COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2018

Carbon82

Thanks guys for the inputs. Follow-up question to that:

I see QP stays at $1 regardless of the number of bids. Is this variable important now or will only update with the correct figures once bidding is closed?

suggest you take a chill pill and check in only 3.30 pm or later tomorrow [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Thanks guys for the inputs. Follow-up question to that:

I see QP stays at $1 regardless of the number of bids. Is this variable important now or will only update with the correct figures once bidding is closed?

QP is based on the highest unsuccessful bid +$1

Since now quota more than bidders, highest unsuccessful bidder is $0, +$1 is the current QP

Supersonic

If you listen to radio nothing but car ads all day. If ppl are booking why need to advertise so aggressively... I think it may go down

Advertising can also cause the demands and sales to go up.

During CEVS, polluted cars was charge max $30k penalty.

After implement VES, polluted car was charge max $20k penalty.

10k discount for polluted car make sense? Please call your MP and feedback about this.

Thanks.

10k discount are caters for Super car owners... high ses must be protected mah...ha ha :)

Me low ses then pay and pay lor:(

Supersonic

Not sure if this can consider as leh long price when a new elantra can be had for $80k

They buy these Mazdas at prices when COE prices are high.

• Praise 1

New PHV doesn't mean new cars. That phase has come to pass. Those who drive PHV, would have driven or driving one. After Uber left the scene, the growth for PHV drivers are severely limited. With no much new drivers, why would new PHV companies (or rental companies) go all out buy new cars and sit idle?? So nope.

Rental cars which are mainly PHV had been growing at the monthly rate of 1,500 to 2,000 unit over the past few years. But the growth has since reduced to 200 units monthly over the past 6 months.

You have a point but for those who are buying a car now, they will compare yearly depre of a new car vs a used mazda 3 and decide what is more worth, especially a car that is not only used but more likely being abused.

If i will to buy one of these cars, i would bargain hard, otherwise might as well buy new.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Car dealer have to clear the backlog of orders

The backlog of orders will only be cleared if coe is Low since order was placed when coe was 25,000

Turbocharged

There are a lot, every time listed as sold, then new batches will be advertised again

So many newly registered Mazda 3 still selling?!? Means more PHV drivers returning their cars!! 

• Praise 1

Yah why bail them out at such prices. Unless really lelong price, just let them bleed and scrap for jacking up the COE prices for the last few years.
  • Praise 3

Taxi companies might come in to soak up some COE.

Cant remember who but a mcf member correctly pointed out to me that taxi is no using cat a nor b coe.

Cant remember who but a mcf member correctly pointed out to me that taxi is no using cat a nor b coe.

I remember LTA indeed removed taxis from the COE bidding few years back.

Yah why bail them out at such prices. Unless really lelong price, just let them bleed and scrap for jacking up the COE prices for the last few years.

open market ma, start selling from high price and slowly reduce, see who never do homework...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1