Fun check: Earliest event you could remember in your life

Heartlander

(edited)

Ah yes, the first time i once was standing there for at least 1-2 hours, seeing how they killed snakeheads and turtles.

whack whack whack whack with the wooden bludgeon.

I used to stone at chinatown complex while my mum was working nearby. But i was in primary school already or at least kindergarten.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

First childhood memory is using the wall as a support and pulling myself up to stand. I was told it was my first time standing on my own. i was prob 12 to 14 mths old. No real memories after that till i am closer to maybe 3, 4 years old.

(edited)

My earliest memory was being brought to different nannies. Most vivid one was the nanny went out marketing and her older kid looked after us. He asked his neighbors over and they watch blue tape, while I pester him to watch lao fu zhi cartoon or was it doraemon cartoon. [laugh] Then playing catching at the corridor and sucking on that red coloured syrup sng pao.

Also remembered used to rear a chicken in our toilet and everyday it will lay an egg. Then old already slaughter and cook chicken soup. Most vivid was visiting tekka wet market, mum select the chicken, the fellow slit the throat and throw it into a metal drum and out came a de-feathered chicken. Also at chinatown wet market, the fellow use a huge wooden club to hammer the fish/tortise on its head.

And I remembered eating at a restaurant that overlooks the Upper Seletar Reservoir rocket tower. Until now, I couldnt find the restaurant. Also staying at a chalet in changi where we were right next to the sea, the chalet was on concrete stilts right on the rocky beach. Anyone know these places?

Lao fu zhi and doaremon! kinky!

For me i vividly remembered i had a baby sister when i was maybe 2-3, and i was also jealous of her...

We lost her, and until now almost half century later, I don't have the heart nor courage to ask my folks, esp my mother, about her, for fear of making them sad...

The market and Chinatown parts i had also experienced before. Exactly the same as you described them. In chinatown market those days, apart from fish and tortise, there were also monitor lizards, snakes, pangolins (I think), Used to be so attentive looking at how they slaughtered the animals [sweatdrop]

sorry to hear.

Ah yes, the first time i once was standing there for at least 1-2 hours, seeing how they killed snakeheads and turtles.

whack whack whack whack with the wooden bludgeon.

I used to stone at chinatown complex while my mum was working nearby. But i was in primary school already or at least kindergarten.

you mean how they skin the snake! I have seem them when young. I was brought up from the previous tofu Street. My mum told me next to the coffin Street. Edited by Kopites

(edited)

Lao fu zhi and doaremon! kinky!

sorry to hear.

you mean how they skin the snake! I have seem them when young. I was brought up from the previous tofu Street. My mum told me next to the coffin Street.

snakehead is 1 of the fish that they use for sliced fish soup.

Edited by Lala81

(edited)

Dunno if this counts, but I had some vague memories of being in the womb, remembered being surrounded by and suspended in water and playing with my fingers and hearing various sounds. Parents were surprised that I could rmb cos they asked me when I was around 4/5 , whether I could rmb being in the womb, and I described it to them, including the playing with fingers, which confirmed what they saw during the ultrasound haha

Second memory was when I was around 1+ , rmb my dad pushing me in the 3 wheeled pram thing as he jogged along the new sections of KJE (wasn't fully opened then). There were quit alot of ppl making full use of the unopened highway to jog as it was smoothly paved and wide and straight  [laugh]

Third memory was when I was around 3, couple months before my sis was born, mom brought me to taka to buy a toy car, asked me to choose one and said that it was a gift from my little sis, and I chose a Black 2nd gen Lexus LS400 (1:24 die cast model) , seems like I had uncle taste from young LOL  :XD:

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 7

That’s fire in May 1961 ......... you already got CPF Huat Ah!!

Can get CPF many years already. Not much as minimum sum took away most of it. Whatever was left in OA after minimum sum, I left behind to earn interest higher than time deposit. Hope that I will never be desperate enough to need to withdraw what is left.  

• Praise 2

Think I was 2 or 3 yrs plus when being carried by some young lady.

Squeezed her breast.

Guess my parents were reassured of my sexual orientation then

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I am an old man, memory is starting to fade and 3years old is the earliest age I could remember about things. There were not many recording devices to help with my memory.

With the proliferation of smart phones and digital recording devices in modern days, childhood memory could stretch way into much earlier years.

• Praise 2

Seems that most can remeber things as early as when 3 years old. Try to remember this fact when we are making memories for our kids, if have.

To me, all the money spent on annual holidays over the years are worth it in this context. I always thinking if wasting money doing that when they were few years old, as I did not have this luxury when young and everyday then was same - play, eat, sleep, so not sure if they can still remember when they grow up. 

Its Ok ..... I know...... you have recieved PG card from Govt ol'ready  [laugh]

Remember constantly going to doctor and a&e. Parents verified that one such trip was when I was about 2, going on 3.

Also remember my 3rd birthday very very clearly even now. Disney puzzle present, watching cartoon, beehoon, red bean soup and a Snoopy shape chocolate cake. It was the last birthday cake I ever had from my parents.

After Age 3 my memory go down the drain liao. I can’t remember what I had for dinner yesterday

• Praise 2

Supersonic

one of the earliest things i remember was also around 4 years old, when i ran crying to my mom who was in the delivery ward just before my bro was born...

• Praise 2

Can only remember i fell from see-saw and broke my arm when i was K1 or K2. No memory of anything before that.

I am an old man, memory is starting to fade and 3years old is the earliest age I could remember about things. There were not many recording devices to help with my memory.

With the proliferation of smart phones and digital recording devices in modern days, childhood memory could stretch way into much earlier years.

Interestingly as you get older, it’s the old stuff you can remember, not the recent memories.

Also interesting observation abt the handphones etc. we may end up having false memories, thinking we have a memory of certain things we saw in a photo.

The mind can work in v strange way

Dunno if this counts, but I had some vague memories of being in the womb, remembered being surrounded by and suspended in water and playing with my fingers and hearing various sounds. Parents were surprised that I could rmb cos they asked me when I was around 4/5 , whether I could rmb being in the womb, and I described it to them, including the playing with fingers, which confirmed what they saw during the ultrasound haha

Second memory was when I was around 1+ , rmb my dad pushing me in the 3 wheeled pram thing as he jogged along the new sections of KJE (wasn't fully opened then). There were quit alot of ppl making full use of the unopened highway to jog as it was smoothly paved and wide and straight  [laugh]

Third memory was when I was around 3, couple months before my sis was born, mom brought me to taka to buy a toy car, asked me to choose one and said that it was a gift from my little sis, and I chose a Black 2nd gen Lexus LS400 (1:24 die cast model) , seems like I had uncle taste from young LOL  :XD:

Amazing - sure you were playing with fingers and not kkj? :D  Maybe your parents saw in ultrasound but too pai say to tell you leh?

• Praise 3

I can remember many events when I was young.

One of them was crossing the big road between Circuit Road and Aljunied Crescent (it is an expressway now) when I was 4 or 5 years old. I got lost in the market, couldnt find my mum and was shy to cry thus I decided to walk home myself.

There were many cars and I do not know how to cross the road and I waited. Someone crossed and I quickly followed. I overheard an auntie saying why this small child's parents allow her to cross the road herself.

Another one was a cut on my thigh when I was 6 years and could see a slice of my skin or flesh (I dun knw what was that but was either one) at the sharp fences. I was too scared to feel any pain. I cried and bleed badly. My mum quickly carried me to the clinic. This left me 8 stitches and a 4cm "caterpillar" on my thigh.

• Praise 6

Supersonic

I can remember many events when I was young.

One of them was crossing the big road between Circuit Road and Aljunied Crescent (it is an expressway now) when I was 4 or 5 years old. I got lost in the market, couldnt find my mum and was shy to cry thus I decided to walk home myself.

There were many cars and I do not know how to cross the road and I waited. Someone crossed and I quickly followed. I overheard an auntie saying why this small child's parents allow her to cross the road herself.

Another one was a cut on my thigh when I was 6 years and could see a slice of my skin or flesh (I dun knw what was that but was either one) at the sharp fences. I was too scared to feel any pain. I cried and bleed badly. My mum quickly carried me to the clinic. This left me 8 stitches and a 4cm "caterpillar" on my thigh. ð

I really miss my childhood. So carefree and fun.

waa sis you sound very garang [thumbsup]
  • Praise 1

i still rem my first gf...at 6yrs old, Dorothy.

Other than that, remember many times my sis biting my toes, at age 3....lol