• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic | 198 praises

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

anyone sign up for this? free and sounds easy to use.

YouTrip mobile wallet lets users pay in 150 currencies and avoid fees
August 7th, 2018 | by Alfred Siew

A new mobile wallet now promises to make it easier to shop in foreign currency by removing the fees usually incurred when people buy things online or shop overseas.

The YouTrip wallet, launched today by EZ-Link, You Technologies and Mastercard, enables users to pay in more than 150 currencies without currency conversion or transaction fees.

It is targeted at a growing group of savvy shoppers who want the flexibility of paying in different currencies but without the usual cost of doing so.

The wallet automatically converts the currency using wholesale rates by the minute, so there are no markups, according to the companies. At the same time, it lets users take advantage of favourable exchange rates as well.

If you are travelling to Japan for holidays later in the year and the yen is now low compared to the Singapore dollar, you can store Japanese yen in the wallet for use later.

You can store up to 10 selected currencies – Singapore dollar, Hong Kong dollar and Japanese yen, to name three – so it pays to monitor when the rates favour you. This is a cashless alternative to going to the money changer and keeping cash at home.

The wallet is linked to a Mastercard prepaid card issued by EZ-Link, so you can also use it at more than 30 million merchants worldwide. And yes, you can pay for your MRT train rides in Singapore if you top up the card.

Like many such smart offerings now, a YouTrip account is free to sign up from today. There are no card fees and there is a no minimum account balance to keep.

An accompanying app on your phone also lets you monitor transactions on the go. Of course, try not to lose your phone as it is your mobile wallet as well.

The new service is a big deal for EZ-Link as it seeks out partners like the Hong Kong-based You Technologies and Mastercard to go beyond its stored-value card business.

Faced with nimbler rivals from overseas, such as China’s Alipay and Silicon Valley players like Apple and Google, EZ-Link has faced tough competition on a home turf it once took for granted.

The company had been slow when it came to adopting innovations in the market, chief executive officer Nicholas Lee told Channel NewsAsia in a report last week.

Lala81, kdash and 1 Anonymous member praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:54 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

So there is a physical card issued?

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

So there is a physical card issued?

i think using phone app and no card.

https://www.you.co/en-SG/

* edit - should be both app and physical card.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:59 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I assume cannot use for Taobao... Which charge 3% service charge per transaction. 

i think using phone app and no card.

https://www.you.co/en-SG/

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:05 AM

ManHong
  • Premium member
    ManHong
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I assume cannot use for Taobao... Which charge 3% service charge per transaction. 

Other than the 3% service charge, i realized there is another 5% currency difference if we purchase using credit card.

Same as if we buy RMB to topup Alipay using AXN machine..

If YouTrip would overcome that, i think i will use it alot~

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:07 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

you can link to your existing mastercard or request for a new debit mastercard from ezlink. 

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sounds like BS to me.

If there are no mark ups, where are they making the money?

Maybe it is the same as those moneychangers who advertise "no commission".

That is all.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:30 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So popular meh?

Screenshot_20180808-102721_YouTrip.jpg

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:42 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

i also got this message.  

if dun want to wait then link to your existing mastercard lor  [laugh]

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:57 AM

ManHong
  • Premium member
    ManHong
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i also got this message.  

can share how to do that?

their site only have the sign up and some FAQ

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:15 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Other than the 3% service charge, i realized there is another 5% currency difference if we purchase using credit card.
Same as if we buy RMB to topup Alipay using AXN machine..

If YouTrip would overcome that, i think i will use it alot~

That’s why when I’m overseas, i always make MCF proud and pay full cash....
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Probably going to link because overseas sometimes they don't accept Samsung pay/android pay. 

i also got this message.  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you can link to your existing mastercard or request for a new debit mastercard from ezlink. 

i am quite keen to sign up......going for my swiss trip in sep and biz trip to italy .....will be handy to use this instead of bring a stack of swiss francs and euros notes.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hard to believe

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:33 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hard to believe

yeah no commission fee, how to survive.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Minimal exchange rate margin and possibly very low commission. Unless usage is high, yes, very hard to survive.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:57 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You lost your Sinkie touch......

See good deal... Grab first..... Analyze later....  :D

Hard to believe

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You lost your Sinkie touch......

See good deal... Grab first..... Analyze later....  :D

[laugh] [laugh]

I still sign up lah but also got the waiting list message <_<

Newbie26 praised this

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:50 PM

Civic2000
  • Premium member
    Civic2000
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This is what they said:

"How Do We make Money?

Whenever you spend with your YouTrip card, we take a small commission of each purchase from the merchant through Mastercard as our revenue. We do not take any commission or mark-up from our user when you make a purchase with the YouTrip card nor when you are changing currencies at wholesale exchange rate in the YouTrip app."

When I shut my mouth and turn and walk away, it doesnt mean youve won. It simply means that you are not worth any more of my time.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:10 PM

Civic2000
  • Premium member
    Civic2000
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Just received sms from YouTrip, proceed to complete my application as advised and it is now being processed.

Attached Thumbnails

• fullsizeoutput_1560.jpeg

Vid praised this
When I shut my mouth and turn and walk away, it doesnt mean youve won. It simply means that you are not worth any more of my time.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mobile wallet, ezlink, youtrip and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users