Fun check: Earliest event you could remember in your life

Heartlander

Since young till now, my earliest memory had always been somewhere when I was 3 to 4 years old.

My family used to live in a kampong when I was very young, rearing chicken, ducks, and pigs, and we lived in a wooden house with zinc roof. Back then, the worse thing I could remember was pythons that could swallow livestocks and bigger animals, and I still remember hearing commotion in the middle of the nights when pythons were spotted in the coops feasting on our livelihood, and fearing when would be my turn. I remembered one afternoon when I woke up from napping to finding nobody in the house, when normally my mum would be. It was hysterical moments as I cried and cried fearing the worst, even when my mum showed up moments later as she was tending to something in neighbour's house nearby. The memory and fear was so vivid that I could remember till this day, and I was around 3 to 4 years old then.

But all along since young I have been having a weird and unique recollection of certain event. The setting was again in some sort of kampong village. And I remember myself naked, and minding my business, not sure what it was though. All around me, the people were reacting normally, not taken aback by my condition. But I would feel so shameful that I would cringe at the thought. I do not know why, but this memory would keep flashing in the dreams and some idle thoughts, not knowing why it happened that I would be naked and nobody reacting to it. I had even saw an online article recently about an old man who like to roam his kampong naked on a bicycle, and keep thinking am I that kuku bird haha.

Then only recently it occurred to me that it must be my brain trying to remember some distant memory when I was very young and trying to make sense of them. Well that naked person is real, and me when I was really young I believe. No wonder nobody gave a hoot because it is normal for a baby to be naked those days. And I was really glad that this mystery had finally been solved. Really happy to be frank, as it sort of proves my sanity haha.

Ok I hope I had not bored anyone with this little sharing about myself (Not young anymore, by the way). Do feel free to share what you remember as the earliest event you could still remember. If you have nothing to contribute but just had a laugh reading it, I am also happy with it, as this is really a weird topic to start with. My apologies also if you think you have wasted few minutes of your time reading through the words. Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Earliest memory was being held in a ferry and seeing cable car in genting. I was just an infant then. My parents have some photos.

No emotional attachment. Just first time I saw such things.

Hypersonic

Earliest memory was being held in a ferry and seeing cable car in genting. I was just an infant then. My parents have some photos.

No emotional attachment. Just first time I saw such things.

:o  Amazing.  I guess most people won't remember anything from their infant days.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

two years old

i got to give my stroller seat to my new born younger sister

a bit beh song

• Praise 3

(edited)

I was in my late teens when kept having recurring images of many people hovering over me & holding me down. It was quite disturbing because there was no images of before n after.

Happened to mentioned to my mother n she was very surprised that I could remember those episodes that did happened during my early childhood to preschool.

What happened was my eyes were prone to having styes n each time had to be removed by doctors.

So, my recurring disturbing images were of nurses holding n kiap me down for the procedures ! :(

Edited by Baleno
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Remember constantly going to doctor and a&e. Parents verified that one such trip was when I was about 2, going on 3.

Also remember my 3rd birthday very very clearly even now. Disney puzzle present, watching cartoon, beehoon, red bean soup and a Snoopy shape chocolate cake. It was the last birthday cake I ever had from my parents.

After Age 3 my memory go down the drain liao. I can’t remember what I had for dinner yesterday

• Praise 6

Supersonic

Remember constantly going to doctor and a&e. Parents verified that one such trip was when I was about 2, going on 3.

Also remember my 3rd birthday very very clearly even now. Disney puzzle present, watching cartoon, beehoon, red bean soup and a Snoopy shape chocolate cake. It was the last birthday cake I ever had from my parents.

After Age 3 my memory go down the drain liao. I can’t remember what I had for dinner yesterday

Twincharged

Oh, I thought you found one after you quit

Nope. Decided it’s easier if I don’t work while reno-ing the house. But still got my bag shop lah. Satisfies my shopping cravings and gives me pocket money.

(edited)

After Age 3 my memory go down the drain liao. I canât remember what I had for dinner yesterday ð

snoopy shape cake on 3 yo birthday?

elite spotted!

half a century age my memories going downhill. Every morning woke up than realise this lady beside me is my wife. I don't remember how my wife look!

Edited by Kopites

Turbocharged

I remember I cried very badly in the middle of the night when my mother went to KK to deliver my younger sister. I was then brought to my Grandfather's place to be soothed by my relatives and had the first cup of coffee which I could remember.

I must be about 3 years old back then.

I will never forget

I was a toddler (abt 2 y.o.) in early 1980s

Living in a 1-rm rental flat with dark corridors in Toa Payoh (where blk 79/80s are right now)

Xiaoqiang walked across my tiny foot and I screamed

Turbocharged

Interesting topic.. Tried jolting my memory back to the future..

Probably the earliest i can ever remember was attending kindergarten, brushing teeth by the drain..

On a side note, few weeks ago i came across another topic which talked about the last 20yrs of your life. And I have since tried to jot down year by year for the last 20yrs what I have achieved/done and how I felt during that time.

I think it's good so once in a while you can look back at your life and have that nostalgic feeling

• Praise 2