Msia: All existing AES summonses to be wiped out

Sdf4786k

Chin hosay liao

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/17/loke-all-existing-aes-summonses-to-be-wiped-out/

All existing summons issued under the Automated Enforcement System (AES) will be wiped out, with offending drivers getting off the hook. 

The move follows the Cabinet’s decision to take over the full operations of AES in the country from two private companies, effective Sept 1. 

Transport Minister Anthony Loke said there were 3.1 million unpaid summonses as of May, which could be worth up to RM430mil. 

“This is a one-off," he stressed. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

those who paid their fines hard luck. those who did not pay - clap clap to PH govt...

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/3-1-million-summons-fines-121142375.html

PUTRAJAYA: A total of 3.1 million Automated Enforcement System (AES) summons with fines totalling RM435 million will be cancelled.

Transport Minister Anthony Loke said, as part of Pakatan Harapan’s 100-day pledge, the cabinet today decided that summons issued since 2012 would be cancelled.

“In conjunction with the upcoming Hari Raya Aidil Adha celebration, we have decided to korban (sacrifice) the RM435 million. This is a one-off,” he said, adding that such cancellations would not be offered after August 31.

“For the next five years under the Pakatan Harapan government, there will not be a second time. There won’t be such offers or discounts.”

He said those who had already paid their summons (18 per cent or 659,934 of the total number of summons issued) would not be refunded.

“I’m sorry to say that there won’t be any refunds for those who have paid as the government can’t afford it. In the spirit of korban, those who have paid have to korban what they have paid.”

• Praise 4

cry papa cry mama bo lui

but write off RM435milions ... almost 1/2 billion?

but again who pay msia summons? lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Chin hosay liao

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/17/loke-all-existing-aes-summonses-to-be-wiped-out/

All existing summons issued under the Automated Enforcement System (AES) will be wiped out, with offending drivers getting off the hook. 

The move follows the Cabinet’s decision to take over the full operations of AES in the country from two private companies, effective Sept 1. 

Transport Minister Anthony Loke said there were 3.1 million unpaid summonses as of May, which could be worth up to RM430mil. 

“This is a one-off," he stressed. 

New thread please. Don't hide it under irrelevant threads. Thanks.

• Praise 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-cancels-traffic-summons-aes-system-loke-10627192?cid=FBcna

Government did not earn the full sum summon. Part of the summon goes to that 2 companies.

So now government going to take over. Means future summon all government take. Maybe future also harder to escape from not paying summon as government take over means they could integrate to central system whereby if did not pay summon custom have car plate number record, cannot go out jb or enter jb. Have to settle the summon then can go in and out of jb.

Edited by Yewheng

No, i'm a sinkie.

hmm i gana fined at Msia customs recently for lane obstruction, do i get a waiver too ah?  [:p]

bro how u got 2100 siah? thats alot!

Edited by Metalslug2

(edited)

New thread please. Don't hide it under irrelevant threads. Thanks.

and incur the wrath of @rad x

U guys go decied lor.. I dont want to kanna this type of warning .. else u split and made me thread of the month can ?  [:p]  [laugh]  [smash]   :a-fun:

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

yalor. sekali ah long recognise car but dont recognise driver ... [sweatdrop]

Exactly! 1st thing 1st is to change VRN when getting a pre-owned vehicle.
  • Praise 7