• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic | 188 praises

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:18 PM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Guys,

got a question and need advice here. lets say car is FWD/RWD, rotate tyre at 10k.

does it make sense to rotate next at 30k?

since at 10k, lets say front tyre wear 20% and rear 10%, so after rotating and mileage at 20k, should be front and rear balanced, right?

i know driving style play a part during the 10-20k, just saying generally.

Beregond, sake and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:38 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For those concerned about money, no rotation is needed.

When front tyres wear out, replaced 2 front tyres only.

Ditto for rear tyres.

Wheel balancing is needed per wheel, it's often done during a new tyre installation.

Solar praised this

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:51 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I nvr rotate dont bother lol
Camrysfa praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:40 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi Guys,

got a question and need advice here. lets say car is FWD/RWD, rotate tyre at 10k.

since at 10k, lets say front tyre wear 20% and rear 10%, so after rotating and mileage at 20k, should be front and rear balanced, right?

Which ever is convenient for you. 20K km should be ok cos 10K km like not much wear. Only tires going to the front will be balanced, tires going to the rear not necessary. Not sure for RWD cars. Tire shop guys told me every 15K km. So far two shops told me the same mileage. I do it where ever is convenient for me.

If you have TPMS the tire wear will be very even plus the tire rotation and balancing your set of tires can really last a long time. For Michelin at least.

Edited by Watwheels, 08 August 2018 - 08:42 AM.

sake praised this
I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:43 AM

mengami
  • mengami
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi Guys,

I didn't rotate my last set for 2 years and I regretted it. When I removed them to change to a new set, the inside of front tyres were significantly more worn than the rear tyres. I also found a nail in one of the tires. I think it's good to rotate them every 10K and also take the opportunity to balance and check for nails. It makes sense from performance, maintenance and safety perspective. 

sake and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Renaultsport Clio R27

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:51 AM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If i drive PHV leh? every mth clock 10-20k mileage how?

sake praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:57 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

1. Yes, for best results, please rotate every 10K - Cheap (15$) and it takes about 15 minutes only.

2. Rotation sequence changes wrt to FWD or RWD or AWD (refer to the picture below)

3. New tyres should always be put in the rear irrespective of FWD or RWD

Hi Guys,

You, RadX all atas, rotate the car itself instead of tyres  [:p]

I nvr rotate dont bother lol

Tyre rotation is based on the KMs and not on time scale. So PHV should also rotate at 10K and change tyres at 40/50k depending on the wear and tear.

I am not PHV, but normally I require to change every 30k or so because of heavy right foot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Tyre rotation sequence.jpeg

Thaiyotakamli, therock, lausai88, sake, Eviilusion and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:59 AM

Hope_n_pray
  • Premium member
    Hope_n_pray
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For my previous car, I will ask my workshop to rotate the tyres during each 10k servicing.

Current car, still have free servicing with AD but I guess they also do tyre rotation during each servicing.

sake and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:21 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When it comes to replacement time just look for the treadwear marker on the tires. Cos sometimes you can't keep track of so many things.

Tire%20Treadwear%202.jpg

I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:26 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For my previous car, I will ask my workshop to rotate the tyres during each 10k servicing.

Current car, still have free servicing with AD but I guess they also do tyre rotation during each servicing.

waaa. u which AD  do nice rotate free for u ??

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:38 AM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks just wanna know more, its not about cost since rotating cost $10-30.. but if my theory/thinking make sense or not. As rotating is to wear the tyre evenly, so first rotation at 10k, next at 30k and change tyre at 40k.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Every 10k rotation is universal rule to ensure that the tyres are properly checked out, balanced everytime to increase the overall life.

If we have staggered set up, we cannot recover as in the case of full 4 wheels rotation.

There are owners who do not do any rotation. So choice is yours. All the best. I would not take any chance in case of tyres.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if PHV i wouldn't bother to rotate. Assuming its FWD car, just change the fronts out when worn and replace them with the rears. the front rims get mounted with new tires and goes to the back.

New tires always at the rear.

sake praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

When it comes to replacement time just look for the treadwear marker on the tires. Cos sometimes you can't keep track of so many things.

Tire%20Treadwear%202.jpg

when it hits the wear bars its approximately 2/32in left or about 1.6mm depth. according to google searches most tire manufacturers recommend having 3mm left for summer tires used in the wet.

since we get so much rain here, it is better to change around 3mm so that the aqua planning is kept to a minimum.

New tires start out with 8mm of thread depth.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:34 AM

serenade
  • Premium member
    serenade
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I bought my PS4 from Soon Huat. Comes with free tyre rotation for life of tyre. Rotate every 10k km is recommended.  

As my annual mileage is low (12k per year), and I change tyres every 2.5 years due to the rubbers losing grip as it hardens in our weather, I end up doing a single rotation in the life time of the tyre. I time this for mid-life i.e between 12k to 15k km which is just over a year into its life.  Second half of tyre life, I drag a bit longer before replace, like 18k. By which time, I am less likely to push the car into corners like I do now.

I just rotated and re-balanced on my RWD car. Can't feel any difference between before and after. Still, is just a maintenance move to keep tyre wear even for the set for the next 15 months or so.  

sake praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:47 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

FYI, PHV rental cars workshop also don't rotate.

Check tyres.

If front wear, change front set, if rear wear, change rear set.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if PHV i wouldn't bother to rotate. Assuming its FWD car, just change the fronts out when worn and replace them with the rears. the front rims get mounted with new tires and goes to the back.

New tires always at the rear.

Sounds OK. Every 6mths 40-60k miles.

Too leichei to rotate every 1 mth.

FYI, PHV rental cars workshop also don't rotate.
Check tyres.
If front wear, change front set, if rear wear, change rear set.

Yup. Sounds OK not to rotate.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:02 PM

mengami
  • mengami
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thanks just wanna know more, its not about cost since rotating cost $10-30.. but if my theory/thinking make sense or not. As rotating is to wear the tyre evenly, so first rotation at 10k, next at 30k and change tyre at 40k.

I guess it makes sense mathematically but you'll miss one cycle of balancing and checking for defects. Also, different parts of the tire wear differently: the inside wears more than outside. By missing one cycle, you will wear the inside more.

Edited by mengami, 08 August 2018 - 09:18 PM.

Renaultsport Clio R27

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

sake
  • Premium member
    sake
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

rotate also useless

my SUV

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170828_1618211.jpg
  • IMG-20170828-WA00101.jpeg
  • 20170828_1555471.jpg

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Eng Wah Tyre & Battery

Eng Wah Tyre & Battery  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by thanlwinb  |  Neutral Newbie

I went for tyre & Rim change yesterday and quickly drawn in by genuine nature and professionalism of the owner (I think is Vincent) and his staff. I was given impartial and professional advises even outside of the specific repair job I was doing yesterday. Nice to be becoming friends with a guy like Vincent. My family has two cars and definitely this will be the shop we... » Read More

D Motorwerkz Pte Ltd

D Motorwerkz Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Iskandarsani  |  Neutral Newbie

Mine got battery light random flash for almost 6-7 month...And my alternator and battery keep failing 2 times within 6 month. 3 workshop and 1 of it is borneo motors can't even solve .. Borneo recommend me buy new car as they say my car suspect got electrical wire problem due to short from third party wiring n milage also high ard 260k ..Cost to repair estimated min 4k... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Tyres & Rims

Quick Reply

Tags: rotation, tyres, rims, tyre and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users