Exporting My Car (End of COE)

mack88

Hi guys

My COE is due end of the month and I'm looking to export my car.

Any recommendation on who to check for prices?

I've gotten quotes from Quotz and motorist.sg so far.

Need a few more to compare.

Edited by mack88
↡ Advertisement

Just sell to the highest bidder once you get your quotes from the above.  Don't waste your effort.

Even popular cars like S-class would be worth a few thousands only.  I once sold off a near perfect 50k mileage E46 325Ci for 3k plus only.... 

In another case I stripped out the brake set and that fetched a few Ks more than what I would get selling the full body!

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

The offers you get now may not be the final price you will receive. Offers are subject to viewing and testing. Any on-paper price comparison may well be futile.

Just identify a credible offer from a credible buyer and transact. Don't bother to chase after the last dollar as you end up wasting time.

• Praise 3

Just sell to the highest bidder once you get your quotes from the above. Don't waste your effort.

Even popular cars like S-class would be worth a few thousands only. I once sold off a near perfect 50k mileage E46 325Ci for 3k plus only....

In another case I stripped out the brake set and that fetched a few Ks more than what I would get selling the full body!

I sold E39 520 with uplorry GB for

I sold E39 520 with uplorry GB for

Thats very good price [thumbsup]

My E60 lci 523i same 1.5 in Mar 2018 some more in good working condition  [bigcry]

I missed my inline 6  :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

caveat - some dealers offer to buy the car body without dereg at LTA, or promising to dereg only after car is export few weeks later

this can be very risky because LTA if never receive the export document, can refuse to refund you the min parf rebate n remaining coe rebate

• Praise 1

caveat - some dealers offer to buy the car body without dereg at LTA, or promising to dereg only after car is export few weeks later

this can be very risky because LTA if never receive the export document, can refuse to refund you the min parf rebate n remaining coe rebate

That's why when I scapped the altis last time, I collected the cheque for the body value and went to LTA @ sin ming personally to dereg hahahaha dare not take the chance  [laugh]

• Praise 1

scrap n export is different

if u drive to scrap yard, they can do dereg for u

but if u sell car body to exporters, they have to submit export document to lta for the parf rebate to u

if they didn't export u cant get back your paper value from lta

That's why when I scapped the altis last time, I collected the cheque for the body value and went to LTA @ sin ming personally to dereg hahahaha dare not take the chance [laugh]

scrap n export is different

if u drive to scrap yard, they can do dereg for u

but if u sell car body to exporters, they have to submit export document to lta for the parf rebate to u

if they didn't export u cant get back your paper value from lta

It was a yard but they exported the car, gave me a document to show lta when i went to dereg, is like a acknowledgement that they received the car from me and are prepping for export, LTA guy was quite nice, said they would follow up with the yard to receive the export documents and showedd me a sample from a revious customer. Eventually, received the PARF rebate after 3 weeks and also got the copy of the export documents, car sent to malaysia

↡ Advertisement