fact that the car hasn't fail you is a sign of reliability isn't it?

im same side as you. refused to buy hybrid... some more i bought from PI...

Privacy praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You drive hybrid, why don't recommend hybrid?

read Vratenza's posts. reliability of the hybrid system and need to change hybrid batt beyond 10 years is a question mark since TS may look to renew COE.
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nope.

4th year of life, the power control PCB chip and associated electronics failed. The system was repaired along with hybrid battery replacement under the 3+2yr warranty by BM.

I drove the remaining 3+yrs in anxiety u till it was sold.

Good luck!

i bought a petrol noah instead of hybrid despite about same price... haha...

i prefer to use less luck when it comes to cars

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, harrier lexus car and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users