Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Turbocharged

BREAKING: Liverpool are in talks to sign Alisson (rated at €70million) - deal is very close according to reports.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

BREAKING: Liverpool are in talks to sign Alisson (rated at â¬70million) - deal is very close according to reports.

Pool will be getting a good player: 壮如山 :XD:

pool reportedly hv put in a 62m bid for alisson. i hope i am really wrong in this...cos i don tink he is worth that much. pool is putting in a huge gamble IMO.

i am also an advocate of not overspending.

But it seems increasingly clear that the goalie dept is the one place where we're obviously weak and in need of an upgrade.

We took the route of signing a promising young keeper thinking and hoping that he'll improve quickly and tremendously and be able to count among the better goalies in the world this time 2 seasons ago. But Karius was unfortunate at the beginning, and when he was given not one but 2 chances to prove himself, he didn't take them well...

So the other avenue is to sign an established good keeper.

And they all don't come cheap, unfortunately.

Rather than get another mediocre one (like Mig) which will not be an obvious upgrade, i guess klopp decided that he'll go for the top ones - hence this 'rumour' (or breaking news).

Apart from his supposed great goalkeeping skills, i'm also guessing that being a Brazilian, he maybe is also good with the ball at his feet, which will make him a good fit for Klopp's style. If he's in the mould of Neuer and Ederson, then that could be the deciding factor. Courtois while great, might not be a perfect fit for the team's style. In the case of Ederson, if Allison is keeping Ederson out of the Brazilian team on merit, then hopefully Allison is worth the big bucks... if we get him.

No updates yet about Allison. Only got news about youngster Rhian Brewster signing a long-term contract...

Hope this promising young chap will develop into a great player soon. We don't seem to have any young ones making a seamless progress into the first team for a while already...

Rhian Brewster laid out his first-team ambitions as he followed up signing a long-term contract with Liverpool by declaring the club his 'home'.

The 18-year-old striker committed himself to the Reds by penning a professional deal at Melwood, where he will now work on a permanent basis as he takes the next step in his career.

Once the formalities were complete, Brewster gave an engaging, insightful interview to Liverpoolfc.com in which he explained why this is the place for him to thrive.

The U17 World Cup winner also provided an update on his recovery from an ankle ligament injury suffered in January and revealed the role played by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in his rehabilitation.

Splash the cash and get it done for Alisson, this seem dragging too long and obviously we need a GK that can earn us 10pts a season.

My personal feel is Oblak is still better than Alisson.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Reports indicating that Liverpool have reached an agreement with Roma for Alisson.

€75 million with add ons. Based on reports, this is Roma’s asking price, our initial offer was lower.

Hopefully this is true and no last minute changes.

Edited by Akula
  • Praise 1

Alisson says he is very good friends with Firmino.

Alisson says he is very good friends with Mo Salah.

Alisson says Firmino ask him to join when he played at Anfield.

Alisson says he enjoyed playing at Anfield and wants to play there again.

Roma will spend the money from Pool to buy Suso from AC Milan.

Chelsea will move to AC Milan keeper Donnarumma now that Alisson

wants to move to Pool.

:D

Is it only me but somehow I feel shaqril's pic of late seems rather gay.

Mmmmmmh.....

Wow oh wow....

nod Nod...is his stare..like sighting you up..
  • Praise 1

Liverpool have agreed a fee of about £66.8m for Roma goalkeeper Alisson.

The Premier League club are now expected to hold talks with the Brazil international.

The 25-year-old has been at Roma for two years, and played 37 Serie A games last season, after starting his career at Brazilian side Internacional.

Liverpool's bid, which is 70m euros, would overtake the current record for a keeper - 53m euros paid by Juventus to Parma for Gianluigi Buffon in 2001.

The Premier League record for a keeper is the 40m euros Manchester City paid Benfica for Ederson in June 2017.

Liverpool teenager Brewster signs new contract

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was forced to defend goalkeeper Loris Karius last week after another mistake - this time in a pre-season friendly against Tranmere.

The 25-year-old German spilled a free-kick that allowed the hosts to score in Liverpool's 3-2 win at Prenton Park.

Karius was at fault for two goals in Liverpool's 3-1 defeat by Real Madrid in the Champions League final, but it was later found that he had concussion.

Alisson played all five games, keeping three clean sheets, as Brazil were knocked out at the quarter-final stage of the World Cup by Belgium.

• Praise 4

Liverpool's bid, which is 70m euros, would overtake the current record for a keeper - 53m euros paid by Juventus to Parma for Gianluigi Buffon in 2001.

Putting things into perspective.

70m in 2018 is cheaper than 53m paid in 2001

when the inflated prices of players is taken account.

Especially in the last few year when Neymar is 200m

Couti is 150m and a 34 year old Ronaldo is 100m.

Turbocharged

From ESPN,

Liverpool have agreed a world record fee with Roma for goalkeeper Alisson, sources have told ESPN FC.

Liverpool have met the €75 million asking price for the Brazil international and been granted permission to speak to the player about a transfer to Anfield. Should a deal be completed, the fee would be a world-record amount for a goalkeeper, surpassing the £34.7m Manchester City paid Benfica for Ederson in 2017.

Roma and Liverpool both declined to comment when contacted by ESPN FC.

Alisson, 25, has been a long-term target at Liverpool, whose goalkeeping situation has remained unclear after Loris Karius' errors in the Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid in May. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp initially backed Karius but sources told ESPN FC that Danny Ward had a realistic chance of securing the Liverpool No. 1 jersey.

Alisson, Brazil's starting goalkeeper, is on Chelsea's radar amid ongoing doubt over Thibaut Courtois' future, although Liverpool are now in pole position to land the Roma keeper. Real Madrid have also been credited with an interest in Alisson in the past as they seek an improvement on first choice Keylor Navas. Sources have told ESPN FC that Roma hope the interest in Alisson will spark a bidding battle.

Alisson joined Roma from Brazilian side Internacional for €8m in 2016 and has made 64 appearances for the Italian side.

• Praise 1

If you want the best players you just have to pay.

After just half a season no one is talking about

VVD's price anymore.

If you want the best players you just have to pay.

After just half a season no one is talking about

VVD's price anymore.

No leh. I still remember Man U paid 89mil after giving away for free for a certain player
  • Praise 2

Reporting in....

Somehow got the feeling this will be Klopp's final season if we were to fail to win either BPL or CL.

Hope that I am wrong.

• Praise 1

No leh. I still remember Man U paid 89mil after giving away for free for a certain player

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1