'Mystery prize vending machines' a form of public lottery

Jman888

Saw lots of these machines in MY. Was surprised to see it in Kota Bahru, supposed to be a strict muslim state. I also first time saw the machine and went to have a closer look. All over the machine was photos of ppl receiving their prizes. Like very easy to win.

Didnt try.

↡ Advertisement

Better replace all this tikam tikam illegal machines with this legal one:

post-128138-0-92995000-1534407554_thumb.jpg

No mystery gift nonsense, everything visible, what you see is what you get.

• Praise 10

Better replace all this tikam tikam illegal machines with this legal one:

Capture.JPG

No mystery gift nonsense, everything visible, what you see is what you get.

Where is this place?

When I young I invested a lot of money training on these machines.

I thought if all fails I could be a crane driver at PSA.

After so many years of practice I am confident I can get the main prize.

:D

• Praise 2

I said it before and I will say it again.

To help total fertility rate we should get more good looking young ladies from Thailand, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Vietnam.

Our future survival depends on it.

:D

• Praise 1

like a lottery board, you pick one and see what is the prize.

Oh... a raffle la....

Do they let you know what prizes there are before buying?

You must be quite young

You must be quite young ð

Because they don't consider this as gambling mah.

Here different, garmen don't get any advantages from this. Of course illegal lah.

maybe he has an elite childhood

chauffeured to and from school.. no chance to enjoy all these interesting games

• Praise 2

maybe he has an elite childhood

chauffeured to and from school.. no chance to enjoy all these interesting games

In a news statement, the police said they are aware some merchants are operating such machines in public areas, which dispense random prizes upon receipt of cash payment.

"As this is a form of public lottery, it is an offence under Section 5(a) of the Common Gaming Houses Act," they added.

icvending2160818.jpg

25653f1510ab456876bd73e00c519789.png

public lottery? sometimes our officials issue funny public statements.. life in singapore sure is stressful.

this trend has been around for so long now then the police catch onto it. is it because can't tax them? [laugh]

theres a shop at KSL selling surprise boxes. pay a certain amount of money n stand a chance to win certain items.

quite surprised at the idea.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mystery-vending-machines-a-form-of-public-lottery-merchants-told-to-stop-operations-police?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#Echobox=1534394307

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-police-warn-merchants-operating-mystery-prize-vending-machines-052225713.html

I think Singapore Pools may take over these machines soon and people who play have to pay for some silly taxes.

Since paying for something unknown to buyer is considered as tikam, what about the appointment of minister, CEO of SMRT, etc. etc. (we are paying for their salary package through taxes, but didn't get to choose who we want, isn't it?) ehmm... [crazy][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

That one not tikam.

It's chosen. All paper generals are the same.

• Praise 1

You mean tikam tikam is illegal? Last time play so many tikam tikam at mama shop.

how come you all pkay tikam-tikam at mama shop? Last time i play tikam tikam is usually during the 7 month chinese wayang. Old lady pushing bicycle with a big wooden box inside a lot of toys. Pay 10 or 20 cents nia and pick the folded matchbox papers. Seldom tio lar.....but best thing is the bicycle auntie knows which folded matchbox is the prize winner. In front of us she will pick one and it will always be the winner. Of course she wont give us the prize lar.

Turbocharged

like that also ban?

If like that lucky draws, toy capsule vending machine, funfair games stall, etc all must ban!

also those amusement park, which dispense a lot of those small little "tabs" and use it to exchange for gifts.

I think Singapore Pools may take over these machines soon and people who play have to pay for some silly taxes.

That one not tikam.

It's chosen. All paper generals are the same.

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 3