Where can you get a nice complete meal for <$5 in Singapore?

therock

Why Dach not in this thread?

Maybe he can gai siao $3 cai png plus kopi included..

I think he’s da man for this topic..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

I was ard lakeside this afternoon, so I decided to drop by  yuhua market & Hawker centre at blk 347 jurong east ave 1 to see what $5 can get me there. 

The avg price there is $3 for food and $1 for drink, one chicken rice stall starts as low as $2.50 a plate, one cai png stall at the back sells between $2.50 to $3.50. Fish soup and BKT will have to stand by more than $5.

So i think $5 can get very decent food complete with a drink there, at least mayb 80% of the food that falls in this range. 

Tomorrow I will be at clementi market, will update if it is so difficult to have a decent $5 meal there.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Once or twice a week, my wife and I will lunch at the Cheng San Food Centre and market at Block 527 along AMK Ave 10. There is a "Ma Po Lor Mee" stall that charges $2.50 and above. We always order the $2.50 bowl, that is available with choices of Kuay Teow or Chor Bee Hoon or thin Bee Hoon or yellow noodles or a mixture. Comes with half a hard boiled egg, some fried fish, some thin pork belly slices and fish cake slices. Quantity is just nice, not overloaded and quality is reasonably good. Condiments like chilli sauce, chopped garlic and vinegar is for customers to DIY.

Next to it is a coffee stall that brews quite fragrant coffee...$1 for a big cup of kopi-see that I share out with the wife.

Total of $7 for a lunch for 2.

wah, so even for ppl like me who needs to upsize also mayb can fill up!!!  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

(edited)

Omg! No wonder her char kway teow is 'nice'?! [laugh]

$1 hot dessert? Hard to find nowadays liao, cheapest is $1.50 even at hawker centre.

the hawker opp safra Mount Faber can still find 1.20 Chendol. Don't expect too much ingredient though. Edited by Kopites

Supersonic

I was ard lakeside this afternoon, so I decided to drop by yuhua market & Hawker centre at blk 347 jurong east ave 1 to see what $5 can get me there.

The avg price there is $3 for food and $1 for drink, one chicken rice stall starts as low as $2.50 a plate, one cai png stall at the back sells between $2.50 to $3.50. Fish soup and BKT will have to stand by more than $5.

So i think $5 can get very decent food complete with a drink there, at least mayb 80% of the food that falls in this range.

Tomorrow I will be at clementi market, will update if it is so difficult to have a decent $5 meal there. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Dont think can get fish soup below $5 esp if you add rice. Clementi hawker centre reopen already? Think i went dont know which month ago, it was closed for renovation.

the hawker opp safra Mount Faber can still find 1.20 Chendol. Don't expect too much ingredient though.

Supersonic

Why Dach not in this thread?

Maybe he can gai siao $3 cai png plus kopi included..

I think he’s da man for this topic..

Posted in post no. 50.

Cai peng with egg and tofu is not filling for most of you guys who can afford more.

Even add kopi plus my egg and tofu rice also cannot achieve below $3.

Below $5 is possible, in most kopitiams and hawker centers. 

Hypersonic

Dont think can get fish soup below $5 esp if you add rice. Clementi hawker centre reopen already? Think i went dont know which month ago, it was closed for renovation.

Think i eat dessert there before but forget which stall.

Fish soup alone, min is usually $4, add rice will be just below 5 bucks, but cfm cannot complete with drink liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yah, clementi market re-open liao like a few months already, I think was just before CNY, I remember I posted in makan thread when it re-opened because I went for satay but that stall closed. <_<

Eng’s wanton mee

@$4

Enough money leftover to fill your tummy with a bottle of mineral water to make you really full :)

Remember the original is now across the road where the Ng Ah Sio used to be.

Today, we will check out if a nasi lemak packet and otak plus a drink will fill and also taste good.

Come to Lengkok Bahru and find out!

Today, we will check out if a nasi lemak packet and otak plus a drink will fill and also taste good.

Come to Lengkok Bahru and find out!

I will try later.. See can fill me up or not. Hehe..
  • Praise 1

Maybe we do a mix la..

Share a big bowl of liao.. plus a generous share of the otak and the nasi... 

put on uniform, book into any camp, cook house food is free and come complete with drinks, fruits and sometime got ice cream. [:p]

SAF sld allow all NS men to go back for free SAF cook house food on SAF day. [laugh]

During my reservist time, cannot like that one. Need to scan NRIC/11B at the start of the queue, then can go take food. Then there is a survey of the food quality which u must select after scanning your ID.

Bloody joke man. Haven't eat, how to know if the food is good. There will be an Encik stationed there watching u also.

But good thing is, it is self service. Take as much as u wish but dont waste food.

• Praise 1

Think i eat dessert there before but forget which stall.

Come Golden Mile Food Centre aka Army Market. Fish soup prices start at $3.50. The more popular stall, start at $4.50. Popular stall, thick soup base. Not so popular, clear soup base. Both also got queue during lunch.

During my reservist time, cannot like that one. Need to scan NRIC/11B at the start of the queue, then can go take food. Then there is a survey of the food quality which u must select after scanning your ID.

Bloody joke man. Haven't eat, how to know if the food is good. There will be an Encik stationed there watching u also.

But good thing is, it is self service. Take as much as u wish but dont waste food.

Oh i guess they change system liao, but then you eat in the sea, we eat on land mah, plus you and I has a gap of at least 8-10 yrs I think.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Side step, when you have makan with @mustank, count me in.  ^_^

• Praise 1

Oh i guess they change system liao, but then you eat in the sea, we eat on land mah, plus you and I has a gap of at least 8-10 yrs I think. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Side step, when you have makan with @mustank, count me in. ^_^

Sure. I will bring you guys to my favourite Thai food place at Golden Mile Complex, Beer Thai. Cheap and good + authentic.

Sure. I will bring you guys to my favourite Thai food place at Golden Mile Complex, Beer Thai. Cheap and good + authentic.

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] [bounce2] 

↡ Advertisement