COE Bidding – 1st Round of July 2018

Carbon82

(edited)

I Paid deposit for car late May and 2 consecutive coe June bidding, even though price drops the SE didn’t manage to secure the coe. Car is at neutral ves.

What can I do? Can pull out and wait or need to LL and just continue for tml?

Edited by Carn00b
↡ Advertisement

Car price advertise as 100k.

30% down payment will be 30k.Bank approve loan will be 70k.

Actual selling price 91k.

Your friend down payment 20k.Bank approve loan will still able to get 70k.lol....

Clear?

And maybe tell him a special discount of 9k for your friend to make him happy?lol....

Ahh,, icic.. ya  [laugh]

There is no collusion.This is a free open bidding!

How can the writer insinuate otherwise!

All along we are brainwashed that the car buyers are willing to pay for the high COE prices. It cannot be the AD that are controlling the COE price level!!!

5. The COE bidding system is flawed
Okay, we’re not saying anything new here. Everyone knows that there’s probably a better way to regulate vehicle growth in Singapore than COE. And I’m well aware that each proposed alternative often comes with its own problems.

But one thing the drop in COE prices tells us is that the dealers really have a significant influence on how expensive your new car will be. Many dealers offer to help you bid for COE, and they have their own agenda regarding how much they’re willing to bid.

This may explain the drop in number of bids compared to previous months. Thanks to the VES, dealers are now incentivised to keep COE low, in order to not turn buyers off by a combination of VES surcharges and high COE prices. One dealer claims that dealers have “systems in place” to prevent a rush to place COE bids at the same time.

Unlike individuals, companies can place multiple COE bids. But let’s be fair to them as well. As another dealer pointed out, “We are the only country that sells new cars without knowing how much profit you are going to make.”

What do you think of the low COE prices? Are you going to wait and see if they will drop further next month?

Turbocharged

I Paid deposit for car late May and 2 consecutive coe June bidding, even though price drops the SE didn’t manage to secure the coe. Car is at neutral ves.

Your SE lost his bets on Argentina and Portugal. So just continue to wait till England win the next match to recoup his losses. My 5 cents.

• Praise 1

[flowerface] Community Service [flowerface]

Do take note that COE revenue (per bidding exercise) is at all time low since Jan 2015, and year on year, the total premium collected for the 1st half year is $1.75 bil (2018) vs $2.53 bil (2017) vs $2.32 bil (2016) vs $1.89 bil (2015).

Even if we assume that 70% of the new car will need to pay VES surcharge of $10K in average, that would add "just" $289 mil to LTA revenue in the 1st half of this year (which bring the total tax collected to ~$2.04 bil). So I have every reason to suspect that some policy change might be announced in the next few months, in bid to turn the situation around (to boost government earning).

[sunny] Good Luck to all vested! [sunny]

Thank you for your warning!

I Paid deposit for car late May and 2 consecutive coe June bidding, even though price drops the SE didnât manage to secure the coe. Car is at neutral ves.

What is the agreement you sign? 6bid non guranteed or 2 bid guranteed.

If it's 6 bid non guranteed, u must wait for 6 bid finish oh.

Supersonic

I Paid deposit for car late May and 2 consecutive coe June bidding, even though price drops the SE didnât manage to secure the coe. Car is at neutral ves.

AD or PI?

(edited)

thou im vested this round but seems like it will still be downward trend. 35k for cat A 31k cat B

Edited by Defcon

This round is likely down, by how much is anyone's guess.     All the elements of lower COE price are aligned and in full work, however, the level to which is drops is still a mystery.    

30?   35?     Jobs are still there, between the two? 

This round is likely down, by how much is anyone's guess.     All the elements of lower COE price are aligned and in full work, however, the level to which is drops is still a mystery.    

30?   35?     Jobs are still there, between the two? 

Jobs are still there, FTs also still there  [laugh]

End of the day, even if COE drops to 30K, the best selling car in Singapore will still be close to 100k. Low COE does not equate to low car prices...Just in case most have forgotten

Turbocharged

End of the day, even if COE drops to 30K, the best selling car in Singapore will still be close to 100k. Low COE does not equate to low car prices...Just in case most have forgotten

actually consider quite low if base on previous car price - Honda Nov 2014

post-7510-0-50844400-1530679931_thumb.png

Eh, not really la. Nw 34K coe aldy K3/Elantra abt 75/76/77K. If they become the best selling car, price won't be near 100k

K3 Elantra not the best selling in Singapore. Here i am talking about the altis.

Eh, not really la. Nw 34K coe aldy K3/Elantra abt 75/76/77K. If they become the best selling car, price won't be near 100k

Turbocharged

Elantra now is buy 1 free 1 if base on Nov 2013 pricelist 

post-7510-0-42623700-1530680492_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

AD and 6 bids non guaranteed.

Dealers usually spread out their bids. Imagine they have 100 orders at hand, they won't be stupid to bid for these 100 in 1 COE exercise. That will result in higher COE premiums. So instead, they probably bid 20 for each exercise. Then another 20 for the next and so on.

If it's AD, rest assure they will get you the COE and make the deal go thru. If it's a flyby PI, then I'm not so sure.

↡ Advertisement