• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

wilkencd
  • wilkencd
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hopefully you guys can post this in the maintenance and repair section

I have a 2013 manual Honda Accord. Yesterday I was driving it and all of a sudden the clutch went soft and now the pedal is stuck to the floor. The clutch fluid reservoir is still full. My mechanic told me it is probably the clutch master cylinder. My problem is that right now I don't have enough money to pay my mechanic to fix it. I drive for UBER for a living so I need my car working in order to make money. So I have a couple questions. First, do you agree with my mechanic that the problem is most likely the master cylinder? Secondly, I have not worked on cars much and have only done simple things myself. So I was wondering if replacing the master cylinder is a task that I should attempt to take on myself?

Edited by Lightsabre, 09 July 2018 - 09:28 AM.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:04 AM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hopefully you guys can post this in the maintenance and repair section

I have a 2013 manual Honda Accord. Yesterday I was driving it and all of a sudden the clutch went soft and now the pedal is stuck to the floor. The clutch fluid reservoir is still full. My mechanic told me it is probably the clutch master cylinder. My problem is that right now I don't have enough money to pay my mechanic to fix it. I drive for UBER for a living so I need my car working in order to make money. So I have a couple questions. First, do you agree with my mechanic that the problem is most likely the master cylinder? Secondly, I have not worked on cars much and have only done simple things myself. So I was wondering if replacing the master cylinder is a task that I should attempt to take on myself?

Bro, I understand your predicament but seriously you are better off getting the opinion of a 2nd mechanic.

Any opinion here is based on your written description of the problem so I doubt if it would be helpful at all.

I am not sure even if you are for real, as I understand UBER does not exist anymore.

If you are here looking for someone to be your sugar daddy, then just may be you are in the right place, look for T2, Radx, Ender and a few others here, plenty of money to throw around.

In addition, I am suspicious of your posting, first you claim you do not know much how a car work and then you have done simple things only and ask if you can attempt to replace the master cylinder.

Frankly if I were you, sell the car and rent $1600 per month

Good luck.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Since he's driving a 2013 manual Honda Accord, he might not even be in Singapore.

Bro, I understand your predicament but seriously you are better off getting the opinion of a 2nd mechanic.

Any opinion here is based on your written description of the problem so I doubt if it would be helpful at all.

I am not sure even if you are for real, as I understand UBER does not exist anymore.

Edited by Bicolor, 04 July 2018 - 02:09 PM.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:12 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Uber is no longer in Singapore; he's obviously not from Singapore.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Supercharged
    Author Image

TS most likely from the US. The new Honda Accord is still available in manual transmission over there. Made in USA/Canada. Japan Honda already stopped producing manual Accords after the Euro R many years ago.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yes the mechanic is right. it is the brake master pump cylinder that gives way. all you have to do is to replace both master and slave clutch pump and that will solve your problem.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

CLH Tyres Trading

CLH Tyres Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by lekkahh  |  Neutral Newbie

Has recently done my servicing using Shell Helix at their Pioneer outlet. Though the price may not be the cheapest in the market, but their customer service and technical knowledge worth it all! The mechanic told me that my tyres are going botak soon, and advised me to change. They do not hard sell on that, but due to safety purpose, i have decided to just change it all... » Read More

Carfix Autoworks Pte Ltd

Carfix Autoworks Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by HenryKoh_11309  |  Neutral Newbie

Excellent service from carfix crew, very professional, solve all my sensors issues with reasonable price. Highly recommended.
Thanks

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Transmission & Gearbox

Quick Reply

Tags: clutch, gearbox, transmission and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users