Hyundai Elantra or Kia Cerato

Joelwong

Is it appropriate to suggest Vios in this thread?

Just putting another option of the same price bracket for comparison against the 2 Koreans?

The vios is dam weird.

E grade has 10k VES surcharge but is 9k cheaper. G grade is 9k more expensive but no VES?

But the E grade is really damn low specs one when i was shopping around. I believe it was still fabric seats lol

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=12209

↡ Advertisement

Sat in the back of a new Mazda 3 Grab with wife early this year.

Small back space. Made worst with a big size driver.

There and then we strike off Mazda 3 for test drive...

same too for my family, they don't like the rear cabin.

Sat in the back of a new Mazda 3 Grab with wife early this year.

Small back space. Made worst with a big size driver.

There and then we strike off Mazda 3 for test drive...

mz3 legroom quite inferior to the korean sisters. But steering feel is good for a car this price point and it's looks (yes diluted by too many on the road). but can't deny it's a handsome car.

I would still pick the koreans though if u are driving your family around. And the elantra all have 6 airbags. The hyundai infotainment system is also better than the basic spec mz3 (i have no experience with the full spec)

Sorry I am using phone to reply so don't want to use quote function.

The agent only give $41k trade in. About 39xxx scrap value plus 13xx for body.

u still got sometime before 5 years ? before ur PARF rebate % drops. 

Has anyone considered the elantras:

7 yr free servicing

no need to trade vehicle in

no need to take 7 yr $50,000 loan

point 1 easily worth $2100 (@twice a yr, $150 each time)

Point 2 worth whatever excess your vehicle can command (I'm personally not bothered because my Civic has just 4 months left)

Point 3 is worth the interest for people like me (who rather pay as much as possible asap) - almost $10,000 total interest

With the above considered, at the minimum the cost of running Elantra is $10k less.

Any thoughts?

I of course would rather take the cerato, it being newer and all. but the extra cost as above is putting me off.

If u got full cash, elantra makes sense.

don't quite get your comment, maybe you saying why my scrap value rather high....

Projected de-reg at 31 Oct 18:

PARF rebate: $10, 545.00 ( omv $15,065 )

COE rebate $29,124.00 ( coe was $62,301, registration at 4 Jul 2013)

total rebate amt: $39,669.00

• Praise 1

I am considering the tier 2 pricing for the Elantra S

1 year free servicing

6 bid non gteed

$75999, which is a good 5k cheaper than the Cerato EX, and to get the EX at 80999, I need to trade in my car to them at paper ( my body is worth 1k)

So, other total cost savings for the S model is a good $6000

I service outside cheap cheap. 4 bottle of royal purple engine oil $38, oil filter and labour rm50

The Elantra S still VFM. minus off aesthetics, new model and the dash is nicer for the cerato.

TBH, I find the shortchanging of the airbags and VSC for the EX model quite er xin. 

don't quite get your comment, maybe you saying why my scrap value rather high....

Projected de-reg at 31 Oct 18:

PARF rebate: $10, 545.00 ( omv $15,065 )

COE rebate $29,124.00 ( coe was $62,301, registration at 4 Jul 2013)

total rebate amt: $39,669.00

oh u already past 5 year mark (since july 2013). So now your PARF category is already the >5 year old cat liao. I thought it was 4+ year old car. 

Well not much will change until pre july 2019, so u can take ur time to think bah. other than COE depreciation monthly.

Edited by Lala81

If u got full cash, elantra makes sense.

waiting for it to drop below 70k without coe guarantee and willimg to pay full cash. Maybe next year will happen

• Praise 1

waiting for it to drop below 70k without coe guarantee and willimg to pay full cash. Maybe next year will happen

i dunno how to predict COE. But looks like COE going to hover at this range for a while. Who knows. But it will take a disproportionately larger drop in COE for KMC to drop the price for 5k. Or business must be really poor. All the best.

I bought at 83+k for tier 2 when COE was 38k. Price dropped 4k within 1 month haha [laugh]  -_-

Edited by Lala81

In my opinion, I agreed with a writer, Elantra & Mazda 3 exterior do looks real nice and never get tired of looking at them every time..

But once you are inside, hard to ignore space & material use..

Maybe they target different demographic. Like Mazda 3 for sporty young man or woman where space is not important.

Is it appropriate to suggest Vios in this thread?

Just putting another option of the same price bracket for comparison against the 2 Koreans?

The cerato and Elantra is in altis class, vios pricing.

80k for a E model.

Only selling point is the brand, nothing else.

But I must say after test drive, the look, the drive has improved significantly over the old vios.

In my opinion, I agreed with a writer, Elantra & Mazda 3 exterior do looks real nice and never get tired of looking at them every time..

But once you are inside, hard to ignore space & material use..

Maybe they target different demographic. Like Mazda 3 for sporty young man or woman where space is not important.

Too bad the mz3 is hit with a 10k CEVS

He was referring to Mazda 3

why Elantra not favourite for PHV?

oh u already past 5 year mark (since july 2013). So now your PARF category is already the >5 year old cat liao. I thought it was 4+ year old car. 

Well not much will change until pre july 2019, so u can take ur time to think bah. other than COE depreciation monthly.

don't change car often, so don't know much how to get the most out of parf system  [:)]

why Elantra not favourite for PHV?

by looking at the mainstream PHV models, they are the low spec Attrage and  Mazda 3 etc with fabric seats, low equipment specs, I guess KMC refused to bring in low spec models to lower down their price, so it has never get short listed, which is good for Elantra owners. But this is jus my own speculation .

• Praise 1

SE text me this morning, SX model $84999

Launching price 89999,later 86999 now 84999?I thought coe up but price down?

Those first batch owners who collect car in the recent event,i think paid their own dinner and advertisement.lol....

• Praise 1

by looking at the mainstream PHV models, they are the low spec Attrage and  Mazda 3 etc with fabric seats, low equipment specs, I guess KMC refused to bring in low spec models to lower down their price, so it has never get short listed, which is good for Elantra owners. But this is jus my own speculation .

Mazda 3 more expensive than Elantra. So if same rental rate of course PHV driver prefer to take Mazda 3 (I assume most PHV driver rent car, rather than buy car), so there are floods of Mazda 3 PHV cars on the road than Elantra PHV

• Praise 1

Mazda 3 more expensive than Elantra. So if same rental rate of course PHV driver prefer to take Mazda 3 (I assume most PHV driver rent car, rather than buy car), so there are floods of Mazda 3 PHV cars on the road than Elantra PHV

Cuz mz3 kenna 10k ves, if not also around the same price.

I think SE also know they are not competitive, they serve also sian sian like that

↡ Advertisement