Mahathir revives Singapore water dispute, says water deal too costly

Vratenza

He oso say MY will abide by rule of law. Yet, he doesn’t believe in honouring signed legal contracts. Go figure

say only ma.

US  also say the same, but they tear up more contacts then every 1 else added up.

at least MY  haven start tearing any thing

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

in the 1961 and 1962 water agreements, a revision of water price in 25 yrs was provided. In 1986 and 1987, the Malaysia gov choose not to revise the water price, not once but twice.

25 yrs no inflation meh, not one but 2 golden opportunities to increase price to first world price leh.

when is your call to up price, go ahead and exercise your right. if you dont do it, thats also your call.

Calling it charity or humanitarian help is plain rubbish.

Oh really? so They been stupid twice.......for whatever reason.

Anyway 87 till now is about 30yrs, time to revise again loh....

Otherwise 3 sens per thousands gallons is just

Edited by Throttle2
  • Dislike 1

Hypersonic

Sure Bro....so we dont sell below cost loh.

i am not on any side.

I am just saying that that are going to be issues to deal with.

Real issues.

Cannot don't sell below cost coz we honor the water pact agreement even now it seems like a bad deal to sell to them

But we sell them back clean water below cost leh. I.e, the same water they buy from us is cheaper than if they were to filter themselves. This kind of deal i also won't do my own filtration.

in the 1927 agreement, we can sell them back 800,000 gallons of water at 25 sens per 1000 gallons, up to a max of 1.2 million gallons.

in the 1961 agreement, we sell them back at 50 sens, and they want us to sell back a MINIMUM of 4 million gallons, up to 12% of water we buy from them.

we doubled the price and they wanted more water, strange hor?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Cannot don't sell below cost coz we honor the water pact agreement even now it seems like a bad deal to sell to them

Yahlor

So you get it now?

ie. You take my goli, i take your gasing lor....

Oh really? so They been stupid twice.......for whatever reason.

Anyway 87 till now is about 30yrs, time to revise again loh....

Otherwise 3 sens per thousands gallons is just

(edited)

open mouth to shoot already now say not urgent .... means what ar?

revive in 3-5-7 years time? lol

post-7984-0-58053800-1530003653_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

Hypersonic

In the effort to be open, I feel mahatir and the finance minister might have overdid on the talking to the media. Before anything is firm, they shoot their minds to the media.

Every time they have own water supply cut, I also scratch my head. And it happens quite frequently.

this one is really muayhahahahahahaha, I also no know what to say................ [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think I am going to tell my children to burn me a report after 2061. 

Since we did not renew the 1961 water agreement when it expired in 2011, it would also means we not selling them treated water pass 2061, I am very interested to know what will happen.  ^_^

• Praise 3

Sure Bro....so we dont sell below cost loh.

i am not on any side.

I am just saying that that are going to be issues to deal with.

Real issues.

We did not renew the 1961 water agreement which expired on 2011, the only one running is the 1962 water agreement and a supplementary one sign in 1990, both expires in 2061. 

So when this one expires in 2061, we are unlikely going to renew as well, so nothing to deal with already?

We dont buy and we also no need to sell back treated water hor. 

No need for them to do charity or give humanitarian help, also no need for us to be inhumane and bloodsucking.  They want clean and treated water, they are always welcome to buy from us at market rate right?  And of course we can choose not to sell a single drop to them also hor? 

got rolex many many, no water drink also die lah, this one stupidest guy on earth also can understand. 

Muayhahahahahaha [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

We need CECA to deal with them..

See who can flip wider ...

• Praise 1

I think all our water plants located in Malaysia will be handed over. We handed over a few a few years ago liao.

Yah, thats my understanding as well. Those handed over was in 2011 i think, when the 1961 agreement expired. 

I have not seen the place, but I guess  by 2061, the plant going to be very run down.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

You know, there is a Chinese adage : a Long journey reveals a horse’s potential, a Long period reveals a person’s intent

Let’s see how Long can TDM’s wayang last

Not to be racist, but it is an adaption from the earlier statement

najib cost madhatter sons their position in umno and connection with Petronas. His children are very well to do among the richies in MY and Najib was affecting them with his (wife) political and wealth consolidating plans...its a power play between 2 big powerful and rich families. 1mdb is the powder keg that swayed voters and gave madhatter much needed ammo to bury najib for good.

If Temasik was forced to sell off all of their folio in a sudden move we will most probably lose quite a substantial amount just like what had happened to 1mdb. If want to count our external debt..........think its nearly 2 trillion dollars. We are actually in worse position than Malaysia but with non of the natural resources they have. If bad come to worse at least Malaysian can have a farm on their land and eat from their land.........us, we can only scrape the paint from our walls.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

open mouth to give 'wind'...ððð. When they settled their accounts our turn will come.

Water Agreement was in 1962......Singapore dont even have an army. Why the concessions for us? Maybe someone being humane or someone just kana arm twist by our big mother. Who knows why they want to sell untreated water at 3 cents without thought of future increase of an important commodity. Just be thankful they want to sell us the river water because we would be in deep shite if they had refused. If they wouldnt want to sell then we can oni lan lan as we didnt have any capabalities back then.

Really it's time to depend on our own water supplies. We have water all around us but yet don't know how to use it, and yet spend tons of money on unnecessary things
↡ Advertisement