2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Agreed, front design not great but I think still an improvement over the current one. The main problem is the front grille is too big, looks so ugly. The new one at least the angles make it look less obvious

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I'm really hoping Komoco does away with all the NA engines and just bring in the 1.0, 1.4 & 1.6 turbo engines... would be really cool... detune the 1.4 turbo to meet Cat A.

• Praise 1

This is probably more of FL than new model? Since the current gen model quite recent only.

That said, the rear lights will be good looking but I can’t say the same for the front headlights. Overly sharp.

• Praise 1

I somehow felt the MD model was the best design before this "Peter" design model AD came about. That generation, the Sonata and currently still selling Accent, those design really stood out.

AD Elantra design one look, I felt the lost in Hyundai origins, most obvious is the Audish grille and angular design. Now with this facelift, I don't know what design language direction Hyundai is heading, it is like not here and there.

The range when Hyundai first adopt the fluid sculpture design, I personally felt it really gave Hyundai its identity and really stood out for both the exterior and interior design. After this, is just adopting the Audi DNA because of the designer. The same designer done it well for Kia but not Hyundai...

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 2

Facelifted Elantra introduction in USA. Fast forward to 3:00 onwards to see the entire view. Apparently this is a major and expensive facelift, as explain in the clip if you watch from the start. I think it doesn't look too bad. Front nose looks more rounded off perhaps for more pedestrian safety cushioning. Interior seemingly top dashboard around the instrumental cowling slightly different design and minor design changes with chrome touches to the aircon vents.

https://youtu.be/N1o29VdkZwg

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 3

Facelifted Elantra introduction in USA. Fast forward to 3:00 onwards to see the entire view. Apparently this is a major and expensive facelift, as explain in the clip if you watch from the start. I think it doesn't look too bad. Front nose looks more rounded off perhaps for more pedestrian safety cushioning. Interior seemingly top dashboard around the instrumental cowling slightly different design and minor design changes with chrome touches to the aircon vents.

https://youtu.be/N1o29VdkZwg

thanks for sharing.

on second look the new mid life facelift gonna challenge the honda and Altis and Mazda positively

Edited by Contipro
  • Praise 1

The front looks very Toyota.

Hyundai hired an uncreative ex-Audi designer and revolutionised his work from Audi onto Hyundai. Current era Hyundai design under this designer is just plain and lack of origin and that is why the "looks like this and that makes / model" resulted.
  • Praise 1

The headlight design puts me off. I think its ugly. 

agreed.

It looks futuristic/modern but it doesn't look stylish. The current car has some curves  [gorgeous] though i think the rear of the new car looks pretty nice.

Edited by Lala81

The front looks very Toyota.

the front yeah looks like a new toyota.

modern. But doesn't really rock my boat.

The rear looks ok. 

The rear lights are quite special... especially the angled LED tubes... but the front lamps look like a permanent glare... and the way the tip of the lamp poke into grille is rather weird... the lamp is super angular being a triangle but the front of the car including the grille portion is so rounded... rather jarring... the bonnet line with the kink from the side view makes that view look more expensive than the car really is... the interior isn't much different from what the current Elantra is like now is it? The central console and screen - the top part looks like my Sonata... a bit staid... the chrome accents on the aircon vents are a nice touch but some may not like it.

can make out where are the rear signal lights ?... at rear light cluster or bumper

XcfqnQC.png

Signal lights are in the light cluster units while reverse lights are on the bumper. I have the same question pops out but is for the front. I wonder where are the signal lights at the front. Edited by Heartbreakid

Watched the video again... some parts are really nice... like that one-way glass DRL trick lamp... and the rear... the bottom of the front view is quite nice too... but it's kind of negated by the lights and grille integration... I don't know... mixed feelings... I think the current model looks really great! And this is supposed to be a mid-model facelift... it's substantially different in look... wow! But a bit let down too... ha ha...

Anyway I don't see how the front looks like a Altis since the Altis has a pinched look ending with the Toyota badge...