2019 Audi TT RS (facelift)

DACH

Supersonic

i'm curious as to why M & Alpina managed to move more unit in Singapore compared to RS 

I feel its cause M & Alpina has a separate showroom from its normal range of BMW cars 

To the eyes of Singaporean, M & Alpina and AMG are more atas than RS.

Maybe Audi Singapore should market their performance cars as Quattro.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

i'm curious as to why M & Alpina managed to move more unit in Singapore compared to RS 

I feel its cause M & Alpina has a separate showroom from its normal range of BMW cars 

Some still have the perception that BMW and Merc are more atas than Audi. Somehow its reflected in their car prices. Similar range cars from audi are usually slightly cheaper than the other 2.

but to me, they are all atas haha, Leuxs included

When it comes to choosing performance cars. It's not about shopfront or advertising. 

Actual vehicle performance, handling matters. As well as resale value of the car when the buyer let it go after he had his fun. 

In terms of branding prestige/recognition and performance record, I will rank M in front, AMG followed by RS. 

Supersonic

Some still have the perception that BMW and Merc are more atas than Audi. Somehow its reflected in their car prices. Similar range cars from audi are usually slightly cheaper than the other 2.

but to me, they are all atas haha, Leuxs included

In terms of prestige and branding in Singapore, Mercedes-Benz and BMW are already ahead of Audi since the 70s and 80s.

When it comes to choosing performance cars. It's not about shopfront or advertising.

Actual vehicle performance, handling matters. As well as resale value of the car when the buyer let it go after he had his fun.

In terms of branding prestige/recognition and performance record, I will rank M in front, AMG followed by RS.

Actually ///M was taken away from PML as it does not do a good job in promoting the brand.

Branding prestige/ recognition is the fruit of marketing

Actual vehicle performance and handling I don't see RS lagging behind //M or AMG

International parent Audi level of marketing you mean.

Actual vehicle performance and handling I don't see RS lagging behind //M or AMG

alot of racing or motoring journalist will bet to differ.

I don't know because I don't get to own any of them.

You have Performance Munich @ 315 Alexandra for ///M

Actually ///M was taken away from PML as it does not do a good job in promoting the brand.

i agree with u. But after watching so many youtube videos, the usual comments on RS is being AWD, they are less tail happy, and hence less fun and less driver's involvement.  

in fact being AWD, might even be quicker around a track or 0-100kmh. 

then again a lot is down to one's perception. but the fact is they are competing in the same price bracket (AMG, M, RS)