2018 BMW World Of Passion And Joy Singapore.

Theoldjaffa

Thanks to MCF and BMW for the tickets. 

My mates and I took some time off to visit the show...

Bro Carbon asked me what it was like and I can summarise it in a single sentence... it felt like a car sale show ..

Loads of reps, happy to hand out brochures, a few models, nothing like those Thai car shows... but the mood was more akin to the annual Motor Show we see in Jan, where you see tons of wheeling and dealing.

But it was definitely not short on numbers, with plenty of BMW fans and many were paying customers.

Some were Shell redemptions, others were BMW customers and others probably got invites from the BMW sales reps who were quick to come to the queues to look for their customers.

I didn't bother to ask about prices, so please don't ask me about them..

Some pics..

There were Mini cars as well as BMWs..

Some classic cars which were more interesting..

This was probably the most interesting for me..

post-173193-0-89680900-1535187303.jpg

post-173193-0-02677800-1535187326.jpg

post-173193-0-40918700-1535187339.jpg

post-173193-0-51970800-1535187369.jpg

• Praise 3

Door gift was a pathetic shopping bag..

Or pay a 'discounted' $108 for a cap, 32g USB and something which I can't recall..

At least they had some nice Minis..

And an old Mini which was probably the cutest ..

post-173193-0-72414400-1535187868.jpg

post-173193-0-85011100-1535187876.jpg

post-173193-0-95456500-1535187924.jpg

• Praise 2

Door gift was a pathetic shopping bag..

Or pay a 'discounted' $108 for a cap, 32g USB and something which I can't recall..

At least they had some nice Minis..

And an old Mini which was probably the cutest ..

I Guess the bag is for us to keep their brochures:D

Not even drinks provided...very niao huh

Mini mafia got a cute butt. :D

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 2

It's a pay and pay thing.. you do have the obligatory drinks and snacks stall, but with coffee prices rivalling that of the shops around Suntec, there weren't too many takers..

Maybe it's free for the buyers or BMW owners?

At least I saw some shining stars :)

Ok, I did take one pic of the price list for leasing...

post-173193-0-14908300-1535188169.jpg

post-173193-0-60587300-1535188206.jpg

It's a pay and pay thing.. you do have the obligatory drinks and snacks stall, but with coffee prices rivalling that of the shops around Suntec, there weren't too many takers..

Maybe it's free for the buyers or BMW owners?

At least I saw some shining stars :)

Ok, I did take one pic of the price list for leasing...

Looks boring huh...no race queen there. :(

I think I may be too old for the BMW sedans.. the seats are definitely cosseting, some fit almost like a glove, but the trick is in getting in, and you do have to contort to get into them... it didn't help that there were a couple of generously built sales reps obstructing the doors whenever I wanted to climb in..

Once you are inside, the plastics on the lower end models were nothing I could say had a 'bank vault' build.. you had to go up to the 5 series for that...

For tech fans, the BMW cars offer the whole gamut of features, but you have to pay for them... 

My choice for space and legroom was the X1... legroom front and back were amazing, and access was good. The Minis were the best fit, and you could test drive all of the cars, but there's a pretty long queue... even the lowest Mini had a point and punt feel... if one was single, this car could rival the 116D as a simple affordable warm hatch or get the Cooper for a hot hatch..

The plastics don't feel like they will last the whole ten years, but the car drove sweetly...

BMW / Mini do live up to their Ultimate driving machine moniker....

Looks boring huh...no race queen there. :(

The hottest things there was the red Mini...

But some reps do look like ex SQ staff... there was a couple of Caucasian models... they definitely looked statuesque ... because they stood there like statues... but hey, there were enough reps there to answer any question about the cars..

If you really want to talk deals, I think there would be some since it felt like a very large BMW showroom rather than the typical car exhibition..

post-173193-0-50125300-1535188641.jpg

• Praise 2

I think I may be too old for the BMW sedans.. the seats are definitely cosseting, some fit almost like a glove, but the trick is in getting in, and you do have to contort to get into them... it didn't help that there were a couple of generously built sales reps obstructing the doors whenever I wanted to climb in..

Once you are inside, the plastics on the lower end models were nothing I could say had a 'bank vault' build.. you had to go up to the 5 series for that...

For tech fans, the BMW cars offer the whole gamut of features, but you have to pay for them...

My choice for space and legroom was the X1... legroom front and back were amazing, and access was good. The Minis were the best fit, and you could test drive all of the cars, but there's a pretty long queue... even the lowest Mini had a point and punt feel... if one was single, this car could rival the 116D as a simple affordable warm hatch or get the Cooper for a hot hatch..

The plastics don't feel like they will last the whole ten years, but the car drove sweetly...

BMW / Mini do live up to their Ultimate driving machine moniker....

The hottest things there was the red Mini...

But some reps do look like ex SQ staff... there was a couple of Caucasian models... they definitely looked statuesque ... because they stood there like statues... but hey, there were enough reps there to answer any question about the cars..

If you really want to talk deals, I think there would be some since it felt like a very large BMW showroom rather than the typical car exhibition..

Hmmm...maybe going tomorrow look see ex SQ ah soh. :D

Thanks bro for your information

• Praise 1

Ok la..overall quite good with ânew models to molestâ

New X4

New 8 series coupe

New Z4

M2 CS

M4 CS (sold)

M2 competition, not cs.

M4 cs only One in Sg. Sold to a car collector

• Praise 1

Maybe it is the color but I must say I wasn't wowed by it...

I did enjoy the test drive of the X4 M40i though - it was quite a beast and overall handling was not too bad (bearing in mind this is a SUV). Loved the exhaust note :wub:. Priced at $320k thereabouts, a good contender with the Macan S.

42443786900_b1db1dda55.jpg

43533933274_7f9ea48fb7.jpg