Obike ceased operations in SG due to LTA restrictions

Jman888

Collecting the bikes probably cost more than the bikes are worth.

Anyway so what will happen to people that never even paid the deposit and now happily using the bike like my MIL.

Will she go to jail for a long time?

:D

Old towels from the gym? So many people use already. Give me free also I don't want. Some people not clean one.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

When California gym closed, my wife cannot get her hands on any towel or dumbells. So i dont think can take the bike and keep. I read TNP, scrap metal sells for 35cents a kg. And this bike weigh 15kg, so if sell as scrap, its $5 per bike.

Many years ago my friend (not me) used to work in a hang flower joint which owed staff several months pay and closed down. It was a free for all, all the staff including managers and bouncers took alcohol bottles, dj equipment, etc.
  • Praise 3

Many years ago my friend (not me) used to work in a hang flower joint which owed staff several months pay and closed down. It was a free for all, all the staff including managers and bouncers took alcohol bottles, dj equipment, etc.

Nobody took the girls?

• Praise 3

Nobody took the girls?

When these big company close shop.

The first 1 to get payment is the government.

Whatever own to the government settle first.

2nd 1 is bank.

Any leftover after paying these 2. Then we got chance.

• Praise 1

Well, they had the worst bikes among all. Probably its a good thing as well. 

Mobike and Ofo doesn't require any deposit to use their bikes anyway. 

• Praise 1

Anyway so what will happen to people that never even paid the deposit and now happily using the bike like my MIL.

Old towels from the gym? So many people use already. Give me free also I don't want. Some people not clean one.

towel can use as floor rug.

Supersonic
(edited)

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/obike-to-remove-shared-bicycles-from-public-spaces-by-july-4-lta?xtor=CS3-17

LTA will remove all the bikes for Obike if not removed by 4th July....... LTA will charge Obike only if they want to claim back the removed bikes.

No penalty at all?

How to financially penalize someone with no money?

I rather whatever money left behind is used to pay back deposit than to disappear into govt coffers.

Edited by Kusje

Hypersonic

Makes more sense to sell any unlocked O Bike to any foreign workers for $30 each.

I think foreign workers already got an unlock bike for themselves. Hahaha
  • Praise 1

My point being... Since there is no way to be penalised further, there is no reason for Obike to even bother with spending further money (if any) to clear the bikes. 

These bikes will likely be in LTA impound for years till they decide to dispose and write off. Don't forget the money spent by LTA to engage contractors to remove these abandoned bikes. If Obike or the liquidators find it not financially viable to claim the bikes from LTA (Likely case) who will pay for the removal fees? Taxpayers. 

How to financially penalize someone with no money?

I rather whatever money left behind is used to pay back deposit than to disappear into govt coffers.

The question is.... . Where did the USD 45 million gone to in less than a year?

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/homegrown-obike-raises-s45-mil-power-global-expansion

Washing machine? 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

My point being... Since there is no way to be penalised further, there is no reason for Obike to even bother with spending further money (if any) to clear the bikes. 

These bikes will likely be in LTA impound for years till they decide to dispose and write off. Don't forget the money spent by LTA to engage contractors to remove these abandoned bikes. If Obike or the liquidators find it not financially viable to claim the bikes from LTA (Likely case) who will pay for the removal fees? Taxpayers. 

The question is.... . Where did the USD 45 million gone to in less than a year?

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/homegrown-obike-raises-s45-mil-power-global-expansion

Washing machine? 

True, since obike already run road, dont think they would be bother to clear all the bikes. Dont think LTA can do anything to them?!

Twincharged

Today saw a few unlocked

I tried quite comfortable but an uncle was starring at me.

He was dismantling bicycles

• Praise 1

Alamak .... as usual your MIL sure come into the picture 1 .... from basikal to pyramid scheme to scam to anything .... Jack of all
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Today saw a few unlocked

I tried quite comfortable but an uncle was starring at me.

He was dismantling bicycles

People sure will stare at you if you are riding on obike now.  :D

↡ Advertisement