发布/2018年6月25日 11:32 AM

共享脚踏车业者OBike,宣布退出本地市场。

OBike今天通过应用发布短文,宣布了这个消息。陆交局今年规定,提供“无车桩”共享脚踏车服务的业者须在7月7日前申请营业执照,否则就须马上停业。

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

first one to quit, if you have deposit with them quickly draw out  

Finally the show is over.

Anyway, i thought ofo also closing soon? Cause i think they are having clearance sales on their bikes two weeks ago?

Supersonic
(edited)

they are the ones with partnership with grabcycle right?

I have a 1 month sub with grabcycle for $3... ending in a few days - no big deal.

my feedback for obike.

much fewer bikes than ofo

difficult to find working bikes

difficult to unlock (takes damn long)

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

they are the ones with partnership with grabcycle right?

I have a 1 month sub with grabcycle for $3... ending in a few days - no big deal.

my feedback for obike.

much fewer bikes than ofo

difficult to find working bikes

difficult to unlock (takes damn long)

No wonder they are the first one to quit? Wonder how about the rest? Staying on or quit also?

Hypersonic
(edited)

Those with deposit likely gone case. A fews weeks ago, at hwz there's a thread on how obike convert their deposit to VIP pass without their knowledge. So means most of them do not have a deposit anymore after 'silent' conversion. Very sneaky move before a planned exit. Edited by Ender

Supersonic

Those with deposit likely gone case. A fews weeks ago, at hwz there's a thread on how obike convert their deposit to VIP pass without their knowledge. So means mist of them do not have a deposit anymore after 'silent' conversion.

People with the rest of the bike sharing with deposit also faster draw them out.

Hypersonic

People with the rest of the bike sharing with deposit also faster draw them out.

Mobike and ofo do not require deposit. I have passes with both of them.

Supersonic

Those with deposit likely gone case. A fews weeks ago, at hwz there's a thread on how obike convert their deposit to VIP pass without their knowledge. So means most of them do not have a deposit anymore after 'silent' conversion. Very sneaky move before a planned exit.

sneaky b**tards.

good thing i subscribed thru grab

Mobike and ofo do not require deposit. I have passes with both of them.

how much is ofo pass?

Hypersonic

Saw some comments to take one obike from the streets if deposit is loss. Hahaha.

sneaky b**tards.

good thing i subscribed thru grab

how much is ofo pass?

Bought it a qoo10 during a offer, 25 cent for one month.

Turbocharged

No wonder they are the first one to quit? Wonder how about the rest? Staying on or quit also?

LTA wants them to setup a system for users to return bike to specific return points, i think it’s not easy to implement such a system and will be costly which will affect their profit greatly. How much can they earn from renting out a bike.

Actually it's not feasible to punish the company for indiscriminate parking of their users. If you rent a car and commit traffic or parking offense, it's the driver's fault and not the rental company.

Setting up designated bike parking lots goes against the whole dockless bike sharing idea, no wonder they chose to throw in the towel.

Looks like bike sharing is doomed to fail here due to over-regulation.

Actually it's not feasible to punish the company for indiscriminate parking of their users. If you rent a car and commit traffic or parking offense, it's the driver's fault and not the rental company.

Setting up designated bike parking lots goes against the whole dockless bike sharing idea, no wonder they chose to throw in the towel.

Looks like bike sharing is doomed to fail here due to over-regulation.

In China, operators hire ppl to collect bike at locations known to have too many bikes

In China, operators hire ppl to collect bike at locations known to have too many bikes

Ya I saw that in Shanghai. They help park the bikes nicely according to brand also

Meanwbile, grab say obike gg not their problem. Not gonna help.

Ya I saw that in Shanghai. They help park the bikes nicely according to brand also

Meanwbile, grab say obike gg not their problem. Not gonna help.

Shanghai is the most civilized I have seen so far.

Singapore is worse than Shanghai.

Turbocharged

How I wish we remove all these bikes and start afresh with a holistic approach like what they did for car sharing scheme. no need to think outside the box or within, proven. 

Shanghai is the most civilized I have seen so far.

Singapore is worse than Shanghai.

Cos they have more trucks and people going around to collect/arrange over there.

But all these bike rental companies are sustained by over exuberant VCs' money.  Once that runs out (Obike is probably the first), they will chiong kong deposits and then cease operations.

↡ Advertisement