Coated, still getting water marks and scratches

Guysmokey

I believe glass coating helps but it will wear off quite fast within 6 months under rain and shine.

Eventually will wear off bah so need to go for maintenance to get another coating. It does not last forever especially if you wash with all the car wash shampoo and stuff. May last longer if wash with just water.
↡ Advertisement

Eventually will wear off bah so need to go for maintenance to get another coating. It does not last forever especially if you wash with all the car wash shampoo and stuff. May last longer if wash with just water.

Then what's the use of warranty?

Then what's the use of warranty?

Did they even specify what the warranty covers? If you wash your car with all the shampoo and waxes, I'm sure it won't last...

Did they even specify what the warranty covers? If you wash your car with all the shampoo and waxes, I'm sure it won't last...

If a coating that cost 1k cannot last, how about those mid range ones?

If a coating that cost 1k cannot last, how about those mid range ones?

Price is dependent on cost of product and overheads.  

Mid range can become expensive if overheads increases.

E.g. 

The cost of product is $50.

Freelance price can be the cheapest.

If the same product is applied in a shop,  the the overheads dramatically increases, thus the package price increase.

Therefore,  may already have one manpower washing the car before the coating,  this manpower will be "idle" while the car gets coated,  thus,  offering maintenance,  will ensure this one manpower is fully occupied.

Ceramic-glass-PSS was the craze 1-2yr ago. High price with high promises, high gloss, high protection min 2 - 10yr. Good to hear feedback from 1 -2yr users. This thread is saying even a premium $1K coating starts to breakdown in 6 mth and still must park car under shade and no wash with shampoo. Don sound so good so far.  

Edited by Matrix0405

Ceramic-glass-PSS was the craze 1-2yr ago. High price with high promises, high gloss, high protection min 2 - 10yr. Good to hear feedback from 1 -2yr users. This thread is saying even a premium $1K coating starts to breakdown in 6 mth and still must park car under shade and no wash with shampoo. Don sound so good so far.  

Eh....I would my car PPS quite good despite being on for more than 2 years.

While my harsh neglect has introduce water spot issue,   the coating, seemingly is still there as the left behind dark stains of bird poo still able to "evaporate" after suntanning.

Hi all,

last year my new car was coated (i paid over $1k for it) by one of the more reputable coating companies. Car was only 2 days old when it was coated.

6 months later, there were scratches on the boot surface, and water marks on boot, roof and bonnet. The applied hydrophobic effects on the windscreen is also gone. I sent the car back to touch up.

Another 8 months later, I had to respray certain panels because I cannot take the scratches. Yup, some ppl scratched my car. But besides that, I have many lines near the door handle, and lines on the bonnet and boot. I've never put anything on them.

The guy who repainted my car told me the water marks on my car very bad. I told him cos I park outdoor daily, thats why I know. I did coating to prevent, also cannot. I have to send it back to be re-coated.

So after 1 year 2 months of ownership, I don't think I get what I paid for. Maybe coating is not suitable for people who park outdoors. 

Am I the only one who feels that coating was over-rated? Or it has limited capabilities when it comes to handling the harsh weather, especially for people who park outdoors. What could be a better solution? (besides clean the car everyday! haha)

You should have used this one.

As tested on TV.

:D

I'm surprised by ur tone and your question on my honesty. I'm not sure if it will lead to a healthy discussion.

Why you still hide which pps company you go to? Is there honesty on your part?You trying to smoke us?

The car shampoo I use is for coated cars.

Hmmm.. shouldn't fail so fast given regular wash with shampoo. Speak to your applicator and see what he says.

My personal experience parking out door is if you parked under the tree and it rains, wash immediately without delay. The dirt and contaminants are really acidic and etch pretty fast. What I do is spray on water spots removal, the diy version will be mixing distilled vinegar with water, spray on surface and let it sits for 3 to 5 mins and wash with shampoo. Vinegar agitate the mineral but please note this does not remove those etched watermarks

Eh....I would my car PPS quite good despite being on for more than 2 years.

While my harsh neglect has introduce water spot issue,   the coating, seemingly is still there as the left behind dark stains of bird poo still able to "evaporate" after suntanning.

For outdoor parking, the PPS will help to prevent the bird poo from damaging the paint. As for water mark and scratches, PPS can't really protect against it. To prevent water mark, you need to immediately wash off and dry the car after rain before the sun shine on your car and bake the residue onto the PPS layer, another way is to use Wax to compliment the PPS to reduce water mark.

I'm surprised by ur tone and your question on my honesty. I'm not sure if it will lead to a healthy discussion.

Ok. The reason i doubt your honesty is because after 3 pages, we still do not know which shop you do your pps with. You are obviously avoiding the question. Why? You keep on saying the pps no good. But did you go back to them to let them have a chance to rectify?

Healthy discussion? Of course everyone wants that. But when a person keeps on avoiding the question, enough said about that person truthfulness

Edited by RogerNg_185295

imo, PPS is overrated.

We all like to believe putting a coat of whatever over the paint keeps the car in pristine condition, all the time.

So the more you pay, the "better" it will be.

The original paintwork has a top layer of clearcoat.

It is designed to be UV protective and provides a shine.

Now, we are convinced putting additional PPS over the whole thing is good.As long as you have deep pockets, it's fine.

• Praise 3

imo, PPS is overrated.

We all like to believe putting a coat of whatever over the paint keeps the car in pristine condition, all the time.

So the more you pay, the "better" it will be.

The original paintwork has a top layer of clearcoat.

It is designed to be UV protective and provides a shine.

Now, we are convinced putting additional PPS over the whole thing is good.As long as you have deep pockets, it's fine.

It's indeed overrated. But consumers like it. So many pps shops in Singapore. All want a share of the pie. How many are really good in aftersales service? Before sales, service superb. After that, how superb?
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

the car is only reg under your name, you rented it for next 10 years. after a few decades of going thru the same process, buy car, sell car and scrap car, you will still end up sitting inside a bus watching someone else (a younger chap) going thru what you used to go thru...and suddenly you started to count how much you had spent and still end up on a bus. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2