Singhealth kanna hack!

RadX

Something is brewing... the attacker has a specific motive! Political related? :omg:

Investigations by the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) and the Integrated Health Information System (IHIS) confirmed that the attack was a “deliberate, targeted and well-planned cyberattack” and was not the work of casual hackers or criminal gangs.

Channel NewsAsia understands that authorities have established who might be behind such an attack. There are only a few countries in the world who have the level of sophistication shown during the cyberattack campaign.

"I apologise. We are not able to reveal more because of operational security reasons," CSA chief executive David Koh said at the news conference when asked which country might have been involved.

• Praise 11

Will the price of medications drop?? Why they mention only PM name specifically??? Whole Jing Bang will also kenna 1

• Praise 2

Twincharged

wanna hack, please hack ERP to give top up our cash card when we pass the gantry!!!  :XD:

I thk if this really happen, the govt man will run (on foot) to the affected erp gantries to deactivate the gantries immediately !!

• Praise 1

Can move lhl data to somewhere else more secure and away from general public?

So next time hacker just target him and leave us alone

• Praise 2

Anyway most IT professionals subcontracted u know Fr whr hor... although clamped down al

Too late tho

• Praise 2

Supersonic

taken from LHL's FB post:

"SingHealth’s database has experienced a major cyber-attack. 1.5 million patients have had their personal particulars stolen. Of these, 160,000 also had their outpatient medication data compromised. I am personally affected, and not just incidentally. The attackers targeted my own medication data, specifically and repeatedly.

I don’t know what the attackers were hoping to find. Perhaps they were hunting for some dark state secret, or at least something to embarrass me. If so, they would have been disappointed. My medication data is not something I would ordinarily tell people about, but there is nothing alarming in it.

When SingHealth digitised its medical records, they asked me whether to computerise my own personal records too, or to keep mine in hardcopy for security reasons. I asked to be included. Going digital would enable my doctors to treat me more effectively and in a timely manner. I was confident that SingHealth would do their best to protect my patient information, just as it did for all their other patients in the database.

Of course, I also knew that the database would be attacked, and there was a risk that one day despite our best efforts it might be compromised. Unfortunately that has now happened.

The security and confidentiality of patient information is a top priority. I have ordered the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore - CSA and the Smart Nation and Digital Government Group (SNDGG) to work together with the Ministry of Health, Singapore to tighten up their defences and processes across the board. We are convening a Committee of Inquiry to look thoroughly into this incident. It will doubtless have valuable conclusions and recommendations, which will help us do better.

This will be a ceaseless effort. Those trying to break into our data systems are extremely skilled and determined. They have huge resources, and never give up trying. Government systems come under attack thousands of times a day. Our goal has to be to prevent every single one of these attacks from succeeding. If we discover a breach, we must promptly put it right, improve our systems, and inform the people affected.

This is what we are doing in this case. We cannot go back to paper records and files. We have to go forward, to build a secure and smart nation. – LHL"

• Praise 2

Just a simple sorry for such a dua zong event... My 57 years of polyclinic visiting.. records all stolen.

According to KBW:

"In Japan, the CEO and board of directors will call a press conference and take a deep bow, and in the good old days, they may even commit hara-kiri."

So how how how!

• Praise 5

(edited)

on page 1

yes 林pei here

nothing to contribute...just here waste space

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 4

Just a simple sorry for such a dua zong event... My 57 years of polyclinic visiting.. records all stolen.

According to KBW:

"In Japan, the CEO and board of directors will call a press conference and take a deep bow, and in the good old days, they may even commit hara-kiri."

So how how how!

If this is the result, the hackers would have succeeded in destabilizing us. This is state sponsored attack.

• Praise 1