Inflated insurance claim; What to do?

wlalala

You don't have to do anything, let your insurance co settle. If they don't accept the claim from the other party, they'll go to court to settle. Wait for your insurance co to inform you what's the final claim amount, but of course if you can provide them with photos and video evidence that the damage is not to the extend that the claim will go up to 10K, just write to your insurance co with the information and tell them the claim amount is ridiculous and they should challenge the other party.

in my case, i reported to my insurance and also cliam my own repair. as far as claims are concerned, my insurance has to settle, that is why i have insurance. 

what i don't like is the amount inflated although i need no pay. it is not beneficial to consumers but just these crooks. the repair at most is $1-2k even if respray to whole section. I woukd have settled it there and then by paying him $400 as per his request. this is terrible and the only way insurance companies are tolerating this is better they are able to charge high premiums. 

↡ Advertisement

I ever had a case where tow truck say send to their workshop, 100% can claim. Then after repairing, claim rejected by the other party’s insurance.

End up workshop has to claim against me. Went up to their law firm to meet with lawyer n workshop lady boss.

Workshop lady boss said we pay $2k n close the case. I ask her how much she put up the claim to the other party’s insurance. She said $14,000! I then say, of cos lah, u inflat so high, insurance sure reject! Her lawyer then cut in... by saying... “workshop can claim high amount, is their capability”....

That is my point. Government knows how to impose we need vehicle inspections and appoint inspection centre to collect fees. Come to accident, they close their eyes.

Can't they appoint these centre to report all accidents and do an initial assessment? Of course if these centre inflated anything, they lose their licence to operate lor.

A $400 claim surely cannot be $10K even with a layman inspection done. 

That is my point. Government knows how to impose we need vehicle inspections and appoint inspection centre to collect fees. Come to accident, they close their eyes.

Can't they appoint these centre to report all accidents and do an initial assessment? Of course if these centre inflated anything, they lose their licence to operate lor.

What's the point?

There is existing insurance surveyor to do the job.

A lot of time, we don't see the problem deep enough

What's the point?

There is existing insurance surveyor to do the job.

A lot of time, we don't see the problem deep enough

The big problem is these surveyor are not licenced and they just there to 'close the file' for the insurance company. How could a $400 claim be $10K for example. If it is done at the inspection centre, then the story is different. losing the licence cost more than the share of the $10K inflated profit. 

To understand insurance, you need people within to explain. Claims are being 'negotiated' between companies and whatever 'losses' are passed back to consumers.  [bigcry]

Many years ago, Independent Damage Assessment Centres (IDAC) were set up for accident claims. All insurers took part initially but one-by-one drop out due to different reasons.

Even got such inspection centres, there could still be hanky-panky as long as kickbacks are given. 

End of the day, Govt is advocating lesser cars & promoting public transport, so no real incentive to "help" car owners sort such repair cost issues.

Many years ago, Independent Damage Assessment Centres (IDAC) were set up for accident claims. All insurers took part initially but one-by-one drop out due to different reasons.

Even got such inspection centres, there could still be hanky-panky as long as kickbacks are given. 

End of the day, Govt is advocating lesser cars & promoting public transport, so no real incentive to "help" car owners sort such repair cost issues.

That is the point. Who are the people rejecting these IDAC and stand to lose out? Why aren't the LTA taking a active role? More importantly, are these inflated claims good for our economy and add value? 

That is the point. Who are the people rejecting these IDAC and stand to lose out? Why aren't the LTA taking a active role? More importantly, are these inflated claims good for our economy and add value?

LTA will ask you back, why you cause an accident?

Why every thing also gov has to come in and have a say? What time you sleep and wake up also must gov control? No wonder overseas ppl view as sheeps, need to follow orders/leader. Otherwise we unable to function properly.

Why every thing also gov has to come in and have a say? What time you sleep and wake up also must gov control? No wonder overseas ppl view as sheeps, need to follow orders/leader. Otherwise we unable to function properly.

so why worry about ah long, they are also in banking business you know 

so why worry about ah long, they are also in banking business you know

Ah long runners threaten lives, creating mishief and damaging public property.

Why you cause the accident?

Ah long runners threaten lives, creating mishief and damaging public property.

Why you cause the accident?

Somehow you feel that when an accident happen, both drivers are the culprits? insurance claims could also be damages cause by fallen tree brenches.

So Ah Long is bad and falsifying claims are ok? interesting 

The big problem is these surveyor are not licenced and they just there to 'close the file' for the insurance company. How could a $400 claim be $10K for example. If it is done at the inspection centre, then the story is different. losing the licence cost more than the share of the $10K inflated profit.

To understand insurance, you need people within to explain. Claims are being 'negotiated' between companies and whatever 'losses' are passed back to consumers. [bigcry]

Who submitted 10k claims?

Who said it is $400 claims?

Your facts sibei luan.

Sibei sai also want govt to regulate. Sibei useless le.

Somehow you feel that when an accident happen, both drivers are the culprits? insurance claims could also be damages cause by fallen tree brenches.

So Ah Long is bad and falsifying claims are ok? interesting

Fallen tree is claim own damage.

How you know is falsifying claims? Inflated claims and falsifying claims is different leh. If you got evidence of the falsification, go and report police lah. It is a criminal case, nothing to do with LTA.

Fine line between false claims and inflated claims. Bumper cracked, one guy can do for $200, another guy do for $400. Both can be right.

But if one guy do $300 and replace front headlight, then that is false claim.

I have sympathy for Victor68.

This car insurance claim etc is like the wild west.

Anything seems to go.

There are things in Singapore that if you leave to the free market then things get out of hand.

Need regulation which can only come through gov.

• Praise 1

Anything seems to go.

There are things in Singapore that if you leave to the free market then things get out of hand.

Need enforcement not regulations.

Anything seems to go.

I disagree with gov stepping in, especially LTA. GIA should be the one who regulate this. You want to be like MY? Every accident must report polis and kena fine $300 no matter who is right? This is a private matter. If u disagree with the claims, then dispute it.

The main thing is try not to get into an accident. And he still refuse to divulge how the accident happened and what damage and what type of car is involved. How determine whether the claims are justifiable? If the other party go back AD or have special figment then how? Only his one sided account and want gov to come in. To me is absolute unjustifiable.

↡ Advertisement