TP question regarding green arrow for a newbie

anonymouse2

Please read your basic theory and advanced theory again for the answer.

walao sian.. fail 4 time liao, how much you all pay for TP

got SSDC private instructor recommend? msg me

private msg me in this forum, i will read (serious i check inbox one)

walao.... green light cannot u-turn,  only green arrow u-turn... isit? sian....

walao sian.. fail 4 time liao, how much you all pay for TP

got SSDC private instructor recommend? msg me

private msg me in this forum, i will read (serious i check inbox one)

walao.... green light cannot u-turn,  only green arrow u-turn... isit? sian....

waaaaaaaaaaa you  [thumbsup]  ...   you must be too young 

• Praise 4

If the junction allows u-turn, and if there is a green arrow indicator, you cannot u-turn until the green arrow show. If there is no green arrow indicator, you can u-turn when the light is green and no on-coming traffic.

I just turn as long as no car ............. hahaha but I seldom do Uturn . 

• Praise 8

i understand liao... after the "tragic accident of 19 year old NUS student"

all right turn + uturn, as long as "red arrow" must stop.. no more "guess guess"

right turn when GREEN ARROW only. (red arrow must stop)

TP is right, i deserve to fail, let's hope green arrow will save more live.

all right turn + uturn, as long as "red arrow" must stop.. no more "guess guess"

Glad you know and please continue to be a safe driver after you get your license.

anyone know, how get earlier TP date?

refresh what time best? when they release new slot one?

You should book now. Don't keep on delay.

If green light with green man, slow down and look out for Humans... If red man just go ahead and turn. But if you are GRAB driver... you are entitled to do anything you want, Don't stop at RED light also OK... People understand, earn money most important, no need signal, no need slow down, no need to follow traffic arrows... ALL NO NEED....

anyone know, how get earlier TP date?

refresh what time best? when they release new slot one?

just be patient dude... 2 months is not too long a wait.

I read until a bit confused. Discretionary right turn also cannot u-turn until green arrow comes on?

I read until a bit confused. Discretionary right turn also cannot u-turn until green arrow comes on?

No U-turn at all.

Can only U-turn if there is "u-turn" sign

(edited)

i'm not sure too... i can't even tell if discretionary vs 3 arrow system... (my friend say discretionary got pocket, 3 arrow don't) isit true?

Edited by anonymouse2

I think I confused liao.

Difference in rules for driving in USA and Singapore (supposed to be a joke). In USA everything is permitted unless prohibited. Meaning you can u turn anywhere unless there is a no u turn sign. In Singapore everything is prohibited unless permitted. Meaning as long as there is no u turn sign you cannot u turn.

Discretionary right turn - meaning there is no red arrow. Just green light and green arrow towards the end. If there is a U turn sign you can u turn when your side is green or when the green arrow appears. Just need to be careful as cars forming on the other side can block your vision and when you u turn to the other lane, you end up near the exit of the filtering Lane of the other Lane so you need to be careful.

If there is a red arrow, you cannot go beyond the stop line as long as the red arrow is lit if you are turning. Not sure if traffic lights with red arrows have pockets cos I never observed but should not have since you are not supposed to be waiting beyond the stop light in the first place.

How to tell if it is discretionary right turn? Just be careful and look at the lights beyond if there is red arrow. I experience before. This week this traffic light is discretionary right turn the following week it is not discretionary. So don't memorise. Renovations do occur so what you see today might not be the same the next week.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 4

No U-turn at all.

Can only U-turn if there is "u-turn" sign

I'm quite sure there are junctions with u-turn sign as well as discretionary right turn?

I think I confused liao.

Difference in rules for driving in USA and Singapore (supposed to be a joke). In USA everything is permitted unless prohibited. Meaning you can u turn anywhere unless there is a no u turn sign. In Singapore everything is prohibited unless permitted. Meaning as long as there is no u turn sign you cannot u turn.

Discretionary right turn - meaning there is no red arrow. Just green light and green arrow towards the end. If there is a U turn sign you can u turn when your side is green or when the green arrow appears. Just need to be careful as cars forming on the other side can block your vision and when you u turn to the other lane, you end up near the exit of the filtering Lane of the other Lane so you need to be careful.

If there is a red arrow, you cannot go beyond the stop line as long as the red arrow is lit if you are turning. Not sure if traffic lights with red arrows have pockets cos I never observed but should not have since you are not supposed to be waiting beyond the stop light in the first place.

How to tell if it is discretionary right turn? Just be careful and look at the lights beyond if there is red arrow. I experience before. This week this traffic light is discretionary right turn the following week it is not discretionary. So don't memorise. Renovations do occur so what you see today might not be the same the next week.

oops I didn't read. There's the answer I was looking for

I'm quite sure there are junctions with u-turn sign as well as discretionary right turn?

oops I didn't read. There's the answer I was looking for

Actually one more

Discretionary right turn include green light WITHOUT any green arrow. I was driving along Sembawang road when I saw (near old NEE SOON CAMP) that there are still traffic lights with no green arrow.

As far as I know, these are minor roads where there is no option for U turn but since TS is inexperienced and just starting out with TP test, better highlight that there are some traffic lights without the green arrow at all. Not sure if any exists along the SSDC test route. I sure did not know such traffic lights existed until I went sembawang road yesterday.

Edited by Philipkee

thanks all

i understand liao

got anymore hidden tips for TP or not?

this turn right, green arrow thing, i just know sia. i thought green light means go, fail zzz

my TP coming liao, i very scare fail again

what to look out for?

there's zebra crossing in the middle of the road, literally

i stopped, even though no people,  i kena scold by instructor "why stop?" behind honk liao

the zebra crossing is in middle of the road, not the turn left one

how?

i literally stop to 0, not just slow down, cause white line ma, then behind honk me wtf

thanks all

i understand liao

got anymore hidden tips for TP or not?

this turn right, green arrow thing, i just know sia. i thought green light means go, fail zzz

my TP coming liao, i very scare fail again

what to look out for?

there's zebra crossing in the middle of the road, literally

i stopped, even though no people,  i kena scold by instructor "why stop?" behind honk liao

the zebra crossing is in middle of the road, not the turn left one

how?

i literally stop to 0, not just slow down, cause white line ma, then behind honk me wtf

When approaching Zebra Crossing, just slow down and ready to stop. If no pedestrian, should slowly move forward. Fully stop shows you still not confident enough and cannot be a real driver yet. When testing if you get honk, you will get marks deducted.

↡ Advertisement