Grab driver challenges himself to work for 24 hours

StreetFight3r

post-141090-0-81281600-1534903204_thumb.jpg

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/grab-driver-challenges-himself-24-030321825.html

A Grab driver who goes by the name of Sonic (gotta go fast after all) recounted on Facebook his experience in pushing himself to work for 24 hours as a personal challenge — an ordeal that earned him $912 in total from the 59 jobs he took.

Wanting to prove that it is actually possible to rake in close to $1,000 on a weekday, the Grab driver embarked on his quest on Monday, when the clock struck midnight. The man even uploaded video logs of his 24-hour work day on the ProDriver IncGrab driver community page on Facebook to show his progress. In the first clip, he mentioned that he would begin the shift at Changi Airport, acknowledging that it would be pretty hard to get many passengers on a Monday.

“I strongly advise against driving such long hours because it’s actually very dangerous for yourself and the rider,” he urged. “Rest assured that I will stop if I feel too tired, but I’m very well rested over the weekend”.

Grab driver challenges himself to work 24 hours. just how safe is it to drive 24 hours a day? thought commercial drivers got limitations to the number of hours they can drive a day? or not applicable to grab drivers? endangering other road users also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Super dangerous to work 24 hours in any case, esp if you are driving. You would be too tired to focus on the road and your reaction on the road would be slow if you drive too long on the road.

• Praise 3

attachicon.gif4ab1cb6e2576a1c35ce730fe720aad59.jpg

A Grab driver who goes by the name of Sonic (

after all) recounted on Facebook his experience in pushing himself to work for 24 hours as a personal challenge — an ordeal that earned him $912 in total from the 59 jobs he took.

Wanting to prove that it is actually possible to rake in close to $1,000 on a weekday, the Grab driver embarked on his quest on Monday, when the clock struck midnight. The man even uploaded video logs of his 24-hour work day on the ProDriver IncGrab driver community page on Facebook to show his progress. In the first clip, he mentioned that he would begin the shift at Changi Airport, acknowledging that it would be pretty hard to get many passengers on a Monday.

“I strongly advise against driving such long hours because it’s actually very dangerous for yourself and the rider,” he urged. “Rest assured that I will stop if I feel too tired, but I’m very well rested over the weekend”.

Grab driver challenges himself to work 24 hours. just how safe is it to drive 24 hours a day? thought commercial drivers got limitations to the number of hours they can drive a day? or not applicable to grab drivers? endangering other road users also.

even before Grab i have heard of limo drivers doing jobs on a few days stretch........only rest and sleep for a few hrs inside the car and zoomed for jobs even before the break of dawn. Target is to buy their own vehicle (cash) within 6 month and retire within a few yrs. Quite a stretch i would say.
  • Praise 1

There are other car related challenges:

- Jeremy Clarkson racing the sun in a Jaguar XJ

- Multiple attempts at the fastest New York to LA run, AKA The Cannonball Run

- Most countries visited by land in 24 hours

The point about a challenge isn't so that you would do it on a daily basis, but to prove if it could be done, and if so, how difficult it is. This Grab driver failed to hit his arbitrarily-set figure of $1,000 earnings, but he can now attest how difficult it is to stay awake and alert for the full 24 hour shift. 

even before Grab i have heard of limo drivers doing jobs on a few days stretch........only rest and sleep for a few hrs inside the car and zoomed for jobs even before the break of dawn. Target is to buy their own vehicle (cash) within 6 month and retire within a few yrs. Quite a stretch i would say.

Overwork might lead to many health problems or even accident.

Overwork might lead to many health problems or even accident.

my brother who is in that trade told me......most of those who were doing so are his friends. We agreed that these drivers are gila and out of their mind....

Although this practice is not encouraged on a daily basis, once in a while challenge yourself on this as long as you have more than enough rest before the challenge and know when to stop if you really tired and don't push yourself anymore.

At least this guy knows that it is crazy to do this and spread the message of the cons of overwork for 24 hours, especially to those whom do it frequently.

attachicon.gif4ab1cb6e2576a1c35ce730fe720aad59.jpg

A Grab driver who goes by the name of Sonic (gotta go fast after all) recounted on Facebook his experience in pushing himself to work for 24 hours as a personal challenge — an ordeal that earned him $912 in total from the 59 jobs he took.

Wanting to prove that it is actually possible to rake in close to $1,000 on a weekday, the Grab driver embarked on his quest on Monday, when the clock struck midnight. The man even uploaded video logs of his 24-hour work day on the ProDriver IncGrab driver community page on Facebook to show his progress. In the first clip, he mentioned that he would begin the shift at Changi Airport, acknowledging that it would be pretty hard to get many passengers on a Monday.

A lot of GRAB drivers will be tempted to work for 24hours after reading this.

What happened to LTA SAFETY REGULATIONS ?

Is there any safety regulations for compulsory rest after XX hour-of-driving ?

Look like you can never be assured the next GRAB car you book is safe or not.

Edited by Imac
  • Praise 4

Want to prove a point, don't use unsuspecting GRAB passengers as lab rats.

His disclaimer at the end about "Rest assured that I will stop if I feel too tired" is total bull crap.

It is akin to a drunk driver saying he will stop driving if he feels he cannot react and make the right judgement behind the wheels.

<_<

There are other car related challenges:

- Jeremy Clarkson racing the sun in a Jaguar XJ

- Multiple attempts at the fastest New York to LA run, AKA The Cannonball Run

- Most countries visited by land in 24 hours

The point about a challenge isn't so that you would do it on a daily basis, but to prove if it could be done, and if so, how difficult it is. This Grab driver failed to hit his arbitrarily-set figure of $1,000 earnings, but he can now attest how difficult it is to stay awake and alert for the full 24 hour shift. 

• Praise 8

see my previous point about risking other's life for own stupid challenge.

Although this practice is not encouraged on a daily basis, once in a while challenge yourself on this as long as you have more than enough rest before the challenge and know when to stop if you really tired and don't push yourself anymore.
At least this guy knows that it is crazy to do this and spread the message of the cons of overwork for 24 hours, especially to those whom do it frequently.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/about-this-show/tired-vs-drunk-driving/

Driving Tired

tired-vs-drunk-driving0-1.jpg

As seen in "MythBusters: Arrow Machine Gun"
DCL

Finding: CONFIRMED

Explanation: A recent study conducted by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety found that drowsy drivers are responsible for one in six — or 17 percent - of fatal car accidents. But is getting behind the wheel without shut-eye more dangerous than driving after a couple of drinks? MythBusters Tory Belleci and Kari Byron stayed up for 30 straight hours to find out.

Before judging how well they drove tipsy versus tired, Tory and Kari first took driving tests on two different courses while they were sober and well-rested to establish an experimental baseline. The first course was meant to mimic city traffic, with snaking turns, stoplights and parallel parking. The second, more monotonous course involved making 25 laps around a track to evaluate the drivers' attention spans.

Although both situations - downing a couple of shots and staying up all night - clearly impaired Tory and Kari's driving skills, causing them to make mistakes and veer out of their lanes, the lack of sleep had more dangerous effects. Compared with cruising around while tipsy, sleep deprivation caused Tory to drive 10 times worse; sleepy Kari's driving was three times more erratic.

Although getting behind the wheel while groggy isn't illegal, the confirmed myth is a wake-up call that driving tired equals driving impaired.

"Sonic urged other Grab Drivers not to attempt the same stunt — the challenge was just carried out to share that anyone can have a sustainable income as a private-hire driver with some knowledge and productivity."

Rubbish. The test only shows that you can have money by selling your health and safety. Nothing to do with knowledge and productivity.

• Praise 3

Agree

Wanna die, ownself die ok, dun bring others w u

yah man, want to prove a point, go find some ghost road and drive in  and out for 24 hrs, WTF putting his passengers and other road users at risk.  Really irresponsible, this type sld be taken off the road. -_-   <_<

• Praise 2

A lot of GRAB drivers will be tempted to work for 24hours after reading this.

What happened to LTA SAFETY REGULATIONS ?

Is there any safety regulations for compulsory rest after XX hour-of-driving ?

Look like you can never be assured the next GRAB car you book is safe or not.

Yes exactly.after hearin can earn almost 1k a day sure got some think can attempt to do same thing. his disclaimer that he will stop when tired is just to try to pacify those who goin to shoot him down.

• Praise 1

Agree

Wanna die, ownself die ok, dun bring others w u

A married man indeed is a changed man.

If my goldfish memori serves me right, I think you used to offer members here, one way guided tour to the underworld ....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3