How much do ADs make from trade in?

Kensh09

Some need to trade in car in order to enjoy the $5k discount etc. How much do they really make from trade in car or they are averaging out by earning some and losing some? If I push in a very basic or run down coe car the 5k seems not bad an offer for the body isn't it?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

They are making tons of money ..

Mark up the list price n discount heavily n make u wet wet..

Many go to the Dark side .. PI route..But many also tio gun due to PI run road..

Anyway, only in SGP where buying cars really jin stress unless money is not the issue

Thus , if u no pay full cash (show hand), better take MRT .. Cheaper n fasterer..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 8

Some need to trade in car in order to enjoy the $5k discount etc. How much do they really make from trade in car or they are averaging out by earning some and losing some? If I push in a very basic or run down coe car the 5k seems not bad an offer for the body isn't it?

min 10k from your trade in car + new car mark-up

• Praise 1

They are making tons of money ..

Mark up the list price n discount heavily n make u wet wet..

Many go to the Dark side .. PI route..But many also tio gun due to PI run road..

Anyway, only in SGP where buying cars really jin stress unless money is not the issue

Thus , if u no pay full cash (show hand), better take MRT .. Cheaper n fasterer..

PI does not carry every model and LL have to buy from AD sometimes

min 10k from your trade in car + new car mark-up

where do you get the 10k figure from?

I believe AD does not earn from trade in of the car. It is earn by the second hand car dealer, unless the AD also run the second hand car dealer company. They may earn some commission from the trade in from the second car dealer or SE earn. As you trade in your car with AD, AD will be able to give you further trade-in discount and your COE normally will sure becomes guarantee, even is non-guarantee. 

If you wanna trade in to AD...better let them have Coe ending one  [idea]

Cos confirm better than exporter price

AD overtrade at least more than that  [drivingcar]

whatever you traded in is actually the discount you should get without trade in. alternatively, they just mark up and then give you in term of trade in like the GSS. 

i think around 10k +_ depend on brand n model

I believe AD does not earn from trade in of the car. It is earn by the second hand car dealer, unless the AD also run the second hand car dealer company. They may earn some commission from the trade in from the second car dealer or SE earn. As you trade in your car with AD, AD will be able to give you further trade-in discount and your COE normally will sure becomes guarantee, even is non-guarantee. 

I notice ad com $5k when I trade in for my bmw

just go to sg car mart and -$20k off form the asking price for a similar model and reg date, this will be more or less your trade in price (am referring to conti).

(edited)

If you wanna trade in to AD...better let them have Coe ending one  [idea]

Cos confirm better than exporter price

AD overtrade at least more than that  [drivingcar]

I trade in my coe car of 12 years old, jap hatchback. Frankly speaking, I don't think I will be able to get 5k by scrapping it outside so it seems a good deal to me. One SE told me the trade in is a heng suay thing for them. Some they earn some they lose and they average out. 

Edited by Kensh09

Used car alone usually is $10K. Otherwise they won't take in your car one.

On top of that they also make:
$$$ from sale of new car
$$$ from you taking insurance

$$$ from you taking loan

$$$ from no. of years you do servicing with them

And not to forget, when they sell your used car:
$$$ from buyer taking insurance

$$$ from taking loan

• Praise 1

Used car alone usually is $10K. Otherwise they won't take in your car one.

On top of that they also make:

$$$ from sale of new car

$$$ from you taking insurance

$$$ from you taking loan

$$$ from no. of years you do servicing with them

And not to forget, when they sell your used car:

$$$ from buyer taking insurance

$$$ from taking loan

so where to sell to get 10k? Will do that myself if u have lobang.

I trade in my coe car of 12 years old, jap hatchback. Frankly speaking, I don't think I will be able to get 5k by scrapping it outside so it seems a good deal to me. One SE told me the trade in is a heng suay thing for them. Some they earn some they lose and they average out. 

You are right buddy  [thumbsup]

I asked exporter before but AD said no car for them no overtrade  [sly]

Of course I trade in to AD can get more discount lah  :XD:

The above is only applicable to Coe ending car  [idea]

BTW my last 3 cars all around 3 years old Kenna JiaLuck JiaLuck from AD...taking in all 3 units below 50% from my purchase price  [bigcry]

Younger car must sell ourselves 100% confirm  [drivingcar]

so where to sell to get 10k? Will do that myself if u have lobang.

You can sell it yourself if you wanna get a shot at the $10K profit that the AD would otherwise make (e.g buy your used car $90K and resell it at $100K market value later on or more). You can sell it yourself by listing it at $104K then sell at $100K if got genuine buyer.

But sometimes it's worth trading in because you can use the used car as a form of leverage to get more discounts for the next car.. thus making it seem like you didn't "lose" the $10K profit, as it would be lesser than that.

For me a bit too much hassle to sell myself so I trade in, bargain for best nett price for new car, or higher trade in value, every little bit helps, then just deal & move on, but to each his own.

Edited by StingerGT
  • Praise 2

You can sell it yourself if you wanna get a shot at the $10K profit that the AD would otherwise make (e.g buy your used car $90K and resell it at $100K market value later on or more). You can sell it yourself by listing it at $104K then sell at $100K if got genuine buyer.

But sometimes it's worth trading in because you can use the used car as a form of leverage to get more discounts for the next car.. thus making it seem like you didn't "lose" the $10K profit, as it would be lesser than that.

For me a bit too much hassle to sell myself so I trade in, bargain for best nett price for new car, or higher trade in value, every little bit helps, then just deal & move on, but to each his own.

Some money are mend for other to make.

That's why we have a lot of different profession.

Dun 看不开 ppl make your money.

The last time I sold my company van Own self.

I still remember kenna shoot to small case claim.

Make 2 or 3 trip to settle.

• Praise 3

$8k-$10k is the baseline

conti car ... smelly smelly made $15k

jiak your car, change the rim, give it a cheapo polish ghim ghim goot goot

then advertise doctor lawyer 2nd car ... sold in 60secs ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

if want to buy/sell, just look at final price and whether you ok with it or not. not ok then just walk away. people also need to cari makan...

These ppl hiam so much they might as well import their own car, service their own car etc etc. No need to worry how much others earn. LoL...

Become the govt too. Save on the import tax. You save 100% of the parf value. Dig your own crude oil and refine it too.

Meow.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3