Illegal U turns on Empress Road

Nostalgia

In the past week, I've turned in a few times from Farrer Road to Empress Road, and witnessed the following, all caused by vehicles u-turning illegally at the T-junction where the road widens:

1) Happened to me personally, a car tried to u-turn while not properly checking its blind spot, causing me to swerve away dangerously. 

2) Car turned in at high speed into the driveway of a private house to facilitate u-turn, forcing a pedestrian to jump away to avoid being hit

3) Illegal u-turn made at high speed while a car was (legally) turning from the T-junction into Empress Road, a near miss.

What makes things worse is that there is an actual legal U-turn on Farrer Road just a few hundred meters further down, so these potential accidents were caused by drivers wanting to save some seconds or minutes.  Looks like this is a prime area for TP enforcement...

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

In the past week, I've turned in a few times from Farrer Road to Empress Road, and witnessed the following, all caused by vehicles u-turning illegally at the T-junction where the road widens:

1) Happened to me personally, a car tried to u-turn while not properly checking its blind spot, causing me to swerve away dangerously. 

2) Car turned in at high speed into the driveway of a private house to facilitate u-turn, forcing a pedestrian to jump away to avoid being hit

3) Illegal u-turn made at high speed while a car was (legally) turning from the T-junction into Empress Road, a near miss.

What makes things worse is that there is an actual legal U-turn on Farrer Road just a few hundred meters further down, so these potential accidents were caused by drivers wanting to save some seconds or minutes.  Looks like this is a prime area for TP enforcement...

write in with some video evidence

Supersonic

That area is a problem, bcuz if you come from the wrong side of Farrer Rd trying to get to the other side where mostly condos are, you need to make a big loop at Bukit Timah junction and sometimes get jammed with other traffic there.

So everyone tries to use Empress Rd as a shortcut to make illegal u-turns.