Moon Cake Festival 2018!

DACH

The mid autumn festival lights at gardens by the bay this year was disappointing. smaller scale than last year. Not worth the visit.

Last year had some interesting displays.

• Praise 2

The mid autumn festival lights at gardens by the bay this year was disappointing. smaller scale than last year. Not worth the visit.

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning to wheel my in law there later in the week. Didn’t go last year but a year before that and it was good.

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning to wheel my in law there later in the week. Didn’t go last year but a year before that and it was good.

i really think this year was quite poor.

My 3rd year in a row. Last year was really good. 

2016, i missed out some exhibits cos i don't know where the lake was and the kids were younger.

• Praise 1

i know lah, but then i find both also not nice, people eat for traditional taste.

Both also not nice nowadays. Yet to find the good old taste during the 70s 80s...

i really think this year was quite poor.

My 3rd year in a row. Last year was really good.

2016, i missed out some exhibits cos i don't know where the lake was and the kids were younger.

It’s a loop towards the right at the end of the exhibit trail...Wife and I chanced upon it when we anyhow topo back to get the car...very nice with lots of brightly lit decorated dragon boats with lanterns along the waterway. Dark surroundings, thus the boats stood out nicely with reflection on the water.

• Praise 1

Both also not nice nowadays. Yet to find the good old taste during the 70s 80s...

It’s a loop towards the right at the end of the exhibit trail...Wife and I chanced upon it when we anyhow topo back to get the car...very nice with lots of brightly lit decorated dragon boats with lanterns along the waterway. Dark surroundings, thus the boats stood out nicely with reflection on the water.

yeah found it last year.

ok lah. good exercise to walk from meadow carpark

But zzz got like 4 dollars of ERP cos i went at about 6pm.

Smaller scale this year? I find about the same like last year le? Maybe this year no lights at the visitor centre area?

Smaller scale this year? I find about the same like last year le? Maybe this year no lights at the visitor centre area?

the display areas are the same, but less elaborate. especially the one at the lake area.

last year was nicer.

even the small light displays were all the same pattern whether at one end or the other end  [dead]

Edited by Lala81

Need to find in MY liao, mayb not even JB, further up north to those traditional shop house ones.. [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Need to find in MY liao, mayb not even JB, further up north to those traditional shop house ones.. [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

Found one very close to that taste in my office pantry one fine day back in the early 2000s. But the box only printed Prudential. It was a corporate gift.

• Praise 1

the display areas are the same, but less elaborate. especially the one at the lake area.

last year was nicer.

even the small light displays were all the same pattern whether at one end or the other end  [dead]

Less and less people are interested in looking at all these decos, so it's scaling down. 

For vegetarian mooncake, any recommendation ?

Last time there was one at Kitchener Road (Fut Sai Kai) not fancy but good but they closed down as the chef passed away , now Kwan Im restaurant in Queen street /Rochore area have

• Praise 2

For vegetarian mooncake, any recommendation ?

Bought mine from roadshow at Square2, the stall, if i remember correctly is called Hougang Confectionary. Bought mine is for praying to Kwan Im.

Last time there was one at Kitchener Road (Fut Sai Kai) not fancy but good but they closed down as the chef passed away , now Kwan Im restaurant in Queen street /Rochore area have

Ok, thanks .

Bought mine from roadshow at Square2, the stall, if i remember correctly is called Hougang Confectionary. Bought mine is for praying to Kwan Im.

Thanks, I am also looking praying in temple.

• Praise 1