Strange neighbour dispute

Jman888

The condensation on the floor is caused by temperature delta (typically >10 deg C) between the floor surface and the ambient temperature. Given that the ambient temperature is on the high side (>30 - 32 deg C on average in the recent years), if the aircon temperature at the unit below is set at 18 - 20 deg C, condensation would occur.

Although I have experiences with water condensation issue in multi-story units (one of the test lab is running at 18 deg C, while the other unit directly below is non-aircon), this is the 1st time I read that unit above is affected. Strange but interesting case. The most effective solution would be to put in insulation layer between the 2 unit, but ... ... $$$ involved and look (and space) might be affected.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

But hor... I ever been to HDB flats at night with a tiny spot in centre of each room feeling warm to the feet.......

I guess it must have been the ceiling lights heat from the neighbors underneath.

So physics dictate that if heat can be transmitted through the floor this way, cooling can happen this way too (removal of heat energy)

To cause condensation, the aircon must be nuclear power one...

else, i think sooner or later, sure will be left with hot air. Don't think the normal household aircons can tahan 24/7 for too long a time. And HDB i doubt can allow 2 compressors to rotate and take turns to 'rest'?

Unless the downstairs unit is running a server room, else quite strange to need to be so cold the whole day leh...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

.... there we go again ..... he will live up to his name 

sometimes blk 9 full so I have to bring them home...

the corpses told me they like cooler temperature :a-rip:

So rich to turn on aircon 24/7 just to blow at the ceiling [laugh]

I know of families who turned on aircon the whole day and change compressors every 5 years   [crazy]

Reason: so that no dust can enter the house  [hur]

Hypersonic
(edited)

the Man spoketh...... all this @Radx cannot understand 1 , he preambree skool to ITE (Its The End) 1     [:p]

The condensation on the floor is caused by temperature delta (typically >10 deg C) between the floor surface and the ambient temperature. Given that the ambient temperature is on the high side (>30 - 32 deg C on average in the recent years), if the aircon temperature at the unit below is set at 18 - 20 deg C, condensation would occur.

Although I have experiences with water condensation issue in multi-story units (one of the test lab is running at 18 deg C, while the other unit directly below is non-aircon), this is the 1st time I read that unit above is affected. Strange but interesting case. The most effective solution would be to put in insulation layer between the 2 unit, but ... ... $$$ involved and look (and space) might be affected.

Edited by BanCoe

Turbocharged

this is definitely possible. that guy below must have set ac below 18C and running 24x7. 

while there is no law to say cannot set ac at what temperature  the fact you cause nuisance to others, can force him to insulate his ceiling lor. 

landlordnis HDB, they can do that. 

Hypersonic

But hor... I ever been to HDB flats at night with a tiny spot in centre of each room feeling warm to the feet.......

I guess it must have been the ceiling lights heat from the neighbors underneath.

So physics dictate that if heat can be transmitted through the floor this way, cooling can happen this way too (removal of heat energy)

honestly i never knew can be actually felt this way haha. But my parents flat is marble flooring, so will feel cool anyway.

My own home ... the stupid neighbour don't drop marbles or what at like 12mn, i already happy liao  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I know of families who turned on aircon the whole day and change compressors every 5 years   [crazy]

Reason: so that no dust can enter the house  [hur]

So stupid. Tell them go holiday for a week and see if their aircon house is filled with dust or not  [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

Pitfalls of staying in pigeon holes in sinkieland...

Buy landed! [laugh]

landed you face with rat and 小强。

honestly i never knew can be actually felt this way haha. But my parents flat is marble flooring, so will feel cool anyway.

My own home ... the stupid neighbour don't drop marbles or what at like 12mn, i already happy liao [laugh]

Orh u kenna ghost

Supersonic

My own home ... the stupid neighbour don't drop marbles or what at like 12mn, i already happy liao  [laugh]

Gosh, you have the same neighbour like mine!  [dizzy]  But my neighbour do more things, like slamming the bedroom door several times throughout the night, stomping feet and dragging things across the floor!  :sick:

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Gosh, you have the same neighbour like mine!  [dizzy]  But my neighbour do more things, like slamming the bedroom door several times throughout the night, stomping feet and dragging things across the floor!  :sick:

door sometimes is accidental, no big issue. sometimes without the door bumper, will happen.

But this marble thing is very weird lol.

This type of property cooling measure no biggie leh. Garment one more disturbing...look at STI today, 红龟粿 all over...

• Praise 3

door sometimes is accidental, no big issue. sometimes without the door bumper, will happen.

But this marble thing is very weird lol.

go visit your neighbour lor. Got 1 time this kind of thing happened the pissed off downstairs neighbour went to visit the neighbour upstairs. Turns out the neighbour were 2 elderly couple with no young children (children all married and dont lives with them). Stomping and marbles only happens at night....
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1