Is cooling period act applicable if I decided not to buy a COE car?

IzackAtaq

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, can I ask if I recently paid a deposit less then 3 days ago and I decided not to buy the COE Car can i get my deposit back? Is it under the cooling period act?

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, can I ask if I recently paid a deposit less then 3 days ago and I decided not to buy the COE Car can i get my deposit back? Is it under the cooling period act?

Nope. You get nothing back

Cooling period more refers to door to door sales contracts, time sharing contract and holiday contract. Car purchase contract I believed not covered.

• Praise 1

You can ask your sales guy but am very sure you get nothing back.

Cooling period not applicable here because you enter the showroom on your own accord and was not approached by the SE at your doorstep. Unless you buy at a roadshow then maybe it is applicable.  

Edited by Kensh09
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1