Mahathir revives Singapore water dispute, says water deal too costly

Vratenza

(edited)

If the water was priced above fair value, would we continue to buy it?

Singapore and Malaysia can never be the independent.

we are so closely knitted that everyone do has at least one / two Malaysian relative.

we can never understand politicians be it singapore or in Malaysia. If we do than we can become politican ourselves as well.

Remember the vep charges at our causeway? they rise we rise. they drop we drop...like kids playing Sandplace.

they raise water price we raise the distilled water price and sell back to them. sama Sama same same lah. they play dirty we cut the work permit for Malaysian...everyone also suffer.

Singapore and malaysia can never be independent of each other lah.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

a lot of calculation to do, he is a calculated person  [laugh]

also a very calculating one!!!. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

mayb thats why he hated LKY, 两老算来算去!!! [laugh]

I'm not talking about how fair it is yet but you said you don't think we can be completely independent. 

My pt is that we can - the only reason we are not is cuz the water we are getting from them is cheap.

i dun think we can unless we are 200% sure there is constant supplies, can't take the risk even if 100% cos any hiccup will be bad. The water is cheap now until end of the agreement, by then any price increase will have to do some calculation, either by value or by volume. Reasonable take more, above fair value take less just to maintain the relationship.

I'm not talking about how fair it is yet but you said you don't think we can be completely independent.

My pt is that we can - the only reason we are not is cuz the water we are getting from them is cheap.

no country can be independent imo. even indonesia we also depends on them for raw materials and in turn we priovide them with investment and job market.

no country can be independent imo. even indonesia we also depends on them for raw materials and in turn we priovide them with investment and job market.

Asking us to renegotiate the water is like a landlord asking to renegotiate on the 10 yrs rental lease after seeing the lessee's salary grow from 60K PA to 300K PA in span of 5 years. :D

maxresdefault1.jpg

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator

Please continue the 1962 water agreement discussions here. Nothing to do with the Malaysia Elections already.

• Praise 1

if water is si important to us, what have we done for the past 50 off years

we spent so much on military but if they turn off tap

we are screwed

complacency that a paper contract will do the trick

well at least now Hyflux is thrown with a lifeline

Always NATO..

Just turn off the bloody tap..

I want to see our 4G stars in action...

• Praise 4

Twincharged

why we keep harping about contract this and that

contract (agreement) cannot be broken

but look at ourselves

just how many contracts between people and authorities had been broken eg CPF can collect at 55 years old, no one left behind, healthcare for everyone but we cannot make use of CPF for emergency if we ran out of cash, 

• Praise 2

Always NATO..

Just turn off the bloody tap..

I want to see our 4G stars in action...

4g is the currently offered by all telcos........good to play downloaded games using our hp and tabs.....

why we keep harping about contract this and that

contract (agreement) cannot be broken

but look at ourselves

just how many contracts between people and authorities had been broken eg CPF can collect at 55 years old, no one left behind, healthcare for everyone but we cannot make use of CPF for emergency if we ran out of cash, 

Karma is a bitch..

Shortchange the citizens..kanna shortchange big time by outsiders...

• Praise 1

He has been threatening us since the day he is a Prime Minister. If he is really serious about, just turn off the tap and do something and not just talk only. Instead of settling his own internal cabinet issues, he goes around raging war with other countries...

Twincharged

He has been threatening us since the day he is a Prime Minister. If he is really serious about, just turn off the tap and do something and not just talk only. Instead of settling his own internal cabinet issues, he goes around raging war with other countries...

I look from Dr M perspective

in his view SG never learn even after he step down

still screwing them

worse when they have a weak leader 

it is perceived we took advantage and scew them more

even if it just apparent and not real 

it hurts

at 92 or 93 just like LKY he wants to leave a legacy

before we go on kpkb

you have to witness first hand how our boys negotiate in the boardroom

then you will understand why people are pissed off and cant wait to see our downfall

either you believe or you dont

in any case, the effect are there for eveyone to see

we all like to talk big 

Singapore this and Singapore that

we dont even take care of people well

why do Singaporeans have to travel up North to buy basic necessities and petrol

worse we even have to send our old folks there

at least Dr M, is trying to level the playing field there and removing some privileges that the Bumi had

but here we are going backwards, have designated malay president, GRC and so on, what about meritocracy we all talk about

let see how we can improve ourselves before we go shooting at our bros up north

we once were together

remember we crawl to join them but we were kicked out

• Praise 3

IMO Dr M's perpective now is very very angry.

Why not? Before the election he didn't know the extent of the 1mdb debt crisis. He and his new party won the election by giving promises to remove gst and continue fuel subsidies. Country no money and in debt still remove gst and give fuel subsidies. LoL... No wonder he has to take loan from Japan.

I dunno whether they will become like Greece to take on austerity measures. Let's wait and see.

Now Dr M realised he don't have the talent or ppl to run M'sia. Those who can are in umno. LoL... Who can he turn to? Heck, he stepped on everyone's toes hence now he's basically surrounded by ppl who wants him dead. At his age that dream for him to drop dead isn't too far away actually.

So now he has to find something to vent his frustrations on. Who else but Singapore? Throwing weak threats at us and saying silly things to distract ppl. Not really playing his role as M'sia's PM. I wonder how much time he has left. This is better dan watching any tv drama. [laugh]

• Praise 6

(edited)

when PH fight for election already knew national debt exceed whatever level ahjib kor saying

they knew it deep down ... they knew HSR is over-price

they knew ECRL TRX and many more projects are smokescreen and all in big losses

but to win election .. they have to remove GST, give back fuel subsidy, this and that ... that’s politic

the hard work only start now ... no surprises actually

now is the time to talk this talk that and garner support?

Edited by Wt_know

Asking us to renegotiate the water is like a landlord asking to renegotiate on the 10 yrs rental lease after seeing the lessee's salary grow from 60K PA to 300K PA in span of 5 years. :D

maxresdefault1.jpg

Slightly different lah.

As THIS “lease” was just a very small nominal amount and over a few generations.

In any case whether the salary grows or not doesnt matter as much as the price being reasonable.

So someone is taking advantage.

Right or wrong?

Can talk until cows come home depending on perspective.

that's why sg wont let hyflux die

Hahahahahahahaha.

Hyflux as a company can die.

But another company can still come up to take over the business.

That doesnt change the financial mess of hyflux faced by both shareholders and creditors today...