Hyundai Elantra or Kia Cerato

Joelwong

Till 2359, lucky I saw my SE text last min.....

Just changed phone from iPhone to android....all my iMessage went to my iPad.

So you booked? Which trim?
↡ Advertisement

So you booked? Which trim?

S trim.

Cruise control can fix for less then $200

Only thing ‘gao wei’ is the manual air con. My current and past cars both come with dual zone auto air con.

No electric seats is not a bad thing. With electric seats, no space to put amp under seat.

Cerato cannot even change head unit, at least Elantra can change double din

• Praise 1

S trim.

Only thing âgao weiâ is the manual air con. My current and past cars both come with dual zone auto air con.

No electric seats is not a bad thing. With electric seats, no space to put amp under seat.

Pardon me, I'm new. What is amp and double din?

I think service package is good for free replacement during the warranty period.

CnC has the equipment to diagnose.

Without SVC package,outside mechanic can only wait for breakdown or abonomility to take action

The ADs will not automatically scan or diagnose. It will just be engine oil and filter change unless you highlight the abnormality to them during the servicing which is of course more convenient than those without svc package.

So buyers have to weigh the pros and cons. I will take the discount over free servicings anyday though.  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

I remembered KM changed my honda radiator fan and damper during servicing. It was within my 1 year warranty after buying their used car (5th year).

I didn't know they were faulty or having problem.

Hope Kia & Hyundai service package is of similar standard.

I think service package is good for free replacement during the warranty period.

CnC has the equipment to diagnose.

Without SVC package,outside mechanic can only wait for breakdown or abonomility to take action

That's patently untrue lar bro... all workshops have the diagnostics machine to plug into your car and read all the error messages... this is necessary only if your car develops a fault... so whether authorized dealer or outside workshop, same same... both only do diagnostics when you signal a fault to them...

S trim.

Only thing âgao weiâ is the manual air con. My current and past cars both come with dual zone auto air con.

Only the driver's seat comes with the electric power... you can still put the amp under the passenger's seat... no issue...

And please note, you activate the cruise control when your car is not specced to have it, it means your insurance company will likely not cover it... which means if you get into an accident, you will definitely not be covered... but I don't know if third party claims will be covered or not... if third party claims are not covered, be very careful with this mod...

Finally, why can't the Cerato head unit be changed? It's a floating tablet type... just need to find a unit that fits... the i30 also has something like that, and Komoco installed another unit other than the factory unit...

Till 2359, lucky I saw my SE text last min.....

Just changed phone from iPhone to android....all my iMessage went to my iPad.

What's the chance of getting the COE at such a low price? I assume this is for the current model right? If so, they're probably aiming to sell as many units as possible to earn the top spot before transiting to the new model in Jan 2019...

The ADs will not automatically scan or diagnose. It will just be engine oil and filter change unless you highlight the abnormality to them during the servicing which is of course more convenient than those without svc package.

So buyers have to weigh the pros and cons. I will take the discount over free servicings anyday though. [laugh][laugh]

Agree... upfront discount is the best... cash in the pocket is better than anything the SE can offer... servicing packages are good only if you know nothing about the car... but for those who can maintain their own cars and have their own trusted workshop or mechanic, the discount is unbeatable... Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

I remembered KM changed my honda radiator fan and damper during servicing. It was within my 1 year warranty after buying their used car (5th year).

I didn't know they were faulty or having problem.

Hope Kia & Hyundai service package is of similar standard.

Dude, all warranty claims are not borne by the authorized dealer here... it's in their interest to just replace anything you complain about within the warranty period...

I complained about some audible rattling on the right side of my Sonata when I first got... at the 10,000 km servicing (free labour only), they did a thorough check... the service officer tried to show me where the rattle was... the mechanics said it was in the steering wheel and showed it to him... when the car was driven down, the steering didn't rattle when he tapped in the way the mechanic showed him... anyway Komoco offered to replace the steering wheel...I had to wait 2 weeks for it to be shipped in... free of charge cos under warranty... I arranged to have my car sent in by my Dad as I was away... they duly replaced the steering wheel... please note my steering wheel contains the airbags plus all the switch gear for all the audio/phone/cruise control controls... it must have been pretty expensive... they could have just said they could not locate the rattling but they not only did but offered to replace the steering wheel...

So don't worry unnecessarily lar... I had both my front sunshades replaced as well... the vanity mirror kept popping out in the heat... again free of charge. Actually when I went there, I couldn't reproduce the problem but they went ahead to replace it as well after prising them off and examining them...

Finally 16 years ago when I bought the Elantra XD, I also got them to replace the front chrome strip... I told them touch it and there were very fine rust spots on it... and also got them to replace the front two sunshades (same issue, vanity mirror pops out when heated up under the sun)... plus an oxygen sensor and throttle sensor... all under warranty...

So this is a consistent experience with Komoco...

That's patently untrue lar bro... all workshops have the diagnostics machine to plug into your car and read all the error messages... this is necessary only if your car develops a fault... so whether authorized dealer or outside workshop, same same... both only do diagnostics when you signal a fault to them...

Only the driver's seat comes with the electric power... you can still put the amp under the passenger's seat... no issue...

And please note, you activate the cruise control when your car is not specced to have it, it means your insurance company will likely not cover it... which means if you get into an accident, you will definitely not be covered... but I don't know if third party claims will be covered or not... if third party claims are not covered, be very careful with this mod...

Finally, why can't the Cerato head unit be changed? It's a floating tablet type... just need to find a unit that fits... the i30 also has something like that, and Komoco installed another unit other than the factory unit...

What's the chance of getting the COE at such a low price? I assume this is for the current model right? If so, they're probably aiming to sell as many units as possible to earn the top spot before transiting to the new model in Jan 2019...

Agree... upfront discount is the best... cash in the pocket is better than anything the SE can offer... servicing packages are good only if you know nothing about the car... but for those who can maintain their own cars and have their own trusted workshop or mechanic, the discount is unbeatable...

Thanks for the info on cruise control, will check with the insurance company.

Passenger seat put 2 channel amp for speakers, driver side put monoblock for sub.

For Elantra, just need to find bracket for standard 2 din. How to replace the floating tablet with 2din? I wouldnt want to 'float' a 2 din, looks odd.

Don't get the coe then get something else lor, 8 bids let them slowly bid. My car scrap mid December. Coe don't look like it will jump .

It is damm cheap! how long this event last?

I still was thinking to wait for 2019 elantra or not. In fact, dont even know if Hyundai typically will give great launching discount or not on first launch of new elantra

Se told me today got customers call her for yesterday deal but no more. For new launch, there will be some small discount but again, the pricing should be on the high side since it is new launch.

Hi,

The current Elantra do not have Ventilated seat.

Is there any company in Singapore that can install the ventialted seat like the stock?

Have the estimated price?

• Praise 1

Se told me today got customers call her for yesterday deal but no more. For new launch, there will be some small discount but again, the pricing should be on the high side since it is new launch.

Thanks for the info! I recall that when new kia cerato launched this year, the price for ex (middle variant) is between $70k to $80k range (if i dont recall wrongly) as part of the launching promotion. How I wish new elantra price will be the same in this range when newly launched.

Just found out this thread starter decided and booked Elantra S.... [laugh]

His own thread has either helped him or confused him, but at least he made a decision. Either car is a reasonably good decision as a value for money car.

oh, perhaps I am a slow tech adopter.

I think turbo will be expensive in upkeep in later years.

so i try to keep to the coventional.

I may be all wrong ... think this car sucks petrol and insurance will be higher.

anyway no 2L cars for me ... road tax is more and when it goes to workshop they charge you more.

i drove a 2L for 10 years.... enough. Haha, driving my Altis, my road speed has decreased .... seldom 100, mostly 80 / 90 lane 2.

I have driven Japanese NA 2.3L and 2.4L for 15 years before switching to used conti turbo 3+ years ago, in fact turbo is quite fun to drive and is not as costly or problematic to mainain as compare to N.A car. I am not sure if you have taken your plunge ,if not, you can include turbo in your options. Not that you have to buy one but at least dont rule it out. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Just found out this thread starter decided and booked Elantra S.... [laugh]

Good buy. Save a lot while still get nice car. New model won't fight, you're paying for newness too.
  • Praise 1