Where can you get a nice complete meal for <$5 in Singapore?

therock

Supersonic

you seriously dont read hor... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Thats my 'strength' ma, default dont read de.  [:p]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

last time when I do reservist, I will go to camp at 6pm for dinner at cookhouse before I start my shift at 8pm.

free food and quite good ... and being dinner, usually can help yourself also.

Yah, I think the quality of food has improve so much over the years as compare to the 80s and 90s.  Complete with color water and fruits,  usually can go for 2nd serving. I dont mind having cook house food twice a week man.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Supersonic

put on uniform, book into any camp, cook house food is free and come complete with drinks, fruits and sometime got ice cream.  [:p]

SAF sld allow all NS men to go back for free SAF cook house food on SAF day.  [laugh]

Dont think can la, think the guards at the camp gate would check ID when entering?! 

Twincharged

old estates hawkers and coffeeshops, $5 is not really a challenge. The equivalent in town is a challenge.

yup ... I think your comment should be added to the main subject. [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Dont think can la, think the guards at the camp gate would check ID when entering?! 

dont know leh, I never try before, mayb one day I kay kay go test test see can or not. But first I need to borrow a set of no 4...  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

dont know leh, I never try before, mayb one day I kay kay go test test see can or not. But first I need to borrow a set of no 4...  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Maybe the rank on your number 4 if it is colonel and above, they should not check for your ID and let you in? Lol.

Yah, I think the quality of food has improve so much over the years as compare to the 80s and 90s.  Complete with color water and fruits,  usually can go for 2nd serving. I dont mind having cook house food twice a week man.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Yes sir..

Previously in camp if you are in the air force, it's a five star rest. If you are in a regular cookhouse.. well let's just say you are at the mercy of the cooks... ask for more rice as a trainee, and they dump a mountain of rice..

I recall this chap - a returnee from UK: "less rice, no chili, and more vegetables, but please place them on the side" .... and the cook gave him three scoops of rice, a big pile of curry, and no veggies :)

The best cookhouse for land : Brunei. Amazing food, but it's mainly spicy stuff..

These days, the meal has four dishes, good caloric count, and on some days you get ice cream! I think I got heavier when I did my reservist..

But back to the topic..

yes $5 in some places isn't too hard, but try getting that in Orchard or Shenton.. or even in Jurong Point..

Not easy.. 

And not everyone has the capability to eat ramen, or some $10 dish..

Supersonic

Yes sir..

Previously in camp if you are in the air force, it's a five star rest. If you are in a regular cookhouse.. well let's just say you are at the mercy of the cooks... ask for more rice as a trainee, and they dump a mountain of rice..

I recall this chap - a returnee from UK: "less rice, no chili, and more vegetables, but please place them on the side" .... and the cook gave him three scoops of rice, a big pile of curry, and no veggies :)

Current cookhouse no need to be at mercy of the cooks. All outsource and the service not bad de.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Yes sir..

The best cookhouse for land : Brunei. Amazing food, but it's mainly spicy stuff..

These days, the meal has four dishes, good caloric count, and on some days you get ice cream! I think I got heavier when I did my reservist..

But back to the topic..

yes $5 in some places isn't too hard, but try getting that in Orchard or Shenton.. or even in Jurong Point..

Not easy.. 

You said Singapore as a whole and you quoted lengkok bahru mah, if you change the title to Orchard road, Shenton way and Jurong point will be different replies liao what. its common sense getting a decent 5 bucks meal in those area is a god send lah. 

what kind of food you can buy at cargo building and in town with $5 is totally different leh. But do you agree that most places outside of town is not so bad an issue as you mentioned? 

of course not everyone will want to eat ramen, but I am sure a $3.50 bowl of fishball noodle is not that difficult to find? 

And if you are at Jurong Point, walk over to "EAT" and you probably can get away with a set of fishball noodles plus a hot drink under $5, that same 5 bucks sld be able to get you a decent meal of 2 pc of prata and a hot drink over at prata wala? Otherwise walk across to the row of shops under the MRT track where the 7-11 is, I am sure you can get some decent food for $5. 

Top floor JP1, there is a kopi tiam, if you have the kopitiam card, you get 10% off, so i dont think cannot get any decent food for $5 after a 10% off at jurong point.

Now I am confuse, are we talking about SG in general or are we talking about Orchard road, Shenton way and Jurong point with that $5? 

Edited by Tianmo

As the title suggests... where - so it's all over SG..

Our forum does not allow me to edit the title...

Hypersonic

As the title suggests... where - so it's all over SG..

Our forum does not allow me to edit the title...

I am sure the mods will be very willing to help. Not like they have never edited titles before. 

@radx @jman888 @carbon82  I think your help is required for some title editing. 

• Praise 1

I am sure the mods will be very willing to help. Not like they have never edited titles before.

@radx @jman888 @carbon82 I think your help is required for some title editing.

Errrd so change to what ah
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Errrd so change to what ah

I no know leh, need to ask TS, he said forum doesnt allow him to edit title leh. 

@therock?

I no know leh, need to ask TS, he said forum doesnt allow him to edit title leh. 

@therock?

Actually I thought it was clear - where will cover all of SG... but my first example just happened to be at Lengkok :)

"whole of Singapore" 

Ha ha

Yes sir..

But back to the topic..

Not easy.. 

in orchard , central area, of course cannot compare.

those are very high end area. if u working there, i am sure u can afford much more then 5 buks for a meal right?

5 buks for a full meal include drink is easily found in west area,  any coffee shop beside jurong point, i think can settle already , not neccessary inside.

of course mius the air-con [;)]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Up to $5 a meal still can find at many eatery like coffeeshop and foodcourt esp in heartlander area. Town area dont think can find a lot.

Hypersonic

Actually I thought it was clear - where will cover all of SG... but my first example just happened to be at Lengkok :)

"whole of Singapore" 

Ha ha

Yah it was clear until you brought up Orchard road, Shenton way and Jurong point.

You asked where, and it is obvious that lots of places can get a decent meal for $5 isnt it?  Lengkok is just one of the many, nothing so special isnt it?  If you compare lengkok to town, that is a total different comparison. Although I know $5 can get some decent food in Jurong point as well. 

Of course if you are asking " where you cannot get a decent meal for $5" would be a different topic, I think for that Orchard road and Shenton way cannot escape. 

And you mentioned forum does not allow you to edit the title, giving me the impression you wanted to edit the title. So not editing anything?  Then I will have to apologize to the mods for calling out to them for no reason liao. 

@radx @jman888 @carbon82 sorry guys, TS say no need edit liao. paisay hor.. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement