Claim Malaysia car insurance

Eric76

Hi guys met one accident last sat which involved one malaysia lorry, was parked my car behind it on one road side and it suddenly reverse hit my car front, no injury as was not inside the car and police report made. Called my insurance and was informed very difficult to claim them and take very long time, and they ask me to find myself any shop good in claim malaysia vehicles [mad] . SO bad luck, can check any guys here know any shop good in doing such claim?

many tks 

↡ Advertisement

local car just need report police can get away with their mistake, whats more for foreign vehicle. 

sorry to hear your plight. If not too badly damage, just fix it and save the hassle.

• Praise 1

Hi guys met one accident last sat which involved one malaysia lorry, was parked my car behind it on one road side and it suddenly reverse hit my car front, no injury as was not inside the car and police report made. Called my insurance and was informed very difficult to claim them and take very long time, and they ask me to find myself any shop good in claim malaysia vehicles [mad] . SO bad luck, can check any guys here know any shop good in doing such claim?

many tks 

did u manage to get the other driver contact number?

if so, try to convince him to pay for the damages (try repairing back as much as possible coz u not gonna get much but better than nothing)...good luck 

local car just need  NOT report police can get away with their mistake, whats more for foreign vehicle. 

sorry to hear your plight. If not too badly damage, just fix it and save the hassle.

i self correct.

(edited)

did u manage to get the other driver contact number?

if so, try to convince him to pay for the damages (try repairing back as much as possible coz u not gonna get much but better than nothing)...good luck 

I called the TP to come down and he got take down both driver particular and take photo of the incident, police report after that with IO number written. Damage quit bad as it was a big trailer, i think my bonnet cover has to be replaced. The trailer boss don't want to pay any ask me go insurance 

Edited by Eric76

I called the TP to come down and he got take down both driver particular and take photo of the incident, police report after that with IO number written. Damage quit bad as it was a big trailer, i think my bonnet cover has to be replaced. The trailer boss don't want to pay any ask me go insurance 

Got hit from behind while in Melarka last year.lucky an repair agent appears within mins and help me repair and claim full from the lady driver.End up staying another 3 days with hotel paid and a replacement car.Was told by the helpfull agent the most important thing is that you must make sure both party goes to the nearest police station to make report and also they must admit guilt .(my case i got car cam)If not possible at least police are at sites to record both drivers particulars.If no police reports are made it is very diffcult to make claims from Singapore.The best is to have your car repair in Malaysia and let the repair shop make the cliams directly to the other party's insurance but make sure also you have a written agreement between urself and the repairman/shop that you will not have to pay a single cents as you are on the winning side.Was told even with reports made or videocam once you leave Malaysia and claiming from here you will still have to pay for all repairs first while they try to claim back from Malaysia insurance which is normally very diffcult and normally it would take years if even its successful.

• Praise 5

That's y every time I see foreign cars behind me, I will always change lane to let him overtake.. It's too much hassle. If meet accident. Sg car claim sg car already so mafan, let alone foreign vehs.

I know it's unjustifiable, but if your damage is too bad, either claim own insurance or fork out own money. Sorry to say this, but your claim might bring you to nowhere.

Got hit from behind while in Melarka last year.lucky an repair agent appears within mins and help me repair and claim full from the lady driver.End up staying another 3 days with hotel paid and a replacement car.Was told by the helpfull agent the most important thing is that you must make sure both party goes to the nearest police station to make report and also they must admit guilt .(my case i got car cam)If not possible at least police are at sites to record both drivers particulars.If no police reports are made it is very diffcult to make claims from Singapore.The best is to have your car repair in Malaysia and let the repair shop make the cliams directly to the other party's insurance but make sure also you have a written agreement between urself and the repairman/shop that you will not have to pay a single cents as you are on the winning side.Was told even with reports made or videocam once you leave Malaysia and claiming from here you will still have to pay for all repairs first while they try to claim back from Malaysia insurance which is normally very diffcult and normally it would take years if even its successful.

Tks for the info bro, i think that's y the insurance company even ask me to find any shop "GOOD" in claiming M vehicles. Anyway had followed the SOP and police report made properly, the driver also admitted his mistake on the spot to TP, and there's plenty of witnesses as it's outside one construction site entrance. will claim my own insurance first as can't wait, but definitely will pursue the case with them, either success or not had to fight for the right, sg road is not Malaysia car's heaven

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

May I have the contact details of your repair agent that assisted you to make a claim in Malaysia.