Reliable workshop for Volkswagen other than AD?

CarMe

Hi all,

I do not know where to post this but can anyone advise me on a reliable VW workshop in Singapore for servicing other than authorised agent? I have a used 2010 Passat CC and thought maybe I should send it for servicing now. How often must the 6 speed DSG gearbox be serviced? Will be good if anyone can share any good parts/brands such as engine oil, filters, etc. for the servicing.

↡ Advertisement

Hi CarMe, I send my GTI to Volks at 8 Kaki Bukit Ave 4 #05-41, Singapore 415875. They currently have a Castrol promotion for the month of August. You can find out more here: http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=19572.

As for the DSG oil change, Volkswagen recommends a change every 30,000km. But being the kiasu owner that I am, I do it every 15,000km to 20,000km. Weijie from Volks will be able to better advise you on this.

Brand wise, I stick to Castrol for engine oil, since it's the brand that Volkswagen Centre Singapore uses as well. For DSG oil and oil filter, stick to Volkswagen's own product, won't go wrong. You can contact Weijie from Volks at 9796 9560. Tell him the red 3DR GTI from sgCarMart sent you  [thumbsup] 

Hi CarMe, I send my GTI to Volks at 8 Kaki Bukit Ave 4 #05-41, Singapore 415875. They currently have a Castrol promotion for the month of August. You can find out more here: http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=19572.

As for the DSG oil change, Volkswagen recommends a change every 30,000km. But being the kiasu owner that I am, I do it every 15,000km to 20,000km. Weijie from Volks will be able to better advise you on this.

Brand wise, I stick to Castrol for engine oil, since it's the brand that Volkswagen Centre Singapore uses as well. For DSG oil and oil filter, stick to Volkswagen's own product, won't go wrong. You can contact Weijie from Volks at 9796 9560. Tell him the red 3DR GTI from sgCarMart sent you  [thumbsup] 

Hi vaglover,

Thanks for the information. Do you know whether VOLKS have any equipment to do computerised diagnostic check on the car? I just purchased the car and would like to ensure it is good to last another 3 years till the car is scrapped.