Sleep quality

RadX

Recently have been tracking my sleep and realized that I am not getting a good nights rest

Case in point, see pic. Wonder if it’s age or the stressful lifestyle

attachicon.gif18114150-CC0A-40B6-B31D-F466C3FA2B65.png

Also , what apps are best to track sleep?

@dach dedicated to u too haaaa

Just married is like that one..

Too much of a good thing makes ur heart pump faster..

Think u better moderate ur frequency..

No need rocket science..

Tio bo @dach..better slow down your DIY activities..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

I believe having a device to monitor u while u sleep is wrong already.

Sub consciously u will be effect.

In fact all electrical device must be off.

Esp Wi-Fi PC.

Switch off all the plug.

Not just off the PC then u see the red colour led light still on.

Jialat, my aircon got this green led light. Same effect as red led? I use masking tape to cover it tonight.
  • Praise 1

Just married is like that one..

Too much of a good thing makes ur heart pump faster..

Think u better moderate ur frequency..

No need rocket science..

Tio bo @dach..better slow down your DIY activities..

What's the big deal of DIY?

You don't DIY some of your things?

I wash my car myself, I cook my meals sometimes, I sometimes have to sew back the torn pants or popped buttons myself, etc.

You mean everything has to be spoon fed?

• Praise 1

I believe having a device to monitor u while u sleep is wrong already.

Sub consciously u will be effect.

In fact all electrical device must be off.

Esp Wi-Fi PC.

Switch off all the plug.

Not just off the PC then u see the red colour led light still on.

As they say

If it ain’t broke dun fix it

The discussions here centered on the symptoms and effects rather than the possible causes.

I think drinking too much water or alcohol before sleep has effect on poor sleep quality. The former cause you to wake up to pee and you know how hard (literally) it can be to do it. The latter cause you to dehydrate in your sleep and wake up to drink water to quench the thirst.

There was also a study conducted by some students who showed that leaving HP near to you when you sleep may have effects on your sleep quality.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.mnn.com/health/healthy-spaces/blogs/amp/student-science-experiment-finds-plants-wont-grow-near-wi-fi-router

Other things like room ambient temp and noise, and bed quality also play a part

Edited by Sotong1977
  • Praise 4

The discussions here centered on the symptoms and effects rather than the possible causes.

I think drinking too much water or alcohol before sleep has effect on poor sleep quality. The former cause you to wake up to pee and you know how hard (literally) it can be to do it. The latter cause you to dehydrate in your sleep and wake up to drink water to quench the thirst.

There was also a study conducted by some students who showed that leaving HP near to you when you sleep may have effects on your sleep quality.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.mnn.com/health/healthy-spaces/blogs/amp/student-science-experiment-finds-plants-wont-grow-near-wi-fi-router

Other things like room ambient temp and noise, and bed quality also play a part

Thanks bro

Been reading up on these and not that I’m

Affected but it’s gd to know that this area of sleep has lacked priority. The simplest thing like the bed plays a part too.

Now with advances in tech and science, more light can be shed in having a good nights sleep. After all, much has been in the news on sleep/lack of sleep affecting behavior

Keep the inputs coming and if you have data, share too, for education perspectives

• Praise 1

Thanks bro

Been reading up on these and not that I’m

Affected but it’s gd to know that this area of sleep has lacked priority. The simplest thing like the bed plays a part too.

Now with advances in tech and science, more light can be shed in having a good nights sleep. After all, much has been in the news on sleep/lack of sleep affecting behavior

Keep the inputs coming and if you have data, share too, for education perspectives

no wonder last time you were hard-assed and temperemental. Go pee before you sleep lar......it will lead to a longer and better sleep.
  • Praise 1

ahhhh, that explains it all

Recently have been tracking my sleep and realized that I am not getting a good nights rest

IMHO

1) avoid stimulating activities before sleep time eg exercise, computer games

2) avoid fluids after 8 if worried about waking up to pee

3) last meal and sleep should be at least 3h apart to avoid reflux

4) stick to regular sleep hours

5) conducive sleep environment: temperature, ambience ( soothing music, aromatherapy), bed quality

6) reserving bed for only sleep and not other activities eg watching TV, reading a book to condition oneself to associate bed with sleep only

7) allergic rhinitis should be treated if present

8) address any sleep related disorders eg CPAP for OSA

9) avoid afternoon naps

10) physical activity in the day so one is tired by night time

Hope that helps

• Praise 4

IMHO

1) avoid stimulating activities before sleep time eg exercise, computer games

2) avoid fluids after 8 if worried about waking up to pee

3) last meal and sleep should be at least 3h apart to avoid reflux

4) stick to regular sleep hours

5) conducive sleep environment: temperature, ambience ( soothing music, aromatherapy), bed quality

6) reserving bed for only sleep and not other activities eg watching TV, reading a book to condition oneself to associate bed with sleep only

7) allergic rhinitis should be treated if present

8) address any sleep related disorders eg CPAP for OSA

9) avoid afternoon naps

10) physical activity in the day so one is tired by night time

Hope that helps

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

whatever works for you.

I personally prefer being slightly overhydrated rather than being underhydrated overnight.

But i drink a lot of fluids everyday. >3L easily usually

i also need naps. cos just regular night sleep alone is insufficient no matter how good the quality. Maybe I have some spanish blood.

• Praise 1

whatever works for you.

I personally prefer being slightly overhydrated rather than being underhydrated overnight.

But i drink a lot of fluids everyday. >3L easily usually

i also need naps. cos just regular night sleep alone is insufficient no matter how good the quality. Maybe I have some spanish blood.

afternoon siesta?......during army they must have given you the title koon Ong.....

No lah. Too long a nap will actually make you more sleepy. A short 30mins-45mins nap will recharge you to keep you going for the rest of the day.

true....not only nap, to much sleep will make one tired and lethargic. Best is 6/7 hrs with short nap of 15 mins in the afternoon can actually make one more alert.

When I couldn't sleep I just do some shoulder stretching like doing the yoga child pose. It helps to stretch the shoulders, traps area and some parts of the neck. For us guys we have this issue that it's tougher for our heart to pump blood upwards to our upper body, neck and head because of gravity. Promoting better blood cirulation around the upper body will help alleviate any soreness and stiffness around the shoulder/neck area. Help you overall relaxed and help you sleep better.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3