COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2018

Carbon82

seem like u have just answered my question on wat 20yr of education had taught u

rest my case

hahahaha

Just chance upon it ...... EO and battery

BTC ...... not taught about Kim’s fav tunes

What are you proud of holding pink IC?

Edited by pegasi
↡ Advertisement

Is it bcos they are subjected to VES surcharge? I realise those neutral ones are generally cheaper now than when COE was at 50k.

Cheaper by 5k to 8k have la!

Not as really as 20k cheaper due to coe drop from 50k to 30k.

Elantra basic was 88k when coe 51k.(still can bargain lower if sign on the same day)lol...

Now 81k when coe 30k according to sgcarmart,Maybe can get lower if go to showroom?

This is the best time for neutral VES AD.They are in upper hand.

Just price abit cheaper than those VES surcharge AD is enough to win the race.lol...

• Praise 1

Regarding dealer margin, you mean when you go shopping will find out the COGS then proceed to buy / move on to another product just because the company profit margin v high?  :D

To me, design in & out, performance, cabin gizmo, warranty & servicing and of cuz whether I can afford, are most important.

• Praise 1

Regarding dealer margin, you mean when you go shopping will find out the COGS then proceed to buy / move on to another product just because the company profit margin v high?  :D

To me, design in & out, performance, cabin gizmo, warranty & servicing and of cuz whether I can afford, are most important.

haha.  that's why go hawker centre must never order carrot cake or rojak.  margin too high.  chicken rice or wanton mee is ok.  cai png dealers getting greedy, always only bring in low spec dishes these days.   

• Praise 2

Dealer's profit margins in isolation is meaningless if the dealer is a monopoly. However, it becomes meaningful when you can compare various dealers' margins for similar car types you plan to buy. You can then decide if you want to part your money to a dealer who make more money from you or part your money to the dealer who give you more value for your money.

• Praise 1

Dealer's profit margins in isolation is meaningless if the dealer is a monopoly. However, it becomes meaningful when you can compare various dealers' margins for similar car types you plan to buy. You can then decide if you want to part your money to a dealer who make more money from you or part your money to the dealer who give you more value for your money.

I'd rather compare between that 2 or 3 cars which one makes my heart flutter more, which one is more exciting to drive, which one I'd steal second glances at even after locking & walking away.. or safety features, cabin creature comforts.

Comparing dealer margin then possibly using it as a deciding factor when choosing cars is bo liao. Maybe it's just me.

Just saying. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Every car carried by AD is monopoly. You very sure of the margin for each car by AD? You buy a car based on lowest margin and if everyone does same, there would only one car/AD now.

Twincharged

I can confirm that you will never buy a Mercedes or bmw brand new then!

I think hor, Eva is saying same car type but lowest margin.  Like me,  have to be lowest margin and good features and good FC and reliable and can carry many people lor. And easy to service as I ownself do and easily available.

Carens/Wish/M5/GC4/5008/GS.  Actually 5008 offered reasonable as they give steep discount.  

OR Honda and Toyota have PI lor, because AD margin is high enough for them to exist.  And the worst part, JDM also higher spec.

Every car carried by AD is monopoly. You very sure of the margin for each car by AD? You buy a car based on lowest margin and if everyone does same, there would only one car/AD now.

Looks like there are many SE in this forum trying to justify the fat margin some dealers are charging. One even suggested that I never drive expensive car instead of taking my argument in perspective. Never mind, this is what a public forum is all about. You just have to take whatever hits at you.

I think hor, Eva is saying same car type but lowest margin.  Like me,  have to be lowest margin and good features and good FC and reliable and can carry many people lor. And easy to service as I ownself do and easily available.

Carens/Wish/M5/GC4/5008/GS.  Actually 5008 offered reasonable as they give steep discount.  

OR Honda and Toyota have PI lor, because AD margin is high enough for them to exist.  And the worst part, JDM also higher spec.

You can read and understand simple message but many including many SE here chose not to and that is understandable.

• Praise 1

Looks like there are many SE in this forum trying to justify the fat margin some dealers are charging. One even suggested that I never drive expensive car instead of taking my argument in perspective. Never mind, this is what a public forum is all about. You just have to take whatever hits at you.

I'm curious. Do you do the same consideration when you buy condo or landed?

I'm not an SE. Not property agent also.

And just because dealer margin isn't within my buying criteria for buying new cars doesn't mean they are justified though. Don't be mistaken about this.

I think hor, Eva is saying same car type but lowest margin. Like me, have to be lowest margin and good features and good FC and reliable and can carry many people lor. And easy to service as I ownself do and easily available.

Carens/Wish/M5/GC4/5008/GS. Actually 5008 offered reasonable as they give steep discount.

OR Honda and Toyota have PI lor, because AD margin is high enough for them to exist. And the worst part, JDM also higher spec.

Agree.

Lower margin,good FC and reliable is important because I don't like to visit workshop even during warranty.

Take time off la, take leave la just because of car?

To me a car is just "for leg step only".

After 10yrs will go to recycle bin. Lol...

I'm curious. Do you do the same consideration when you buy condo or landed?

I'm not an SE. Not property agent also.

And just because dealer margin isn't within my buying criteria for buying new cars doesn't mean they are justified though. Don't be mistaken about this.

I read your response and I am not disturbed by your views at all. 

If you appreciate what is value for money, you will quite naturally look at things differently. By and large, most rich people understand what is good value and make their investment, hence they become rich and stay rich. People who invest or buy things that have less value for money may end up losing money especially in property investment and other asset class and investment instruments.

I read your response and I am not disturbed by your views at all. 

If you appreciate what is value for money, you will quite naturally look at things differently. By and large, most rich people understand what is good value and make their investment, hence they become rich and stay rich. People who invest or buy things that have less value for money may end up losing money especially in property investment and other asset class and investment instruments.

Good equipment levels, design, performance and safety features, branding heritage and perception, reliability assurance, decent warranty period - This is value for money or understanding what good value is.

Roping in dealer margin isn't. This is being overly calculative, cheapo, niao ji niao lan, boliao. 

I've had 6 different cars in the past 10 years. All of which score more than average for the above criteria (in their respective segment & price bracket), 3 of them were car of the year nominees or winners, but none of them I've taken into consideration dealer margin. Means all of them are not/less value for money?  [rolleyes]

*EDIT: Anyway my last post on this lah. You form whatever conclusion you want, thanks for the economics 101 lesson.

Edited by StingerGT
  • Praise 3

waiting time for Mazda 6 and Civic Turbo , Nov/Dec

looks like ready stocks dwindling

the bookings may keep coe stable till year end  

• Praise 4

Good equipment levels, design, performance and safety features, branding heritage and perception, reliability assurance, decent warranty period - This is value for money or understanding what good value is.

Roping in dealer margin isn't. This is being overly calculative, cheapo, niao ji niao lan, boliao. 

I've had 6 different cars in the past 10 years. All of which score more than average for the above criteria (in their respective segment & price bracket), 3 of them were car of the year nominees or winners, but none of them I've taken into consideration dealer margin. Means all of them are not/less value for money?  [rolleyes]

*EDIT: Anyway my last post on this lah. You form whatever conclusion you want, thanks for the economics 101 lesson.

You may not care too much dealer's margin but you also care about the price bracket and compare features to features. You are actually making good efforts to compare before making a decision and that should lead to some sound decision even if you do not look at dealer's margin. Looking at dealer's margin reaffirm your choice and decision that you are not overpaying these cars as compared with other similar type of cars.

Edited by EvaEva

from the car price list looks like nearly all cars are priced higher..... must be the demand really very high.... but i do hope cat b go down so that my pqp can also be reduced......

↡ Advertisement