2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Turbocharged

https://www.subaru.asia/brochures/forester_specs_tw-en.pdf

I think is exactly same same I-S and I-L.

Ya pretty disappointed.not so much diff and the price so much diff with the old FNA.i hope is a marketing technique to clear the old stock...I been waiting for so long this model and the price hits me badly....tonight surely can’t sleep

The SE told me so..... they still selling the current FNA, need to have price differentiation... else current ride how to sell.....  [grin]

But I told the SE if everyone wait for new model to drop price, your current model end up cannot sell, then new model also cannot sell...  [laugh]  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the share and guess not unexpected at 112k as predicted months ago up till last 2 weeks against wishing thinking of then potential buyers compared to previous fna at about 90-95k ... some hoping for <100k infact.

But what does the presumably sports version of 119k include ? Last fna sports clearance was 3k nia and a whole host of goodies including fxt from bumper, expensive sports grill, sti components etc.

Btw, still no solar film on front windscreen by MI or they now take over the risks with insurers for owners ?

TIA and cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,no man,he never mentioned anything about the tinted.and no freebies mentioned as well, price is pretty fixed as I asked for further discount and got the negative reply.sad....
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the share and guess not unexpected at 112k as predicted months ago up till last 2 weeks against wishing thinking of then potential buyers compared to previous fna at about 90-95k ... some hoping for <100k infact.

But what does the presumably sports version of 119k include ? Last fna sports clearance was 3k nia and a whole host of goodies including fxt from bumper, expensive sports grill, sti components etc.

Btw, still no solar film on front windscreen by MI or they now take over the risks with insurers for owners ?

TIA and cheers.

Richard

Bro, according to SE, the I-L ES do not have sunroof....... only the I-S ES comes with sunroof...  pob will have some other diff... will need to wait for the specs sheet.

Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 1

Hi Eggroe,

Good for existing forester owners then especially for those who just booked or pending collection.

At the least, this is not the case of PA who pushed their A3 1.0 sedan at 119k and only to launch 1.4 version at 5k more nia which made existing owners blurred and upset since 1.0 version will be pushed down in value.

With this case of MI, it is still at least up to potential buyers to consider alternatives ... $ in pocket is king and $ out of pocket can only play pocket billiards .. lol !

If I have the choice and time on my side, I would wait for launch of the hybrid especially since boxer engine and leisure 2.0l of NA forester is not exactly FC friendly but with good size cabin that is great for the family.

Cheers.

Richard

wonder will hybrid ever reach SG shore since Subaru brand is not mass market here

Hi Richard,no man,he never mentioned anything about the tinted.and no freebies mentioned as well, price is pretty fixed as I asked for further discount and got the negative reply.sad....

Hi Derek,

Tks .. guess they wun dare say but my SE for then planned impreza eyesight quite steady to inform me and my wife when we about to sign booking after 3rd time test drive.

Thought long and hard but cannot accept that MI with many legal officers dun take risk to put solar film and expected me to do so when already paying 100k.

Was still hoping that MI now provide some migation and frankly still hoping they will be forced to do it when more potential buyers realised this risk .. with insurer on void of claim on non-standard fitment especially when MI does not do it instead.

Cheers.

Richard

Bro, according to SE, the I-L ES do not have sunroof....... only the I-S ES comes with sunroof... pob will have some other diff... will need to wait for the specs sheet.

Agreed.i actually gauge the diff by comparing through the Subaru Taiwan website,I believe highly the same.And this I-S ES is not the sport version.is just normal I-S ES version.i remembered I watched before in YouTube,there are such sport model in state

I have decided no to wait for the future price drop and to negotiate with the SE further,if he can trim the price down another 2k I will go ahead and book.My heart and hands are too much itchy cannot take it anymore

• Praise 1

Bro, according to SE, the I-L ES do not have sunroof....... only the I-S ES comes with sunroof... pob will have some other diff... will need to wait for the specs sheet.

Hi Nlatio,

Noted and tks ... guess MI got nothing to upsell until hybrid is available and had to do this artificial tiering.

Come on .. even sj5 fna also had sunroof and only when sjg fxt is a goner that they also created this upsell sport version for sj5 fna which I have to say is very worthwhile.

Often bros only consider lower price for aftermkt lower cost accessories but they should be aware that:

- accident with AD's accessories included during booking is covered .. even buying later and fitting does not and aftermkt dun have to say

- always a risk of insurers voiding accident claim on 3rd party and even oem subaru accessories

Cheers.

Richard

wonder will hybrid ever reach SG shore since Subaru brand is not mass market here

Hi Jp,

MI already announced during launch in Taiwan and without 2.5l version and certainly no more turbo charged version, 95% sure hybrid version will be launch.

It will be the first hybrid subaru and this is a big selling point for them ... more profit opportunity which MI wun not miss one.

Cheers.

Richard

Agreed.i actually gauge the diff by comparing through the Subaru Taiwan website,I believe highly the same.And this I-S ES is not the sport version.is just normal I-S ES version.i remembered I watched before in YouTube,there are such sport model in state

I have decided no to wait for the future price drop and to negotiate with the SE further,if he can trim the price down another 2k I will go ahead and book.My heart and hands are too much itchy cannot take it anymore

Hi Derek,

Hope you request and get MI to install the solar film on windscreen for you which I failed to ... hot weather last few days should tell you that the big windscreen of forester is not a joke without it with several of us resorting to 2nd layers for our current forester and my case with 1st layer of top end 3M crystalline film at 1.1k .. lol !

Best of luck and still dun think MI should leave it to potential buyers to take over the risk when they have much more legal firepower than individual owners when insurers void claim.

Cheers.

Richard

When 1.6L Turbo Levorg is out, i was hoping that the next generation Forester will come with such engine as Tuson so as to cut down the road tax, insurance and probably FC than their current old model. To my disappointment this doesnt materialize

Hi Lot,

I bet hybrid will be released .. MI wun missed such an opportunity to upsized ... 1st subaru hybrid here.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Derek,

USA sports version also only on accessories and trim .. still same engine specification and performance.

They only have 2.5l version unless hybrid is launched there cos it is 2.0l but US owners like big engine and not too hot on hybrid.

Cheers.

Richard

I watched some 2019 forester 2.0 reviews from Taiwan, they criticized it underpowered, and expect to import 2.5L version at least, is it true?

I thought the new Forester 2.0 already increase power than existing FNA, can any existing FNA owner share how is the feeling of engine power?

Hi MQX,

My understanding is no 2.5l from MI ... 2.5L only in USA with no 2.0l.

Hybrid had been announced to be made available by MI.

Cheers.

Richard

Hahaha. So, going for the old forester then?

Btw, I was tracking forester historical price. I think price went down a month after itâs first launch. So maybe this is the case too? (So that people will plunge into the old forester)

U got the specs of the SG version?

Hi Eggroe,

This newly release should be SK version and not earlier typo I think SG.

Cheers.

Richard

Iâm sure itâs a gimmick. Should come off after a few months if u can hold off your purchase (assuming COE doesnât go up).

But I like the new MFD. looks so much better!! If only can upgrade he old FNA to that. Hehe.

Anyway, assuming itâs exactly the same, u get quite a fair bit of lifestyle improvements.

1. Eyesight

2. Blind spot detection

3. Rear cross traffic detection

4. Drivers memory seat function

5. Bigger HU with Harmon Kardon?

But, what the heck is an auto tailgate with memory function?

Hi eggroe,

Current sjg tailgate is already with settable memory function for perhap wife who are shorter and struggles with reaching the preas button.

More here:

https://www.mastrosubaru.com/how-to-memory-tailgate.htm

Best is to simply set to highest to avoid painful knocks and just install kick sensor now commonly available.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Eggroe,

This newly release should be SK version and not earlier typo I think SG.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi eggroe,

Current sjg tailgate is already with settable memory function for perhap wife who are shorter and struggles with reaching the preas button.

More here:

https://www.mastrosubaru.com/how-to-memory-tailgate.htm

Best is to simply set to highest to avoid painful knocks and just install kick sensor now commonly available.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Pardon my ignorance. I assumed that Singapore specs/features would be different than Taiwan. When I said SG, I actually meant Singapore. Lol

Thanks for the clarification on memory tailgate. Makes a lot more sense now.

At this selling price for the new Forester 2019, if I am going to market now, I am quite sure, I will grab the remaining stock for FXT (shld be $128k before 3k discount)! LOL..... but too bad, I went in too earlier..... :a-bang:

Edited by titaniclexus
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi Derek,

Hope you request and get MI to install the solar film on windscreen for you which I failed to ... hot weather last few days should tell you that the big windscreen of forester is not a joke without it with several of us resorting to 2nd layers for our current forester and my case with 1st layer of top end 3M crystalline film at 1.1k .. lol !

Best of luck and still dun think MI should leave it to potential buyers to take over the risk when they have much more legal firepower than individual owners when insurers void claim.

Cheers.

Richard

Bro, SE cfm will be the same... due to the eyesight lenses, no solar flim.....  [shakehead]  :a-bang:

Bro, SE cfm will be the same... due to the eyesight lenses, no solar flim..... [shakehead]:a-bang:

Hi Niato,

Noted and thanks .. hope MI mitigate else owners find out later their SEs did not inform them will be not be very nice.

This is 100k purchase, 2nd only to buying housing for typical family and serious shit imho.

Cheers.

Richard

Just curious, do you mean that MI said cannot install solar film cos of the eyesight?

(edited)

Just curious, do you mean that MI said cannot install solar film cos of the eyesight?

Hi record,

Sorry for not being clear .. MI will install solar film for all windows except front windscreen.

Fuji Industries aka Subaru Japan warned of interference of eyesight functioning properly on any added films on windscreen and hence MI will not install solar film on windscreen.

Perhaps ok for the 70% market of usa with 3 or less mths of summer but I bet tropical countries like Singapore with nice hot sunny days for 365 days a year will not appreciates.

MI should push Subaru Japan to fix this or take up the risk with insurers to install but instead leave it to buyers to do so .. I found out cos booking preferred Impreza 10 weeks ago after 3rd test drive but SE nice enuff to informed me and I booked the mazda 6 about 8 weeks back without such limitation since MI refuses to do so.

Hope this clarifies and cheers.

Richard

PS: heard some SEs din even informed buyers on this lack of solar filmnon windscreen which is standard affair in Singapore that leave owners wondering why the heat and no choice but to take up risk with insurers to fix at 3rd party shops

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi bb,

Hybrid 2.0l not launched from price list and only mentioned like taiwan launch also, right ?

Only 2.5l and surprising to see eyesight still only optional and not standard like local xv and imprezza but also good .. can install solar film on windscreen without ..else shudders thinking about the heat in the last fews days or risk to put your own still MI still refuses to do so.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, Hybrid 2.0l is an official launch in China only but not in TW or SG. Not sure why China could have it launched so early. So sad to hear the price of 112k in SG as was prepared to book if the price is around 105k. 

• Praise 1

Hi Richard, Hybrid 2.0l is an official launch in China only but not in TW or SG. Not sure why China could have it launched so early. So sad to hear the price of 112k in SG as was prepared to book if the price is around 105k. 

Simple reason.... cos China pollution is one of the worst in the world.... :a-SOS:

Edited by titaniclexus
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1