NDP Rally - did it hit the right note?

therock

if a ruling govt wait till whole estate turn 99 years and take back the flats at the same time, there will be a huge political cost.  will almost certainly cost the ruling govt the constituency.  this is one way to divide and (continue to) rule.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

likely prorated base on the new BTO price at the time of VERS

eg say a 70yr old put up for VERS, the value should be [no of remaining yr / 99 yr] x [psf of new BTO in the same vicinity at the time of VERS]

The value is 0% at 99-years, but how much at 70 years? Is it 30% of the lease value? And what is that compared to BTO price or market value?

It will still have an impact on old flats -- 40 years or older -- because it will drop to a known value at 70 years old.

...just not from their salary......thank you very much

Ok, now you all got all the reasons why they need to increase GST....... what HIP2, VERS, MERDERKA package etc etc ...... Akan datang......

Money must come from somewhere la .... siow Liao lah....

inflation does not exist just for land cost

your wage is also increasing

cost of capital also increasing

all rise in tandem, nothing exist on its own accord

factors are inter-linked; likewise the changes

i dont see it that way. Yes the land price increase but the landlord had already leased it at a locked price for a definite period. Rental increase is due to maximising profits......business owners get squeezed who in turn squeeze the workers and customers with stagnant pay and higher product price.

short term inefficiency maybe

but there is a limit how much each factor can go up on its own

individual factor doesnt just go up alone without due regards to other factors of production

say land price vs capital cost vs wages, all rise in tandem

that's the way inflation works

i dont see it that way. Yes the land price increase but the landlord had already leased it at a locked price for a definite period. Rental increase is due to maximising profits......business owners get squeezed who in turn squeeze the workers and customers with stagnant pay and higher product price.

likely prorated base on the new BTO price at the time of VERS

eg say a 70yr old put up for VERS, the value should be [no of remaining yr / 99 yr] x [psf of new BTO in the same vicinity at the time of VERS]

Dont say so early as government havent even start working on this yet. It was just announced by PM lee.

The rest of the details may need 10 yrs later then they will start to work out what is the calculation.

Dont say so early as government havent even start working on this yet. It was just announced by PM lee.

The rest of the details may need 10 yrs later then they will start to work out what is the calculation.

I think there are ample time for them to work out this VERS, since the oldest hdb flat here think only about 50 years lo. Still need to wait at least another 20 years before the flat reach 70 years. By then dont know what will sg become liao?!

• Praise 1

dont worry so much

let tomorrow worry itself

• Praise 2

short term inefficiency maybe

but there is a limit how much each factor can go up on its own

individual factor doesnt just go up alone without due regards to other factors of production

say land price vs capital cost vs wages, all rise in tandem

that's the way inflation works

yes its about inflation and dont we agree that the normal man in the street salary is out of sync with it. We are most probably the only developed country that doesnt have a minimum wage system for the lower strata and also doesnt have a maximum wage system for the government leaders which by now everybody knows is like comparing glass to a diamond. Not that i agree on minimum wage but its the only way to prevent exploitation of the dont-have. How should it work......i am noy paid millions for the year so i will let those that are paid that amount squeeze their brand and let them have their brain exercise.

i think govt has their reason for not implementing such schemes

may be detrimental in the long term and not in sync with the meritocracy system

i also think the 1g-3g govt has done a fantastic job so far, hope the 4g leaders can do a better job

yes its about inflation and dont we agree that the normal man in the street salary is out of sync with it. We are most probably the only developed country that doesnt have a minimum wage system for the lower strata and also doesnt have a maximum wage system for the government leaders which by now everybody knows is like comparing glass to a diamond. Not that i agree on minimum wage but its the only way to prevent exploitation of the dont-have. How should it work......i am noy paid millions for the year so i will let those that are paid that amount squeeze their brand and let them have their brain exercise.

I think there are ample time for them to work out this VERS, since the oldest hdb flat here think only about 50 years lo. Still need to wait at least another 20 years before the flat reach 70 years. By then dont know what will sg become liao?!

suddenly they stop en-bloc exercise and pushing and reminding us of the 99 yrs lease clause. Are they loosing money on en-bloc exercise, i doubt so but what gives? Are we raiding the reserves, nope, as the land still belongs to tge gov. Do we earn from it? probably yes for a majority that had gone through such an exercise. There are ripples under the water and i wont be surprised if they are pushing something new for public housing in a decade or 2.

i think govt has their reason for not implementing such schemes

may be detrimental in the long term and not in sync with the meritocracy system

i also think the 1g-3g govt has done a fantastic job so far, hope the 4g leaders can do a better job

lets hope so and lets hope our future generation doesnt become a slave to the system.