Environmental friendly or over done?

Jman888

Not to the extremes of annihilation. That is the easy way out and don't solve the problems humanely.

It's more of long term planning and moving on to a controlled population growth management.

We may now save half the forests due to saving on usage, but what's the point if the population surges by another 50% that needed to use the half of the forest that we saved? In the end, we done nothing with no forest left because population keeps increasing.

Hmm.. Not sure abt human population.. But our garment definitely controlling our vehicle population..
  • Praise 4

i try to forgo, but sometimes forget to tell them.

Already at the bottom of the plastic bag liao then too troublesome to dig out [dead]

happened on many occasions..My wife pretty stubborn type. She would hold up the queue dig up and return the disposable utensils. she always make use the opportunity to teach my son. As for me..I blushes and stand one side.
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

Hmm.. Not sure abt human population.. But our garment definitely controlling our vehicle population..

And we should start controlling their numbers in the Parliament too, with too many redundant positions and people sleeping in the Parliament sessions.

Waste of resources.

happened on many occasions..My wife pretty stubborn type. She would hold up the queue dig up and return the disposable utensils. she always make use the opportunity to teach my son. As for me..I blushes and stand one side.

I think home delivery should forgo these plastic cutlery too.

If eat at home, still need their utensils?

• Praise 1

I think home delivery should forgo these plastic cutlery too.

If eat at home, still need their utensils?

there is an option before you order if you wish to include those cutlery or not.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Meet the startup creating edible straws to help save our oceans

Weâre becoming ever more aware that straws are the environmental devil.

Yes, they can help protect your teeth against Coke and coffee, and theyâre also a Godsend when it comes to keeping lipstick in tact.

But straws are littering our oceans like no oneâs business.

Theyâre just hideously non-biodegradable.

One startup, however, has come up with the perfect solution to the moral conundrum: edible straws.

Loliware is currently in process of developing biodegradable straws which can be eaten after use or composted.

âWeâre providing [the consumer] a solution to the plastic straw crisis while also giving them a fun experience on top of that. Itâs not about the consumer sacrificing anymore, itâs about the consumer having fun and being sustainable at the same time,â co-founder Chelsea Briganti tells Fast Company.

Theyâre made out of seaweed-based materials and they have a shelf live of two years. If you leave them in liquid, however, theyâll dissolve in 24 hours.

âSeaweed is a renewable resource that does not require land resources and actually absorbs CO2, which is why a seaweed-based product has an environmental advantage. Many bioplastics are made from GMO crops like corn,â Loliware says on its webpage.

And theyâre flavoured to add a little something extra to your drink, including caramel, mango and chocolate.

In the US, 500 million straws are used and discarded every day, with experts predicting that thereâll be more plastic than fish by 2050.

âOur goal is to replace plastic straws used at high-waste venues, such as stadiums, fast casual restaurants, and of course â coffee shops!â

Suddenly, the future is looking a whole lot greener

Great innovative idea.

Supersonic

Well, can start getting a electric car, since more and more charging ports are installing around Singapore in the coming years.

• Praise 2

Got this stainless steel straw as a free gift when I bought a keep warm tumbler from taobao..... Still thinking how to wash the straw after each use... Rifle cleaning kit? 

:D

post-24957-0-27153800-1529470347_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

there's biodegradeable plates u can buy for house parties or bbq etc, but it costs like significantly more.

Supersonic

Have you considered the footprint of the electric car? From the mining of the lithium for the battery to the generation of the electricity.

As far as green cars technology has advanced, fuel cells are the best green alternative for ICEs for now.

Toyota is looking into hydrogen fuel. Let's hope it will be more cost efficient, safe and green in the coming decade, viable enough to gradually answer ICE alternative.

Else fuel cell technology could further advance with greener processing and with longer lifespans that decreases disposal rates.

Actually we should even look at the footprint of smartphone these days. It's usage is even wider than electric cars and people are changing phones like, every year and some people having more than one phone.

When the world runs out of oil, that's when the environment vs plastic issue will be put to rest.

Alberta oil sands has a huge amount in reserve. It's just that current prices aren't making it very profitable to extract. And also energy intensive. 1 barrel of oil to produce 2.

Fracking is likely to give us another source.

Supersonic

Alberta oil sands has a huge amount in reserve. It's just that current prices aren't making it very profitable to extract. And also energy intensive. 1 barrel of oil to produce 2.

Fracking is likely to give us another source.

Actually whatever sources available now, it's bound to run dry one day, just a matter of time and how much we are prepared for it.

Twincharged

Actually we should even look at the footprint of smartphone these days. It's usage is even wider than electric cars and people are changing phones like, every year and some people having more than one phone.

guilty.

but I two years change one time.

Metal straw?

Don't do it.

Its dangerous.

:D

http://1000waystodie.wikia.com/wiki/Hillary_Snuffed

yah man ... I see the pic I also scared ...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Great innovative idea.

but its not going to happen anytime soon ... against "cost" is the culprit.

the world is so contradicting again ... want us to help save it ... but come at a cost where ppl don't want to pay. its not only about inconvenience but real money !!

I don't mind driving a hybrid car ... but its going to cost me about 8k more than the petrol variant.

I don't mind using invertor tech electricals at home ... but damn ... its going to cost me a few Ks more to replace my stuffs.

so its not we don't want to save the earth ... but enterprises are not making it easy for us to do so.

** saying "don't use" is an extreme liow ....

Actually whatever sources available now, it's bound to run dry one day, just a matter of time and how much we are prepared for it.

conventional sources may last for many years still, definitely after we are dead. Renewable energy from wind and solar already has some potential.

Fusion is many many years away.

Best hope is that we can find a way to make paper or other materials replace cheap plastics at a near comparable cost. Rather than just dumping it into ground/sea.

Recycling etc is a complex issue.

↡ Advertisement