Mahathir revives Singapore water dispute, says water deal too costly

Vratenza

Supersonic

3 sens per thousand gallons is already 3rd world back in the 60s leh

ð¤£

If today we still 3rd world, still have to increase if without 100 yr agreement in place

Otherwise it is called charity or humanitarian help loh...

And they can just cut off the supply after the agreement, if one day they need the water more for themselves.

We should learn to be independent from them on water supply.

Supersonic

My mum told me, last time 1 cent can eat ice ball and 5 cent can have a bowl of noodles.

Weren't we 3rd world in 1960s?

Supersonic

Why can't ppl see that whatever the idiot says regarding Singapore it's just a distraction? These fools have yet to prove themselves as an effective M'sia govt. The talk about HSR is alot but they have yet to sent an official statement to Singapore. They just keep talking only, no action. Why? Obviously they are buying time to go into the details on the penalty and thinking of how to get around it. They cannot talk their way out of it. Have to come up with a concrete solution. Singapore will not pay attention on what they say until they have receive a notification from them. In the mean while it's just talk c0ck sing song LP song.

It's not a distraction but a negotiating tactic.

Supersonic

And they can just cut off the supply after the agreement, if one day they need the water more for themselves.

We should learn to be independent from them on water supply.

It's already possible for us to be independent in terms of water supply.

But cheap water is like cheap drugs - how to stay away?

It's already possible for us to be independent in terms of water supply.

But cheap water is like cheap drugs - how to stay away?

i dun think can be 100% independent and having option is better than nothing, moreover, keeping the agreement also part of the relationship thing even if the price increase after the negotiation.

(edited)

It's not a distraction but a negotiating tactic.

sun tze said ... it’s a defence attack strategy ...

obviously, the PH govt has so much on their plate which they cannot manage all at once

big hole debt

deep rooted kleptokrat govt

a coaliation of 4 parties that not easy to satisfy

so much work need to be done on a day to day “fire fighting”

so much shits that have been piled up in the backyard that stink

so many dodgy contracts (as claimed) that jibby signed now need to “honour” ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Why can't ppl see that whatever the idiot says regarding Singapore it's just a distraction? These fools have yet to prove themselves as an effective M'sia govt. The talk about HSR is alot but they have yet to sent an official statement to Singapore. They just keep talking only, no action. Why? Obviously they are buying time to go into the details on the penalty and thinking of how to get around it. They cannot talk their way out of it. Have to come up with a concrete solution. Singapore will not pay attention on what they say until they have receive a notification from them. In the mean while it's just talk c0ck sing song LP song.

i think it is fair to allow them some time to go through the HSR issue, but water?? 

is he trying to go back in time in the 90s ? and playing victim cos his predecessor scam all the money from the country? other countries must be nice to them and help them out?

Supersonic

i dun think can be 100% independent and having option is better than nothing, moreover, keeping the agreement also part of the relationship thing even if the price increase after the negotiation.

If the water was priced above fair value, would we continue to buy it?

Water is non negotiable. I believe SG’s position is that we won’t bundle it with other issues as well. It’s simply off the table.

The water agreement is not a commercial deal so the commerciality of 3 sens is irrelevant. It was a country to country treaty for Singapore to literally survive so that Separation can happen.

• Praise 3

If the water was priced above fair value, would we continue to buy it?

not above fair value but at a price agree by both party, like 60 sen as proposed. Just because RM has dropped significantly after 60s make it look cheap to us, what if RM1 become S$100 if singapore still remain as 3rd world country? will they stick to 3 sen?

Just like HSR lor, he can break the contract and pay us compensation. The water agreement he can also break the contract and pay compensation lah, then we can also decide if we want enter into another contract to buy water from them at his stated price. Of course we can also state our new price on selling treated water to them.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

aiya ... at that time no one think about the future who is and who’s not 3rd world or “market pricing formula”

just like prc sold hk to brits for 150 years and only found out ... it’s a bad deal

just deal with it until the agreement expire

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic

not above fair value but at a price agree by both party, like 60 sen as proposed. Just because RM has dropped significantly after 60s make it look cheap to us, what if RM1 become S$100 if singapore still remain as 3rd world country? will they stick to 3 sen?

I'm not talking about how fair it is yet but you said you don't think we can be completely independent. 

My pt is that we can - the only reason we are not is cuz the water we are getting from them is cheap.

Another amateur move by Dr M. While he cannot solve the trillion dollar debt crisis overnight he tries to distract his ppl by saying the 1962 water deal is too expensive. LoL...

He's pathetic. I won't even want to waste my time. Outta here.

coming to 2 months after the election, and he cannot even settle the ministers posting yet, how to solve other issues?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

But still must be seen to be doing work mah, the best way to unite inside is to create an enemy outside lor. 

• Praise 3

coming to 2 months after the election, and he cannot even settle the ministers posting yet, how to solve other issues?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

But still must be seen to be doing work mah, the best way to unite inside is to create an enemy outside lor. 

a lot of calculation to do, he is a calculated person  [laugh]

• Praise 1

River will ultimately run its course and never stop changing its route. It will take the shortest route thats why they keep on meandering downstream. One day that river will change and bypass that dam either naturally or through man-made intervention and when that happens our children will be in deep shite. Best is to regonitiate the issue especially the pricing.......welcome back Madhatter......Singaporean love you deep deep.

↡ Advertisement